ldconcepts' NHL Identity Swap Series (STL/CHI Added)

ldconcepts

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Next up: the TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS with the style of the DALLAS STARS.

Toronto+Maple+Leafs-Dallas+Stars+Identit

I go off the board with my criteria here. I limited the swap to the logo, and made a jersey set that goes with it.

So, let me get it out of the way: I love the Stars new(ish) logo. It has the colour scheme, dynamism, and uniqueness to make it great. In this installment, I simply swapped the star for a the Ballard leaf, and beveled a T instead of the D, throwing back to the Arenas days. With the beveling, I went with Dallas' bizarre decision to colour the maple leaf/star grey on the dark. I personally think that, without the bevel, this would've been a great direction for the Leafs to go in if they wanted the new set to be modern.

C&C Appreciated!

Nyzv9xS.png

Twitter: @ldconcepts / Instagram: @ld.concepts / Website

1 hour ago, ldconcepts said:

Sorry for the repetition, but I thought Dallas would look good in the style of Edmonton. I've limited the swapping to two for each team's style.

Dallas%20Stars-Edmonton%20Oilers%20Ident

C&C Appreciated!

I think I like the Devils better for this look. Keep 'em coming!

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

This one's different:

The NEW YORK RANGERS in the style of the FLORIDA PANTHERS:

New+York+Rangers-Florida+Panthers+Identi

Florida's new uniforms have chest stripes outlined in gold; white on the home, red on the away. The most unique feature is the swap of traditional number and shoulder patch placement, which I've converted to the Rangers colours and logos. The away of this set looks way too much like the Habs' Winter Classic jersey, so it has no place in today's NHL.

The thing to look at in this concept is the logo. I swapped out the Florida panther for Lady Liberty, and "FLORIDA" and "PANTHERS" for "NEW YORK" and "RANGERS". I swapped out the "arm patches" for the American flag, which fits seamlessly onto the uniform.

C&C Appreciated!

Nyzv9xS.png

This one's one of my favourites, not for aesthetic, but for the idea itself.

I bring you the PHILADELPHIA FLYERS in the style of the DETROIT RED WINGS.

Philadelphia+Flyers-Detroit+Red+Wings+Id

These two teams have the most similar names in the NHL. It was especially fun because the Flyers are the only current NHL team to never change their logo, after 50 seasons plus. I converted the Flyers logo into an F, with the angle and proportion of the Winged Wheel. The Wings have quite possibly the cleanest jerseys in the NHL, which I've converted to the Flyers three-colour scheme. I personally think the Wings' identity fits the Flyers, but I wouldn't ever use it to replace the classic Philly logo.

C&C Appreciated!

Nyzv9xS.png

A small tweak, the Wings on Flyers template looks good, but I would make the design a lowercase D. I made a terrible 5 minute mockup to illustrate my point. Don't judge me.

detroitflyersidea.png

Archived