NFL 2016: The Regular Season Thread

buzzcut

I hope the tweet is accurate though.  Looks like some good coaches (legit coaches - not coordinators) will be available this offseason.  Pederson is a total stooge and a yesman.  The FO did him no favors by undermining him and overruling him publicly, but he also didn't help himself with his lousy play calling, baffling (and factually incorrect) explanations, and general toolishness.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like Connor Cook may get his first career start next week in a wild card game.

McGloin leaves with shoulder injury.

Cook vs. Osweiler as the Saturday early game???

tumblr_nesxmkxM4v1ttma2yo1_250_zps2t3hxt

EDIT: Cook starts off 7/8 and 1 TD. No wonder why Jerry Jones wanted him. :)

Beating Dallas is oh so sweet. Now if only Washington could miss the playoffs then this day would be the best way to kick off the new year.

Fly Eagles Fly, on the road to victory...

Philadelphia Eagles: NFL Champions in 1948, 1949, 1960, Super Bowl Champions in 2017-18. Philadelphia Phillies: World Series Champions in 1980 and 2008. Philadelphia 76ers: NBA Champions in 1966-67 and 1982-83. Philadelphia Flyers: Stanley Cup Champions in 1973-74, 1974-75

Well, it looks like that win last week against Buffalo will be our last win of the season. I'll cut the Dolphins some slack, they have injuries... and a backup QB playing. But that isn't going to register as a chance against the Steelers in Pittsburgh. It was a surprisingly nice season, going 10-6 was a massive reach for Miami. For the first time (possibly ever), I'm content with my team's football season.

4 hours ago, Dolphins Dynasty said:

Well, it looks like that win last week against Buffalo will be our last win of the season. I'll cut the Dolphins some slack, they have injuries... and a backup QB playing. But that isn't going to register as a chance against the Steelers in Pittsburgh. It was a surprisingly nice season, going 10-6 was a massive reach for Miami. For the first time (possibly ever), I'm content with my team's football season.

Pittsburgh has lost in the playoffs to Tebow and almost did it last year against McCarron.

The only thing I came close to getting right in my 2016 prognostication. *shrug*

On ‎8‎/‎30‎/‎2016 at 0:39 AM, Cujo said:

2017 NFL DRAFT ORDER

1. San Francisco 49ers

2. Chicago Bears

3. Cleveland Browns

6uXNWAo.png

I don't think I would even write a favorable reference letter for any Rams positional coach to do the same job at the high school level.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

On 12/27/2016 at 1:45 AM, Rockstar Matt said:

Dak's special. No doubt about it. I know he came into arguably the best situation a rookie QB could ever hope for but the quality of his play and substantial improvement he's shown over last year's QB's (Weeden, Cassell and Moore) is proof of his talent. The Cowboys got so unbelievably lucky with Dak.

I figure one thing, there are only two choices for Offensive Rookie of the Year.  If it aint Dak, it better be Elliott.  And I say this as a man who's long loathed the Cowboys.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Archived