Like below my post ↓

D42    46
1 minute ago, Ipapterotes said:

forum signature

Like below my post ↓

Yeah, I'll see what I can come up with.

D42    46

Statistics 1902-1903 Offseason

(If there is a list you would like me to post, just ask)

Career Steals Leaders

1. 723- Tod Graham (2B) NY Militia
  2. 556- Darryl Parton (CF) Ohio Royals
  3. 520- Jeff Burrell (CF) Philadelphia Boomers
  4. 458- Luke Rigney (SS) Boston Beetles
  5. 422- Sean Marz (RF) Pennsylvania Scarlets

Career Runs Scored Leaders

1. 1532-Jeff Burrell (CF) Philadelphia Boomers
  2. 1398-Dave Rehm (RF) Retired
  3. 1327-Luke Rigney (SS) Boston Beetles
  4. 1308-Darryl Parton (CF) Ohio Royals
  5. 1295-Tod Graham (2B) NY Militia

Career Shutout Leaders

1. 18-Gary Aiken (P) Philadelphia Boomers
  2. 15-Dan Rinfret (P) Chicago Crusaders
  3. 14-Nelson Arthur (P) Cleveland Grizzlies
  4. 13-Dan Scheirer (P) Pittsburgh Panthers 
  5. 11-Aaron Barbuto (P) Brooklyn Beermen

D42    46

1904 Regular Season

The 1904 season was dominated by the Boston Brotherhood, who set a record for wins in a single season by going 105-49. Luke Nuttal (P) had a surprising season of dominance from the mound as he set a record for wins by a pitcher in a season going 32-9 with a 2.71 ERA. Shortly into the season Derrick Dotson (P) was moved down to second in the pitching rotation, but still posted solid numbers, going 23-12 with a 3.08 ERA. Phil Scrimshawe (2B) led the team with a .375 AVG and 100 RBIs. The Brotherhood had the best pitching in the National League, second only to the St Louis Steamers in the entire UNBA. The National League title race was led from the beginning to the end of the season by the Boston Brotherhood, who are favored heading into the 1904 World Baseball Championship Series.

The United League title race was much closer. Twenty-four year old Drew Krull (P) would emerge as the team's ace in the 1904 season with a league best 2.29 ERA (24-11, 182 Ks). Tim Alister (P) would post solid numbers as expected and together with the 36 year old Justin Harrison the St Louis Steamers would once again have the most dangerous pitching rotation in baseball. However, the season was not a cakewalk. St Louis' lineup failed to impress and it would fall to the pitching rotation to ensure a return to the Championship Series. The Chicago Crusaders and the Cleveland Grizzlies were determined to not let that happen. Unfortunately for Chicago, Ben Randall (P), for whom Chicago had traded 5 players for in the off-season, posted a 4.73 ERA and split his first 18 games going 9-9 before Chicago finally sold Randall to Buffalo for $11,000. Since Chicago was unable to find their ace pitcher they turned to their lineup to win games. Fortunately, seven players in Chicago's lineup batted over .300. The Crusaders played solid ball, they were not flashy, but kept opponents to manageable scores and with their high batting averages were able to lead the United League several times throughout the season. Meanwhile, the Cleveland Grizzlies made up for a poor pitching rotation, the worst in the UNBA, with a dynamic young lineup led by: 22 year old Denny William (CF) (.396 AVG, 108 RBIs), 23 year old Nat Brane (CF) (.376 AVG, 97 RBIs), and 22 year old Clay Wiles (2B) (.391 AVG, 44 RBIs). Unfortunately, Cleveland did not find their momentum until after the first two months as the young team took awhile to find it's rhythm. Cleveland was hot in the second half and finished with league leading numbers in batting AVG, SLG, and Runs Scored. In the end, St Louis' Drew Krull (P) would win key match-ups in the final weeks to help return the Steamers to the World Baseball Championship Series for the third time in four years.

1904 UNBA Season.png

Ipapterotes    15
3 hours ago, Cardinal said:

Lets go Brotherhood. Steamers have done enough winning.

Did the Imperials do enough winning from 1946-1949!?

Uglybus    338
1 hour ago, Ipapterotes said:

Did the Imperials do enough winning from 1946-1949!?

Probably. They only one 1 more Victory Bowl in the next 30 years!

