Sign in to follow this  
the admiral

aisle seat on a plane, second-to-last row, and everyone's peeing

lopernv    304

I once sat beside someone who polished off the better half of a 26 oz bottle of whiskey from duty free on a three hour flight from Denver to Toronto.

Drinking on the flight isn't much my thing, but that was funny to watch.

tp49    317

When on the 14+ hour flight of death and the liquor is free I feel it is my duty to partake in proper libation hydration techniques.  I usually get a laugh out of the flight attendants when I request a whiskey to go along with my breakfast.

Mockba    1,205

I generally only drink on flights if it's complimentary and if they have a decent beer option.

AstroBull21    568

Resurrecting an older thread, but on topic....

I just booked a flight on Frontier from Tampa to Cleveland for a buddy's bachelor party brewery and baseball crawl.  I fully understand they are the nickel and dime airline and already snagged one of the exit row seats for legroom and an aisle seat (im a broad shouldered man).

Can anyone give me some background on the current ultra cost effective Frontier and what else to expect?  I could care less about snacks and drinks as I can come prepared.  It just seems like most reviews online are just people bitching about being nickeled and dimed.

sc49erfan15    899

I've flown Frontier quite a few times and don't recall any issues. Pack light-ish, don't check bags, print your boarding pass at home, check in online, don't expect anything for free. You get what you pay for, and if you need anything special (beyond paying extra for exit row), it's probably not for you.

I'm typing this as I'm on CTA having just flown Atlanta-Chicago via Spirit. All I wanted was transportation from Point A to Point B. Took a backpack on as my "personal item," no problems.

dfwabel    1,056
8 hours ago, AstroBull21 said:

I just booked a flight on Frontier from Tampa to Cleveland for a buddy's bachelor party brewery and baseball crawl.  I fully understand they are the nickel and dime airline and already snagged one of the exit row seats for legroom and an aisle seat (im a broad shouldered man).

Can anyone give me some background on the current ultra cost effective Frontier and what else to expect?  I could care less about snacks and drinks as I can come prepared.  It just seems like most reviews online are just people bitching about being nickeled and dimed.

Regular seats don't recline, Stretch seats do and have full tray table. Stretch seats are the same width though.

Your biggest problem is going to be what happens if your flight is delayed as Frontier often has just one flight a day to a destination. They, like Southwest, does not interline with any other airline, so you could be screwed.

Also, if you happen to have a connecting flight to your destination, in 2016 they ran 23 minutes late on average. Legroom is less than average to average and if you can stuff your carry on into the size-wize, you'll be fine.

HedleyLamarr    1,388
9 hours ago, AstroBull21 said:

The adage "You get what you pay for" fits Frontier perfectly.

The plane got there, which is usually a good thing.  The seats are small, aren't very comfortable, and they don't recline. Their seats reminded me of those old hard-plastic chairs back in high school.  Should you want a snack or drink, they only accept cards.  Now I'm not sure if it's Frontier employees or airport folks, but my two flights with Frontier experienced them taking their sweet time with the checked baggage.  I found I had slightly more room with the window seat than the aisle.

I also found out that since everyone used Frontier because of their cheapness, carry-on space becomes a bit of a premium.  If you're not at the front of the line when your group gets called, your carry-on likely gets placed a few rows away from your row.

infrared41    3,724

I flew Frontier from Orlando to Cleveland and back last year. It wasn't too bad at all. I wouldn't want to fly from coast to coast in Frontier seats, but for a 2 hour or less flight, they're tolerable. My flights were on time. Like Hedley said, you get what you pay for. When it comes to Frontier, the more you pay, the better it gets. 

AstroBull21    568
1 minute ago, infrared41 said:

I flew Frontier from Orlando to Cleveland and back last year. It wasn't too bad at all. I wouldn't want to fly from coast to coast in Frontier seats, but for a 2 hour or less flight, they're tolerable. My flights were on time. Like Hedley said, you get what you pay for. When it comes to Frontier, the more you pay, the better it gets. 

I just need a ride on a plane...so I think I am good.