Washington Capitals Unused Logo Modernized

MrWonka

Lately all of my topics have been just small projects I've been working on as a side project. This one no different. Just a quick modernization of a logo I saw was unused by the Capitals. I thought it had potential. I think it's obvious which one is which. 

Screen Shot 2016-07-27 at 2.23.29 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-07-27 at 2.23.16 PM.png

25 minutes ago, MrWonka said:

Lately all of my topics have been just small projects I've been working on as a side project. This one no different. Just a quick modernization of a logo I saw was unused by the Capitals. I thought it had potential. I think it's obvious which one is which. 

Screen Shot 2016-07-27 at 2.23.29 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-07-27 at 2.23.16 PM.png

This is a fantastic modernization. Great work. My only critique is that the shape of the Capitol building gets a little lost by following the star points.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

I know you're redoing the original logo, but separating the top and the bottom AND making them separate colors really throws your attention away from the original shape. Making the building all red and the star blue would make the two shapes fit together a whole lot better and make it more obvious what's going on.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Archived