D42    46

1904 World Baseball Championship Series

Heading into the Series the headlines surrounded Drew Krull's (P) broken collarbone suffered 4 games before the end of the 1904 season. With St Louis lacking their ace pitcher for the entire series the Boston Brotherhood were heavily favored heading into game one. The Brotherhood would take the first three games, they capitalized on the weakened pitching rotation of the Steamers. Phil Scrimshawe (2B) batted .750 AVG in the first 3 games helping the Brotherhood take a 3-0 lead in the series. Tim Alister (P) posted mediocre numbers throughout the series for St Louis with a 3.86 ERA and zero wins when the Steamers needed Alister to step up most.  However, the St Louis Steamers did not go down without a fight. With their backs against the wall the Steamers pulled out 2 straight home wins as their lineup came to life, especially in game 5, as they poured on 16 runs against the sloppy pitching of Mike Olney (P) and Darwin Bengston (P) as the Brotherhood rested Luke Nuttal (P) and Derrick Dotson (P) who had pitched well throughout the series. In game six at home, Luke Nuttal closed out the series claiming Boston's first UNBA World Championship. Phil Scrimshawe was awarded the Series Most Valuable Player Award as he posted a .560 AVG, with 8 Runs, and 4 RBIs.

1904 World Baseball Championship Series.jpg

D42    46

1904 UNBA Awards

Two Pitchers swept the awards for both the National League and the United League. Both pitchers led their teams to the World Baseball Championship Series, and both had the lowest ERA numbers in their respective leagues. Drew Krull (P) posted fantastic numbers posting a 2.29 ERA, unfortunately, his dream season ended early with a broken collarbone in the final weeks, and he spent the Championship Series watching from the dugout as his team fell to the Luke Nuttal (P) led Brotherhood in six games. Luke Nuttal swept the National League Awards with a record setting regular season performance winning 32 games in one season while leading his team to the 1904 UNBA Championship.

National League

National League Pitcher of the Year: Luke Nuttal (P) 32-9, 2.71 ERA, 94 Ks, Boston Brotherhood

National League Player of the Year: Luke Nuttal (P) 32-9, 2.71 ERA, 94Ks, Boston Brotherhood

United League

United League Most Valuable PItcher: Drew Krull (P) 24-11, 2.29 ERA, 182 Ks, St Louis Steamers

United League Most Valuable Player: Drew Krull (P) 24-11, 2.29 ERA, 182 Ks, St Louis Steamers

D42    46

1905 Expansion

Midway through the 1904 season the United League received a bid to join the league. This bid came from a Indianapolis businessman, Barry Leonard. He had just recently acquired a small city ballclub called the Elkpark Stripes and was constructing a ballpark that would be ready for the 1905 season. He impressed the owners within the United League with a fine dinner in Chicago during the 1904 Year End Owners' Meetings. The league announcement was made January 5th, 1905, the Indianapolis Stripes would be joining the United League as the 9th member for the 1905 season.

Uniform IND 1905.png

Magic Dynasty    406

For whatever reason, I seem to prefer being a fan of bad teams when I'm following these leagues (mostly because I haven't experienced much winning from my real life teams), so what's the worst team in the league? I want to be their fan.

D42    46
On 8/2/2016 at 5:45 PM, Magic Dynasty said:

For whatever reason, I seem to prefer being a fan of bad teams when I'm following these leagues (mostly because I haven't experienced much winning from my real life teams), so what's the worst team in the league? I want to be their fan.

The Pittsburgh Panthers have a smaller stadium and have one of the smallest payrolls in the league. They had success in the pas,t but now they must relay on their own development of players as they lose many talented veteran players to teams with bigger payrolls. 

The Milwaukee Kings are also in a similar situation to the Panthers. Both teams lose talented veteran players, once their arbitration period ends, to teams with more money and better facilities.

Really cool! Not sure who I like the most to be honest...I'm probably just going to hope, the Militia, Brooklyn, and Mannhattan do well...or buffalo...

Side question: Where exactly are the New York Militia playing? Is it in the City, or Upstate, or on Long Island (not Queens or Brooklyn)

Cardinal    63

1905 is Brooklyns year lets go Beermen ?! Also i wish the Beetles and Brotherhood were in diffrent leagues so we could have an all Boston Championship series.

~Bear    312

I'm a Pittsburgh fan in reality, so I guess my allegiance relies with the Panthers (despite their suckiness as pointed out). Do they have any connection with Pitt University?

D42    46

1905 New Stadiums

George Fanning, owner of the New York Militia, submitted a new stadium proposal early in 1903 asking for a world class stadium that would represent the splendor of New York within the UNBA. This stadium was approved on February 3rd, 1904, and ground broke the following month in the Astoria neighborhood for Queens' Ballpark. This stadium was the most expensive ($435,000) and largest baseball stadium in the world when completed on March 8th, 1905.

Barry Leonard's park was completed on February 14th, 1905, this stadium was located in downtown Indianapolis, and was the completion of the promised stadium for the Indianapolis Stripes expansion bid. This stadium was a wood structure that was put up down the left field line that could seat 9,217. Cost of construction is estimated at $150,000.

The Pennsylvania Scarlets constructed a new stadium for the 1905 season to replace their 19 year old Central Stadium. The new stadium cost $195,000 and roughly doubled the capacity of their old stadium, while providing a better baseball venue for the Pennsylvania fans. 

Untitled New Stadiums 1905.jpg