New Team Canada Jerseys

steve61

I was about to post these. Three things, the Maple Leafs style stripes are ugly, the black outlines on the white jerseys stripes are both ugly and unnecessary and the presentation showed the red jerseys paired with the white striped socks from the previous set, I certainly hope it's an error.

new-team-canada-jersey.jpg

Overall they're okay but I think the stripes on the reds should have been white. There's not enough white on that uniform to make it balanced. The breezerz are going to be black, the shoulders are black, the helmets are black, the stripes should be white.

Hell, the only way they could make that uniform look balanced for the graphic is by having it be a goalie with mostly white gear.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

Yeah I don't think I like these. The red jerseys lack white, the white jerseys have a weird colour imbalance with the black shoulders and red stripes, the black outline on those red stripes is weird, and they have the same dumb striping as the Maple Leafs. What was wrong with the 2010 Olympic jerseys? They could've kept those forever, instead of this modern/retro simplistic yet overly complicated thing they got going on here.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

I'm very disappointed in this set. I've been hoping for a long time that Canada would ditch the bfbs and just go with red and white, but in this case they went the other way. I don't mind the template or the sublimated maple leaves, but all of the black ruins it for me.

2 hours ago, jp1409 said:

I was about to post these. Three things, the Maple Leafs style stripes are ugly, the black outlines on the white jerseys stripes are both ugly and unnecessary and the presentation showed the red jerseys paired with the white striped socks from the previous set, I certainly hope it's an error.

new-team-canada-jersey.jpg

It's an error. The mannequin was wearing red socks with black stripes:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Co20aGQXgAAweW-.jpg

2 hours ago, FGM13 said:

Yeah I don't think I like these. The red jerseys lack white, the white jerseys have a weird colour imbalance with the black shoulders and red stripes, the black outline on those red stripes is weird, and they have the same dumb striping as the Maple Leafs. What was wrong with the 2010 Olympic jerseys? They could've kept those forever, instead of this modern/retro simplistic yet overly complicated thing they got going on here.

The 2002 uniforms were absolutely perfect...

2002_olympic_jerseys.png

2002altBlack.jpg

Awful, there should not be black in a Canada jersey, only red and white.

Who the hell came up with the idea of adding a 3rd color ?

I don't think there are any other nation, that have a color in their uniform that is not found in their flag ?

10 hours ago, TheLAKnight said:

Slovenian Jerseys.jpg

But I understand your point. A red and white set would look great for Canada! No black necessary.

Hmm, wonder why they use that green color, can't really find info on google LOL

And of course Italy in blue when it should be red green white, can´t find out why

Anyone know about these 2 teams/nations ?

1 hour ago, bkknight95 said:

teamcanadajersey.jpg.aspx

They could've slapped the skating leaf logo on these and called it a day. As much hate as these got, I think these are miles ahead of what they just released. 

See, I really didn't like these because the black shoulders seemed so random. They're not connected to anything else on the jersey, just the equipment. It's just slapped on. These new ones try to fix that by integrating black (or charcoal gray? It all looks a bit light) into the jerseys, and the reds do it well (better than the red/white jerseys? Meh) and the whites do it, but still look goofy. I think they're one of the better recent sets, and certainly is no reason to be really upset...unless the jersey color is charcoal gray and the logo is still black, then that's pretty stupid.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

2 hours ago, Thomas said:

Hmm, wonder why they use that green color, can't really find info on google LOL

And of course Italy in blue when it should be red green white, can´t find out why

Anyone know about these 2 teams/nations ?

Italy has been wearing blue since before it was a republic. Blue was the color of the a royal house at the time and they have just kept the tradition going.

49 minutes ago, cajunaggie08 said:

Italy has been wearing blue since before it was a republic. Blue was the color of the a royal house at the time and they have just kept the tradition going.

Yup... Here's Italy's flag from the Kingdom of Italy, the flag which was officially adopted in 1861, and lasted until 1946.

1024px-Flag_of_Italy_%281861-1946%29.svg

The seal in the middle is one of the royal family's seals...

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

Archived