MINNESOTA TIMBERWOLVES - NEW LOGO CONCEPT **Updated with Uni's

mattharveysc

MINNESOTA TIMBERWOLVES 

NEW LOGO CONCEPT

Growing up i've always been a fan of the Timberwolves and what they've done with their branding. I've always liked their logos, colors, court designs, elements of their jerseys, etc. I think they have done a pretty nice job overall over the years.

With the Timberwolves rebranding next season, I wanted to try my own version of their logos.

I've always been a fan of their original logo, but felt that it needed some tweaks to really make it pop. 

I have two different mockups that i've done; classic revamp of the their original logo vs. tweak of current secondary logo.

I wanted to try and focus on the blue, green, and white colors with the use of black as an alternate color. 

What do you think of these concepts?  Any critiques, suggestions, improvements are encouraged. 

Thanks guys!

Enjoy!

Matt

Minnesota Timberwolves - Logo Concept.3-01.jpg

I like version A, and with the recent trend of teams paying tribute to the past (Utah, Sacramento, Phoenix, Charlotte, etc.), it would fit better with the other NBA identities in the league.

My problem with Version B is that there's not enough contrast. It looks kinda dark and gloomy and I believe it's the black that is causing it. The team uses a slightly lighter shade of blue with black and silver and that has worked fairly well IMHO in recent years.

However, the retro green and blue scheme works better as it stands out more, looks vibrant, and doesn't need a third color.

Good work.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

I agree I prefer version A, I've never been a big fan of their current identity and I've always preferred their older set. Good job on both logo sets they're both really good I just prefer the older logo 

These are both really good.  As a Wolves fan, I am really interested in how this all turns out.  I prefer A because I like the green/blue look from their early years.  Black is not necessary.  Nevertheless, B is solid as well and if they have to use black, I like your incorporation of green.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

6 minutes ago, MasterAmino said:

LOVE the half moon. I'd steal it and add it to my concept if I was a jerk like that. ;) 

Going to add this to ESPN's contest?

Yes,

I am going to add this to the ESPN contest. I'm still making some small adjustments and tweaks to make it look more complete. The uniforms are almost done as well. 

Once finished, i'll put the final product on here for you all to see. 

I'm a bit confused about these Timberwolves posts (this one and the one by MasterAmino): who came up with the Version B wolf design?

They are slightly different but clearly the same design (with the hidden tree into the wolf fur).

Edit: I'm sorry, I've just realised that the design is actually based on the current Twolves alternate logo. Still, those two are actually very similar

On July 21, 2016 at 3:47 PM, mr.nascar13 said:

My problem with Version B is that there's not enough contrast. It looks kinda dark and gloomy and I believe it's the black that is causing it. The team uses a slightly lighter shade of blue with black and silver and that has worked fairly well IMHO in recent years.

A good fix would be to lighten the green...  Something similar to the Vancouver Canucks shade would be ideal.

Version B2 is hands down my favourite.  Fix the contrast issue and the original poster has something special.

UPDATED VERSION:

First off, 

Thank you all for your input. It was much appreciated.

After looking at the concepts I have come up, I have made a few alterations.

Version A: No changes:

Version B: I lightened the blue and the green color. By doing this, the logo is now brighter, visible, and connects more with the audience. You are now able to see more of the detail of the wolf and the basketball.

Version C: Copied version B, however, removed green as a secondary dominant color and replaced it with grey and white, giving the logo a softer, contemporary, retro feel. 

What you think of these improvements? What's your favorite and how can I continue to improve on these marks?

Thank you all for your thoughts. You have been great!

Minnesota Timberwolves - Logo Concept.3-01.jpg

Archived