Redesigning logos (Radio 101, 3 out of who knows how many)

OliverP

A while ago I saw a project on Behance that really inspired me to maybe start a similar project. This is the link of the one I saw: https://www.behance.net/gallery/35060175/Reform-Redesigned-Logos

Muskat is a wonderfully creative team of two designers from Germany and lets say I started following them ever since I first glanced at their projects.

They focused on German brands and stores, making them look better, I on the other hand, will focus on the stores I see in my town of Zagreb, no matter what country a brand comes from. I just might put in a Croatian one, maybe...

Sooooo, long story short, I started with Müller, a German trade company that basically sells everything from perfumes to cosmetics, from notebooks and pens to toys (lots and lots of toys). Lets say they are part one of my project.

https://dribbble.com/shots/2857281-M-ller <--------dribbble link

output_8asJrX.gif

I hope you leave a like and a comment. Thank you! :)

EDIT: The image is a GIF, so if you click it you'll see the logo on different color backgrounds.

40 minutes ago, Zeus89725 said:

I really like it! The font is a nice upgrade, the flower (Is that a flower? That's what I think) is upgraded, and it looks great on every color.

Well done!

To be honest I am not absolutely sure its a flower, never found any info on the original logo...but it sure as heck looks like one, so yes it is a flower haha thank you very much.

40 minutes ago, ZionEagle said:

It's a lovely redesign of the logo. I like how you kept the main elements and simplified them.

I will be following you on Dribbble :D

Thank you ZionEagle, it means a lot. :D

Nice work, I remember the company from my time in Germany. I like that you didn't redefine the company's look, but honed it in and simplified it. Looking forward to more.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

• 1 month later...

Really like your Muller update (though, I also like the original).  Your second one I thought was just ok, until I noticed you kept the shape of the heart, then I was more impressed.  Good job.  You have talent.

Would be interesting to see your take on Croatian logos (Pipi update?? :D)

12 hours ago, ec5 said:

Really like your Muller update (though, I also like the original).  Your second one I thought was just ok, until I noticed you kept the shape of the heart, then I was more impressed.  Good job.  You have talent.

Would be interesting to see your take on Croatian logos (Pipi update?? :D)

Thanks man, you just gave me a great logo to work on, I'll definitely do a Pipi update (love the drink :)) 

Right now I'm working on Lidl, that'll be up next week. Thanks for the support!

13 hours ago, OliverP said:

Thanks man, you just gave me a great logo to work on, I'll definitely do a Pipi update (love the drink :)) 

Right now I'm working on Lidl, that'll be up next week. Thanks for the support!

I look forward to it.  The nice thing about trying to update Croatian logos is that it would be easy for you to approach the companies to see if they're interested in adopting the new look (though, I suspect many would be too cheap to think about it).  Have you thought about sending a marketing package to companies, like Autoherc, to see if they'd buy it?  I don't know how European companies operate (when it comes to marketing/updating logos), but I do think the logos are good enough that it should give them something to think about.

P.S. Mostar seems like a nice city (though, too hot in the summer!).  My family comes from close to Tomislavgrad.  

15 hours ago, ec5 said:

I look forward to it.  The nice thing about trying to update Croatian logos is that it would be easy for you to approach the companies to see if they're interested in adopting the new look (though, I suspect many would be too cheap to think about it).  Have you thought about sending a marketing package to companies, like Autoherc, to see if they'd buy it?  I don't know how European companies operate (when it comes to marketing/updating logos), but I do think the logos are good enough that it should give them something to think about.

P.S. Mostar seems like a nice city (though, too hot in the summer!).  My family comes from close to Tomislavgrad.  

I wasn't thinking of trying to reach the company because our people aren't really into rebranding, they just don't see it as something important or useful. But I might give it a go, I've got nothing to lose. I'll make a presentation, try to sell them the logo and a new visual identity, if it works out I'll post an update.

Also, you are totally right about the summer, 40 degrees everyday is very tough to handle for everyone.

Cheers!

• 1 year later...

Kickstarting this OLD thread of mine, hope it's ok with the mods.

I've posted a new redesign on Dribbble (And here's the Dribbble link https://dribbble.com/shots/4662225-Radio-101) and wanted to share it with the boards. It's really a clean-up of the classic Radio 101's logo. The radio station has been around since 1984 and it was always known as the urban, different, freethinking and a no BS kind of station. They're the first radio station in Croatia to have dedicated shows that played hard rock, heavy metal, and alternative music so their logo has become a sort of symbol for the non-mainstream alternative youth. The old logo needed some work, it's a bit too grungy for my taste. Here's the old one:

Radio101.jpg

And here's the clean-up:

101.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/2/2018 at 2:16 PM, OliverP said:

Kickstarting this OLD thread of mine, hope it's ok with the mods.

I've posted a new redesign on Dribbble (And here's the Dribbble link https://dribbble.com/shots/4662225-Radio-101) and wanted to share it with the boards. It's really a clean-up of the classic Radio 101's logo. The radio station has been around since 1984 and it was always known as the urban, different, freethinking and a no BS kind of station. They're the first radio station in Croatia to have dedicated shows that played hard rock, heavy metal, and alternative music so their logo has become a sort of symbol for the non-mainstream alternative youth. The old logo needed some work, it's a bit too grungy for my taste. Here's the old one:

Radio101.jpg

And here's the clean-up:

101.png

What font are you using with that?

nav-logo.png

Archived