ldconcepts' NHL Identity Swap Series (STL/CHI Added)

ldconcepts

Thanks for the support! But I'd hate to make you stop or slow down on doing your own work. It's really interesting seeing someone else's interpretation for some of these, the majority of them hadn't even been a thought for us. Unless you have another reason, I'd really be interested in seeing more of your takes.

Really like the start with the Preds one, especially with the plain pred and red eye. I think the predator should be a bit bigger though, and the stars smaller, to match the Sabres logo better.

58f9196939e87_CCSLCsig.png.9bc4492f6b88c5f7d305eb5337acf1f0.png

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/20/2016 at 11:47 AM, ldconcepts said:

I haven't posted anything for a while, so, for now, yay or nay?

identity%20swap%20preview_zpszzqaoxu5.pn

By the way, this might be slowing down, as the series which this is based on is being released. Check it out!

Nashville in the Sabres style? I'm feelin' it!

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

This has been in my head for a while; finally had a chance to do this. I give you... the NASHVILLE PREDATORS with the style of the BUFFALO SABRES.

Nashville+Predators-Buffalo+Sabres+Ident

I just flip-flopped the Sabres' jerseys' colours around to fit in more with the Preds' brand, along with a new logo. I put a red eye in the monotone Pred-Head to mimic the buffalo in the original, and replaced the double sabres with the Tennessee triple stars.

C&C Appreciated! 

Nyzv9xS.png

Twitter: @ldconcepts / Instagram: @ld.concepts / Website

I really like the Nashville concept. My only suggestion would be to make the laces blue, since that color feels a tad under-represented. Great work!

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

Up next: the CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS with the style of the COLUMBUS BLUE JACKETS.

Chicago+Blackhawks-Columbus+Blue+Jackets

I changed the Jackets' logo of an Ohio flag forming a C wrapped around a star to a recoloured Chicago flag forming a C wrapped around two tomahawks from the 'Hawks secondary.

I know the logos are a little rough, but my software isn't the most advanced...

C&C Appreciated!

Nyzv9xS.png

I dislike the Blackhawks, but will admit this is a great concept, esp. The logo.

Thanks for all the comments!

For the next swap, I decided to make a full swap of one of the first teams. I bring you... the EDMONTON OILERS in the style of the DALLAS STARS:

Edmonton+Oilers-Dallas+Stars+Identity+Sw

I played around with the D in the Stars logo to create an E in a similar style, then superimposed it over a stylized oil drop. The bevelling was a little tricky, because the drop only has two points to work with. I recoloured the Stars jerseys with this result. I particularly like the white one.

C&C appreciated!

Nyzv9xS.png

6 minutes ago, OhioSportsMan61 said:

Woah that Oil logo....would've been perfect for their early 2000's unis.

That's a real good look for them though, the colors work really well with the striping design. I just wish the numbers had an outline

Yeah, well, it wouldn't be a full swap without it... Thanks anyway.

Nyzv9xS.png

47 minutes ago, ldconcepts said:

Yeah, well, it wouldn't be a full swap without it... Thanks anyway.

It might be worth revisiting a few of these, at the end of the series, to make improvements that following the swap idea don't really allow for.

I'm not faulting you for sticking to the guidelines, but there have been a few small fixes that would take the template outside of what you want, but still make big differences to the sweater.

Still, keep 'em coming. Loving this series.

On August 22, 2016 at 10:30 AM, ldconcepts said:

This has been in my head for a while; finally had a chance to do this. I give you... the NASHVILLE PREDATORS with the style of the BUFFALO SABRES.

Nashville%20Predators-Buffalo%20Sabres%2

I just flip-flopped the Sabres' jerseys' colours around to fit in more with the Preds' brand, along with a new logo. I put a red eye in the monotone Pred-Head to mimic the buffalo in the original, and replaced the double sabres with the Tennessee triple stars.

C&C Appreciated! 

This is nice. Add a blue shoulder yoke to the gold jersey and it is perfect.

Archived