ldconcepts' NHL Identity Swap Series (STL/CHI Added)

ldconcepts

I've been holding onto this idea for a while. So, I'm gonna revive this series!

The Flyers and Flames have similar bases for their logo: their namesake coming out of the first letter of their city name. That's where the similarities end, so I applied the Flyers simple colour scheme to the Flames modern jersey template. 

CGY-PHI+Identity+Swap.png

C&C Appreciated!

Nyzv9xS.png

Twitter: @ldconcepts / Instagram: @ld.concepts / Website

• ldconcepts changed the title to ldconcepts' NHL Identity Swap Series (CGY/PHI Added)
  • Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's a swap between two of the newest NHL identities, the Winnipeg Jets and the Vegas Golden Knights. For the primary crest, I replaced the jet with a golden sword, and the maple leaf with the Vegas star. I applied that to a recoloured Jets template.

WPG-VGK+Identity+Swap.png

C&C Appreciated!

Nyzv9xS.png

• ldconcepts changed the title to ldconcepts' NHL Identity Swap Series (WPG/VGK Added)

Another idea I've been holding on to for a while. Since the Ducks logo is a D shaped around a webbed foot, I thought it would be natural to swap the foot for a pitchfork, and adjust the D to fit the shape. For the shoulder logo, I tweaked the new Binghamton Devils logo and laid it over the Mighty Ducks crossed sticks. For the uniform, I stripped down the Ducks’ busy pattern to fit a two colour scheme, and kept the Devils red as primary.

ANA-NJD+Identity+Swap.png

C&C is appreciated for this newest installment along with the others!

Nyzv9xS.png

• ldconcepts changed the title to ldconcepts' NHL Identity Swap Series (ANA/NJD Added)
  • 1 month later...

I'm back with another Identity Swap!

I'm sorry for the oversaturation of Vegas swaps, but I'm finding a lot of interesting ways to play with their identity. For this one, I exploited the parallels between them and the Senators.

I traced over Ottawa's "Senturion" and put in Vegas' knight helmet.  For the highlights, I was inspired by unused logos rejected in part because of their resemblance to the Senators. After experimenting with keeping the Senator's face, I decided to keep it black. For the uniforms, I took some liberties. Instead of recolouring the Sens' current monstrosities, I tweaked their NHL100 Classic look, which let me add more colours. For more balance, I filled in the shoulder yokes and the sleeves on the home jersey. On the shoulders, I put a Vegas version of the =O= logo.

OTT-VGK+Identity+Swap.png

What do you think? C&C Appreciated!

Nyzv9xS.png

The logo is a bit choppy, especially around the curve on the back of the head, but it's a good start and I really like the idea. The jerseys look pretty nice too, but I would lose the black cuffs and change the white into black. After all, their actual home jersey has very little white, only on the numbers and logos. 

58f9196939e87_CCSLCsig.png.9bc4492f6b88c5f7d305eb5337acf1f0.png

Next, I've swapped the Blackhawks with their rival Blues.

I replaced the music note with a simplified tomahawk from the Hawks' secondary logo, and replaced the wing with streaks coming from four Chicago stars.

STL-CHI+Identity+Swap.png

What do you think? C&C Appreciated!

Nyzv9xS.png

• ldconcepts changed the title to ldconcepts' NHL Identity Swap Series (STL/CHI Added)

Cant help but see the missed opportunity of using a hawk wing in the logo or achieving the same effect with large feathers off the head of the tomahawk, but other than that, really nice work. The blues template looks surprisingly nice with the Hawks' Red-Black-White scheme.

Guest darkpiranha
8 minutes ago, JB Designs said:

Cant help but see the missed opportunity of using a hawk wing in the logo or achieving the same effect with large feathers off the head of the tomahawk, but other than that, really nice work. The blues template looks surprisingly nice with the Hawks' Red-Black-White scheme.

Agreed.  I'd love to see this implemented.

Archived