Minnesota Wild Logo Sketch (8/1 Diff Jersey Added)

Moom

Hey! I did this Minnesota Wild logo after dicking around while thinking of ideas for the Minnesota Timberwolves. I haven't redone it in a proper program to get clean lines+resolution+ratios, so forgive me. Its by no means a final product. The left is the logo, the right is a Legacy logo of sorts, Sunday home game kind of things.

mwlogo_@moomdesigns.png

Its sorta different than most NHL logos, and I personally think it boarders a bit too much on the graphic design side, but alas! I want to know what you think. Those keen on NHL logo history will obvs know what i'm going for here. 

I will be posting uniforms and alt logos when I finish them! 

That... that is beautiful. :') I love the current wild logo and I usually think Minnesota should just get over the North Stars already but damn... :notworthy:

I would lose lose the red sun though. If the wild ever used these, they're not keeping red.

1 hour ago, User9113 said:

That... that is beautiful. :') I love the current wild logo and I usually think Minnesota should just get over the North Stars already but damn... :notworthy:

I would lose lose the red sun though. If the wild ever used these, they're not keeping red.

I agree that these are some beautiful logos, but I think the red works. It'd need to be deeper than the one in here, but it's a nice accent to green.

Thank you for the prompt feedback! Sounds to me like I should maybe post a version with their true current colors? 

Here is a uniform sketch from a template I did. I have an interesting idea for the stripes on the rear of the jersey but it'll have to wait until I finish the template.

Minnesota_Wild_Rebrand_by_@Moomdesigns.png

10 hours ago, User9113 said:

I, also love the current logo and think people need to give up on the North Stars (the only thing I dislike is their name). This would make an excellent shoulder logo, or third jersey showcase, though. 

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

This is beautiful, and would be amazing in an alternate universe for the wild.

BUT this could work for the Wolves for basketball in this universe given all the news about their rebrand. With some variation there is really awesome potential here. 

On July 29, 2016 at 7:22 AM, jlentz823 said:

This is beautiful, and would be amazing in an alternate universe for the wild.

BUT this could work for the Wolves for basketball in this universe given all the news about their rebrand. With some variation there is really awesome potential here. 

I'll keep working at it! The only issue I've come across is using the wolf in a similar style. 

On July 29, 2016 at 6:54 AM, Zeus89725 said:

I really love the jersey. The logo looks good on it, and it would make a great alternate to their current set, or even a future home jersey.

Any chance we can get that lovely template?

Thanks! For the template, maybe in the future, because I'm developing another one, but as of right now there's no plans. 

On July 29, 2016 at 0:21 AM, StaatsBrett said:

Really  great  execution on the template  and home sweater 

Thanks dawg

4 hours ago, Moom said:

Was working on another template and had a go at a more modern styled jersey type, by my semi-fictitious company, Astro!. If you like the first one better, no harm!

Minnesota_Wild_Rebrand_Moomdesigns_astro.png

Way better  looking and nice  company  name  

http://i.imgur.com/4gh4ZhB.png http://i.imgur.com/DmN6VqA.png

http://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/103365-star-based-championship-signatures-by-request/

I'm not sure if you're still looking to clean up the logo a bit but the way the M and W come together is distracting with the uneven gap between them. Other than that, I really like the direction you took here.

g4104.png

Archived