NFL 2016: The Regular Season Thread

buzzcut

56 minutes ago, slapshot said:

@HedleyLamarr and @infrared41

Please stop the infighting and bickering. Or take it offline.

Just ignore each other, and try to be more direct with the quotes so there's less confusion about to whom you each my be responding.

Done. Sorry about sidetracking the thread. It won't happen again.

BB52Big.jpg

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice little Ravens win to open the season.  Kept Tyrod in check.  One major takeaway from the game though: Suggs is going to be a non-factor this year.  He's lost several steps.

spacer.png

Well, Miami still can't finish games (even if it was against Seattle in Seattle this time). I was actually impressed with how the defense played for the most part, but I think the performance was mostly based on how the Seahawks were playing.

This wasn't a game that I expected to be this close this late. If the Patriots can somehow squeak out a win tonight, that would be glorious.

EDIT: Not holding my breath. Classic Patriots defense at the end of the game; let the other team get 15+ yard passes four times in a row.

EDIT 2: HOLY :censored:. They did it.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Maybe the Cards are overrated if they couldn't beat Garoppolo. They surrendered way too many 3rd and longs to him. It's early though, obviously the Hawks were lucky to beat an even more inferior team.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

5 minutes ago, ninersdd said:

Maybe the Cards are overrated if they couldn't beat Garoppolo. They surrendered way too many 3rd and longs to him. It's early though, obviously the Hawks were lucky to beat an even more inferior team.

Or the Patriots are good with anybody at QB.  Maybe less good when they're without a particular one, but as long as they have Belichick they're going to be a good football team.

I say just don't put that much stock into week one.

IUe6Hvh.png

3 minutes ago, ninersdd said:

I wonder if coach Arians has some sort of invisible ceiling.  Seattle has to love the tape the Cards put on display.  Besides, it's not like they didn't just nearly win the game.  

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

13 minutes ago, See Red said:

I say just don't put that much stock into week one.

I'm well aware of that, see the Niners punching the Vikes in the mouth on Monday Night last year in week 1(or even the year before the Niners beat up Dallas, which happened as it should've, and still the Niners turned out mediocre and the Boys won their division).

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Just now, ninersdd said:

I'm well aware of that, see the Niners punching the Vikes in the mouth on Monday Night last year in week 1(or even the year before the Niners beat up Dallas, which happened as it should've, and still the Niners turned out mediocre and the Boys won their division).

You're not the only one... I was all about Carlos Hyde and the monster year he was about to have after that game. :lol:

IUe6Hvh.png

The AFC Least has taken that title away from the NFC East.

At least in that division, it's a free-for-all (Since Philly won four straight division titles from 2001-2004, no team has repeated).

For the Bills/Jets/Dolphins, it's essentially 'Wait until Belichick is not Patriots coach.'

18 hours ago, Kramerica Industries said:

It was also utterly hysterical. You guys know why "Jagsguy.gif" exists? Because Del Rio was busy calling run play after run play, in the red zone, down 20, with 7 minutes left in the 4th quarter. The point being, Del Rio is famously conservative with his play calling preferences. So that Del Rio was going for two and the win today? I mean, I applaud the Georgie-esque ignoring of his own instincts on that one. That's not the Jack Del Rio I know at all.

Al called the play from beyond the grave.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

11 hours ago, SabresRule7361 said:

The AFC Least has taken that title away from the NFC East.

At least in that division, it's a free-for-all (Since Philly won four straight division titles from 2001-2004, no team has repeated).

For the Bills/Jets/Dolphins, it's essentially 'Wait until Belichick is not Patriots coach.'

"Wait until Brady's not QB anymore!"

*after Jimmy G's performance against the Cardinals*

"Wait until Belichick's not their coach anymore!"

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

Archived