What happened to Conrads Fonts?!

Benchsitter20

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Trevis Meseroll said:

:rolleyes:

If you could get off your high horse for a second and realize that obviously something bad happened with Conrad (presumably legal) and maybe take a few second to read what the guy said. He plainly said not to give it out and ignore the request of someone who wants it, what made you think it was a good idea to do the same thing, and then when someone tells you exactly what Conrad said, give a condescending response as if you should get it but no one else? 

spacer.png

1 hour ago, mattb6 said:

If you could get off your high horse for a second and realize that obviously something bad happened with Conrad (presumably legal) and maybe take a few second to read what the guy said. He plainly said not to give it out and ignore the request of someone who wants it, what made you think it was a good idea to do the same thing, and then when someone tells you exactly what Conrad said, give a condescending response as if you should get it but no one else? 

Some people just prefer to read the first post and skip to the end. 

18 hours ago, mattb6 said:

Welp. That's one of the most polite and respectful roasts I've seen in a good while.

On 7/28/2016 at 7:20 PM, GeorgesL said:

I was shocked to see Conrad's website seized. I'm curious to know what finally tipped off the lawyers. Having said that, this is a travesty among many aspiring artists.

Only thing I can really think of is the ability to aid counterfeiters, and some custom typefaces are IP.

Depressing. Conrad, thanks for all you have given to this community in the form of fonts. Your fonts will certainly be missed. Btw, are we still allowed to post concepts here using your fonts, or would that count as non-personal use?

@Conrad.Outstanding work, really am sorry to see that you are dealing with this. Always looked forward to seeing what you were working on next. Unfortunate how the world is nowadays. Wish you all the best in where and whatever life's path takes you

bleedsvg2014_03_03_12_53_210b.png

Edge2baWolves2d.jpg

3 hours ago, ujju2 said:

Btw, are we still allowed to post concepts here using your fonts, or would that count as non-personal use?

Yea, posting concepts here is fine (don't credit me...it's probably better that way).

Obviously, don't use those concepts to make an actual product or use the fonts to make a logo / concept that someone pays you for.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/28/2016 at 7:28 PM, lopernv said:

Only thing I can really think of is the ability to aid counterfeiters, and some custom typefaces are IP.

My gut says the former was the specific issue. The NFL and Nike are trying to crack down on the booming bootleg industry and the fonts Conrad created were likely being used by most bootleggers.

Yea I saw this a couple weeks ago and it sucks, especially since I, and many others, used these fonts for a lot for their hobby. Just want to say thanks for all the work you put into it for us. Truly appreciated!

usbnr3E.png     QrRvhzH.png     u0rDbga.png

• 2 months later...

Archived