Here are my designs for the 20 teams competing in the EPL in the 2016/2017 season. Each team has three kits, C&C is welcomed. FYI numbers are kept to colors that are allowed by EPL which seemed to be limited to: black,white,red,gold, and navy.

Hope y'all enjoy, I am looking for a lot of feedback, I will try to explain my designs to the best of my ability so its clear the direction I intended.

I will be posting in alphabetical order.

The English Premier League

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Arsenal

Home kit- all red and white kit, no other colors. red top with white sleeves/ the top features tonal red hoops on the torso of the jersey, white shorts, and white socks with red cuffs.

Away kit- classic all yellow and blue kit, the top features a blue collar and subtle pinstripes to offer a clean and traditional design

Third kit-  based off of the 1995/96 away kit this navy kit features cyan and white accents, the top features a cyan sleeve and lighting design that fades toward the middle of the chest. the kit of 1995/96 has been praised as one of the best away kits in arsenal's history

da034c36686339.579c2650c6e90.jpg

31 minutes ago, mattb6 said:

Arsenal looks great, all three of yours are better than the released ones, I especially like the third kit. Looking forward to seeing the rest! 

Thanks I would say for Arsenal this year the home kit is nice but the away and third aren't good. The 15/16 kits were overall better than the 16/17 kits

AFC Bournemouth

Home kit- a return of white shorts for Bournemouth, the top features a mainly black look with a double red stripe design and white collar, the socks are black with red cuffs, the overall look is similar to older Bournemouth kits and gives the team a very AC milan vibe

Away kit- all blue kit with white accents, the top features a wave gradient design for the seaside Bournemouth

Third kit- dubbed the cherry kit after the teams nickname "the cherries" this two tone cherry red kit features a dot gradient that fades as it goes down the jersey

91422d36686339.579c2650c758d.jpg

Arsenal looks very good. Bournemouth Home and Away solid too, not sure having a red third kit would work well (although like the idea). Would work vs WBA but might run into problems vs Palace. Look forward to seeing future work

7 hours ago, OSB said:

Arsenal looks very good. Bournemouth Home and Away solid too, not sure having a red third kit would work well (although like the idea). Would work vs WBA but might run into problems vs Palace. Look forward to seeing future work

thanks, for the comments, actually if hypothetically they played at palace with the choice of kits, Bournemouth could wear either the home or away kit I made for them, probably would pick the blue away, and they wouldn't clash with palace, you'll soon see why.

Burnley

Home kit- claret and blue top with white shorts and white socks with claret cuffs, the top features a quarter panel claret on claret design based off of early burnley kits that featured a similar design

Away kit- yellow and claret look, the top features a claret hoop

Third kit- all navy kit with white accents, the top features stripes in a lighter shade of blue

e01f3236686339.579c2650c7a7e.jpg

A couple o' thoughts...

Arsenal

A really nice job on these. The only thing I'd perhaps alter would be to add a little bit of colour on the sleeves - red cuffs on the home and blue piping on the away. Nothing too heavy, but I think it'd tie the various part of the kits together.

AFC Bournemouth

Like @OSB my first thought was that they'd have trouble away at Palace. But if you've thought ahead about that as you say, we're all fine (and I hope by what you say you're teasing one of their lovely sash shirts ;)).

Burnley

Nice traditional look for them, but with a bit of a twist with the quarters. No complaints here.

6 minutes ago, Jaffa said:

A couple o' thoughts...

Arsenal

A really nice job on these. The only thing I'd perhaps alter would be to add a little bit of colour on the sleeves - red cuffs on the home and blue piping on the away. Nothing too heavy, but I think it'd tie the various part of the kits together.

AFC Bournemouth

Like @OSB my first thought was that they'd have trouble away at Palace. But if you've thought ahead about that as you say, we're all fine (and I hope by what you say you're teasing one of their lovely sash shirts ;)).

Burnley

Nice traditional look for them, but with a bit of a twist with the quarters. No complaints here.

thanks for all the feedback, I really appreciate it

for Arsenal, I was really trying to go with clean looks that are very traditional.

Bournemouth, yes don't worry there won't be a problem with Palace.

@OSB and @Jaffa, I believe I'm correct in saying that y'all think Palace and Bournemouth would clash at a game at Crystal Palace, because Palace would be wearing a mainly blue kit? to be fair if they did wear a kit that was mainly blue with red stripes then Bournemouth could wear an all red kit or a home kit that had white shorts,. The way I have it if they played at Palace, then Palace would wear their home kit and Bournemouth would be wearing the away kit I designed for them. Can y'all guess at what the Palace kits might be?

Chelsea

Home kit- traditional look blue top/blue shorts/white socks. the top features a dark blue collar and dark blue stripes that fade as it goes up, the shorts feature dark blue cuffs and the socks also have a regular blue cuff, the Adidas stripes are in a dark blue similar to last year's Bayern home kit

Away kit- based off of the 2003/2004 away kit the all white kit features blue and black accents, and has a black white and blue racing stripe down the center of the chest

Third kit- ok, so honestly no joke, I made this design way before the current Chelsea away kit was even leaked let alone released, I honestly don't know how I got that close to it, but I did, so all black third with highlighter yellow accents, and a tri tone chest panel

37976f36686339.579c35ec598a9.jpg

9 hours ago, Aggie12 said:

@OSB and @Jaffa, I believe I'm correct in saying that y'all think Palace and Bournemouth would clash at a game at Crystal Palace, because Palace would be wearing a mainly blue kit? to be fair if they did wear a kit that was mainly blue with red stripes then Bournemouth could wear an all red kit or a home kit that had white shorts,. The way I have it if they played at Palace, then Palace would wear their home kit and Bournemouth would be wearing the away kit I designed for them. Can y'all guess at what the Palace kits might be?

Either you've gone for a majority red Crystal Palace kit with smaller blue stripes, or you've gone retro and done an all white kit with red/blue sash

Crystal Palace

Home kit- an all red kit, if you look at Palace's kit history all red is actually more common than a mainly blue kit, this kit is based off the 1990 home kit which saw Palace make the FA Cup final and was worn by their current manager Alan Pardew when he played for the club. the top features three blue stripes, all accents are white and the socks feature blue cuffs

Away kit- classic all white kit with the red and blue sash, the accents are both red and blue and are split half and half.

Third kit- an all black kit with white accents, the top features a double racing stripe design similar to the stripes palace wore in their early history

c6ef3a36686339.579c3d6fdc34f.jpg

On the whole, I like the Palace kit. Though I do fear you haven’t done enough to differentiate them from Bournemouth, and that’s in two ways: One, that there’s not a kit Bournemouth could wear at Palace, but secondly in that both home kit designs are pretty similar, with solid-colored raglan sleeves and five stripes down the front of the shirt.

Clearly, I know you’ve got more striped teams to come (because lol, Premier League with Stoke and Southampton and Sunderland, oh my!), but that’s something I’d be conscious of.

Palace does have a pretty odd kit history though, so from a conceptual place, it might’ve been neat to see different takes on how to handle the home kit.

Admittedly, I think you have too much going on in that Burnley home kit. The quarters paired with the raglan sleeves just don’t look right to me; I’d go for one or the other.

6fQjS3M.png

Archived