225 posts in this topic

Jeez, the Militia loaded up. I wish the Brotherhood will do some good things soon. 

Indianapolis Stripes 1908.png

Barry Leonard (Indianapolis Stripes Owner) was instrumental in leading the city of Indianapolis to fund the construction of a new public stadium ($194,000). The stadium was to be used by the local university's baseball team in addition to the city's professional team (Indianapolis Stripes). This stadium's main structure was constructed from red brick and fitted with wood benches that were painted green to match team colors. The outfield bleachers were of wooden construction also painted completely green. A bronze plaque to commemorate the Stripes 1910 United League championship was placed into the outer brick facade of the stadium, along with several more empty spots for future championships.

The freshly constructed ballpark would become the new home of the Indianapolis Stripes as they would transition from the privately funded Leonard Park (constructed 1905, 9,217; Conv-F, Comf-D, Sight-D), which had just hosted several iconic games in the last UNBA World Championship Series. Indianapolis' new stadium was christened 'The People's Park' on March 20th, 1911, in time for the Stripes first game of the 1911 season.

1911 The Peoples Park.jpg

1 person likes this

14 hours ago, D42 said:

Indianapolis Stripes 1908.png

1911 The Peoples Park.jpg

I really like the new park (may be biased). Hopefully it can stay intact for a while.

I just read the whole thing, it is absolutely amazing, I will be following it from now on, keep up the great job man :D
P.D. Go Brotherhood! (Cause they are from boston and they look like the Red Sox :p)