252 posts in this topic

I should have said this earlier, but I guess I'm rooting for a different Packers team. Go Pack Go!

1 person likes this

World-Series-1911-game-four.gif.a71b3c87540c5af382f90d7aec9b95fd.gif

What happened to Game Four?

58 minutes ago, eick74 said:

What happened to Game Four?

The only thing wrong was the labeling of which game it was, five instead of four. thanks.

World-Series-1911-game-five.gif.edac91ca9fcbb15674449353586a6514.gif

1 person likes this

This is pretty detailed stuff! I like it so far, but why are both the Titans and the Royals constantly near the bottom of the standings?!?! 

Seriously, great work here. 

You mentioned earlier, though that you play football...where did/do you play and what position?

45 minutes ago, Balu the Bare said:

This is pretty detailed stuff! I like it so far, but why are both the Titans and the Royals constantly near the bottom of the standings?!?! 

Seriously, great work here. 

You mentioned earlier, though that you play football...where did/do you play and what position?

Thank you, I am glad people appreciate my work.

(Disclaimer: Both of the following reviews could be wrong if something off-norm happens with my rolls. Just based off a quick glance at my sheets.)

The Detroit Titans had solid seasons in 1904, & 1906-1909. Especially their 1906 second place finish. Unfortunately for their fans the Titans currently lack the depth to compete for a league title, though they have a few star players, namely 24-year-old Rob Cinnamond (LF). They have some promising pitching talent, but will need to acquire a few players to bolster their lineup before they will be able to contend for a league title like they did in 1906.

The Ohio Royals won two league titles, in 1902 & 1905. Unfortunately, they lost both times in the UNBA World Series. Currently, they are one of the older rosters in the league. They signed Peter Martin (P) hoping to bolster their rotation, but his days as an elite ace pitcher appear to have crashed to a halt (5-14, 6.24 ERA). They will need to add substantial talent to their rotation and lineup before they are competing for a league title.

I am entering my senior year at Greenville University (NCAA D3) where I am an Education Major with a Pre-Law focus. I started as the team's Longsnapper last year (Junior season), while also playing MLB sparingly. Football is my first love, but I am a huge fan of most sports.

1 person likes this

World-Series-1911-game-six.gif.d777e1da9941d27af0d6eef1561bdeaa.gif

First time posting here, but this series is really getting me excited. Go Beermen! Complete the comeback!

World-Series-1911-game-seven.gif.19297bc857fa384aa46959d557eb5b19.gif

1 person likes this

Term-Magazine-1911.thumb.png.b43b844a65181a46fd25955bc45f7e0f.png

1 person likes this

1911 Awards

United League:

The United League decided to host an Official Celebration & Awards Banquet to honor the players, managers, & owners. It was hosted at Chicago Park (Illinois Packers)xzc87rp5SqpBg6OQ79u6nFHedfwAmHC-pp72H5A4bbr7z1m-39YAlZJ-0MArEgY1Rr2miPoUkw_HISXVvya2RBH8FGEawY4on__fhXH9SzXeuxN3y3Il_gdKm350txHToAZgdFMc. Everyone involved with the United League was invited. Tables were spread out across the outfield while a stage stretched over the infield. The event was a solid success. A select few reporters were allowed into the festivities and the United League followed up its UNBA league championship with another huge moment in the national news. The UL had decided to add an additional award: Most Valuable Manager. The league also handed out patches for the first time to the Most Valuable Player and Most Valuable Pitcher in the league. Erik Kingsmore (P) had produced a breakout season in what could have previously been called an inconsistent career. In the process he claimed his second UNBA championship with the Illinois Packers, having been a part of Cleveland's rotation during their 1907 UNBA Championship. Clay Shutt (3B) led the UNBA in RBIs and was a key factor in the Chicago Tribe's second half offensive explosion.

Finally, Aaron Barbuto was called up to the stage, to the sound of a standing ovation. Barbuto had been a key part of the Illinois Packer's rotation late in his career (1905-1907). As Barbuto's arm slowed he failed to find a spot in the UNBA and played for the Allentown (MD) Flyers in the NCBL from 1908-1909. There he was a key starter during their 1908 NCBL championship season. After a lackluster 1909 performance, Barbuto looked to become a manager at the collegiate level. This changed when Illinois fired their manager and contacted Barbuto, who accepted the position immediately. In Aaron Barbuto's second season as a manager, at only 35 years of age, he had accomplished the improbable, taking the worst team in the UNBA in two short years to the very top. Barbuto stood on the stage smiling as the cheers began to quite down, then he stepped to the microphone. 'I want to thank our Heavenly Father, my wife, the fans, and especially my team, for believing in my vision. Young guys believed (gestured towards Kevin Dixon). We landed some talent that the league had written off as second-rate (gestured towards Erik Kingsmore), but I knew... they had it here (pointed at his chest). And we all worked.... every member on the team... we worked our tails off. Now... we stand at the top... the top of the sporting world. I can only express, that I am honored to receive this award... and I guarantee I will continue giving everything to the greatest game in the world.' The Official Celebration & Awards Banquet was a resounding success and it was planned to become the regular conclusion for future United League seasons.

United League:

jDo2AeAvQgs-uhUGKnjoK4JA6TlCc27shfRLr4_u4P8mRGDSpn-GIehnh84gKOu-8EhFNNRB9L-VWBy_tQsO3k75yE0M-YOVniwMYv_eK4_JDKeCrI1kV3F3cxURGuuSQ9iRbfgS

United League Most Valuable PItcher:

Erik Kingsmore (Illinois-Packers-1920s.gif.0ec53fea8c1870175eabff13e3151524.gif Illinois Packers, SP, 29 yr) .242 OBP, .302 SLG

24-11, 2.59 ERA, 78 Ks, 39 GS, 31 CGs, 2 SOs

United League Most Valuable Player:

Clay Shutt (Chicago-Tribe-1920s.gif.db391dd76f0ad6187bdada387fe325b0.gif Chicago Tribe, 3B, 26 yr) 137 PO, .911 F%

.395 OBP, .512 SLG, 130 RBIs, 126 Rs, 4 SBs, 8 HRs

United League Most Valuable Manager:

Aaron Barbuto (Manager, 35 yr) 2nd Season Illinois-Packers-1920s.gif.0ec53fea8c1870175eabff13e3151524.gif Illinois Packers, 2nd yr HC

94-60, MVPitcher, United League Title, UNBA World Championship

National League:

The National League would award Steve Tilton and Jeremy Say the Pitcher and Player of the Year awards. Steve Tilton would deliver a great season while helping to propel the Runners to a second place finish. He led the UNBA with 6 shutouts. Meanwhile, Jeremy Say would be recognized for his accomplishments. He ranked in the top 5 in SLG, RBIs, and Homeruns during the 1911 season.

National League:

National League Pitcher of the Year:

Steve Tilton (Baltimore-Runners-1920s.gif.ff7f4a263ad4774b4e849d1900b5992f.gif Baltimore Runners, SP, 30 yr) .252 OBP, .319 SLG

20-8, 2.74 ERA, 56 Ks, 38 GS, 22 CGs, 6 SOs

National League Player of the Year:

Jeremy Say (Manhattan-Thunder-Logo.gif.9fa1f75ce10fc533a910ab10baa38ae9.gif Manhattan Thunder, LF, 26 yr) 274 PO, .979 F%

.383 OBP, .494 SLG, 116 RBIs, 107 Rs, 13 SBs, 10 HRs