New WWE RAW and Smackdown Live logos

29texan

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

I dislike the name "Smackdown" for an "important' show (as opposed to Superstars, Velocity, Heat, etc.)  It should be "Tuesday Night xxxxx."  Tuesday Nitro?  

I hear you, alas that name seems so ingrained that the show might have to hit rock bottom pun intended before they ditch it.

'RAW' has aged perfectly almost like a happy accident.  'SD Live' would be my primary visual branding, they could make a nice efficient wordmark out of that.

Here is a Scott Steiner gif in the meantime...

scott-steiner-pojo-stick-o.gif

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

On 8/15/2016 at 6:02 PM, VirginiaJay24 said:

I have screenshots of the new graphics

Screenshot_2016-08-15-17-55-59.png

Screenshot_2016-08-15-17-56-27.png

Screenshot_2016-08-15-17-56-47.png

Screenshot_2016-08-15-17-57-41.png

Screenshot_2016-08-15-17-58-25.png

Screenshot_2016-08-15-17-58-33.png

That "W" in Raw looks worse and worse every time I see it. And it would also look far better with another bar above the wordmark.

Also, I find it a little off that they're incorporating some red into the SmackDown graphics. Raw has always been the 'red' brand, and SmackDown the 'blue' brand. Given that they just revived the brand extension, having any red in the SD graphics makes it seem like it's an offshoot of Raw, not a separate brand. After a few years of actually being a Raw offshoot, you'd think they'd do everything possible to make it seem like SD stands on its own now.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/17/2016 at 6:21 PM, kroywen said:

Also, I find it a little off that they're incorporating some red into the SmackDown graphics. Raw has always been the 'red' brand, and SmackDown the 'blue' brand. Given that they just revived the brand extension, having any red in the SD graphics makes it seem like it's an offshoot of Raw, not a separate brand. After a few years of actually being a Raw offshoot, you'd think they'd do everything possible to make it seem like SD stands on its own now.

I'm not seeing the red... 

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Theyre very amateurish and not nearly ready to use on a TV show.  Both woudl be downgrades, even the RAW one.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived