2016 NCAA Football Thread

CS85

• Replies 968
  • Created
  • Last Reply
55 minutes ago, dfwabel said:

Poor Boise State.

Parting gifts are courtsey of Simonize, Lay-Z-Boy and American Tourister.

They were ranked ridiculously high. Boise State may normally be the best team in the Mountain West, but the conference still isn't exactly a juggernaut.

7 hours ago, DScruggy729 said:

Looks like Texas and Baylor think they can outdo last week's defensive embarrassment. 4 touchdowns in 5 minutes. 

Of course after I say this they only combine for a mere 69 points. 

Nice one by the Vols losing at South Carolina, they going to hand Florida the SEC East by default again? 

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

2 minutes ago, DScruggy729 said:

Of course after I say this they only combine for a mere 69 points. 

Nice one by the Vols losing at South Carolina, they going to hand Florida the SEC East by default again? 

The Vols losses to Aggie and Bama were already  bad enough for UT.

I know it's by a complete miracle and luck, but how about Kentucky being a half game behind Florida and 2nd in the SEC East? How crazy would it be to see a Kentucky-Alabama SEC Championship game? Odds are Kentucky will still lose to Georgia AND Tennessee though.

5844649c6ef90_FiestaBowl_sig.png.2c502c8100468192da258ffb92d59593.png

14 hours ago, dfwabel said:

So Tennessee is not listening to Butch Jones.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2016/10/31/tennessee-football-players-seem-to-be-revolting-after-volss-three-game-skid/

Hurd is the 12th player from their 2014 signing class (the one with 31 guys) to transfer or be dismissed from the program.

CwHjtaRWIAAkmXY_zpsps2yd8cm.jpg

You had to wonder what was going on there. The team had a lot of hype surrounding it. They have been a bitter disappointment and maybe the coach's seat should be very hot right now.

4 hours ago, jmac11281 said:

You had to wonder what was going on there. The team had a lot of hype surrounding it. They have been a bitter disappointment and maybe the coach's seat should be very hot right now.

Butch can realistically still win ten games this year, though. 

It looks like he doesn't have control of the program, plus Dave Hart is retiring as AD with no successor yet named.  Jones is likely to have at least one more year since there isn't a new AD in place to take over. 

A&M at 4, and Penn State at 12 are really the only ones that stand out to me. Can't really see the justification for putting A&M in over Washington. The Huskies may have played an easier schedule, but they've blown out everyone besides Arizona and Utah (both of those games were on the road too.) Penn State at 12 seems a little high, this is the same team that got demolished by Michigan earlier this year. I wouldn't think of putting them ahead of LSU, Oklahoma, or Utah. 

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

Archived