2016 Olympics

AnPheitseog

13 hours ago, LMU said:

I'm willing to bet that the tape delay was to squeeze in as many commercial breaks as possible.  The number of them is absurd.

That's exactly why. NBC didn't drop all that money on rights fees out of the goodness of it's heart. 

BB52Big.jpg

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, RyanMcD29 said:

I utilized this way too much last night on Twitter

#DoNotBringBackFaithHill

Alright Sunday Night where are weee?  Oh yeah, it's Brazil, on tape delaayyyy!  Trucks & dogs & farms & children... where are we?  Alright family night yeahyalgtej;a tlkhjmvlo,tjvc4xgkmlve

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

Admittedly, one thing I hate about the Olympics, every time one of them rolls around, is the return of the utterly sexist P&G "Proud sponsor of Moms" commercials. What a horrific ad campaign that would never see the light of day or be tolerated if it was the other way around. And they do this every time! It's deplorable.

spacer.png

11 minutes ago, smzimbabwe said:

I used to watch the Olympics on Canadian TV, when I was close enough to. They may emphasize Canadian athletes, but at least they acknowledge and celebrate other athletes and events.

That's because us Americans collect so many medals that there isn't enough time to celebrate other nations' achievements! :D

The Canadian girl that just won the silver medal in some swimming event is younger than me. This a very strange thing for me.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

58, 23, 3000 08/07/16

Furyk, Phelps, Ichiro... that's something.

Women's cycling road race was pretty f'n epic also.  Canada def USA volleyball, def France women's rugby 7's... & more swimming fun.  I like sports.

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

1 hour ago, waltere said:

So, um, Katie Ledecky is kinda good

Incidentally in the race before Ledecky did this a British man called Adam Peaty won the 100 metre breaststroke by a margin bigger than it had been won by at the last seven Olympics combined

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

sorry sweetie, but I don't suck minor-league d

CCSLC Post of the day September 3rd 2012

1 hour ago, ninersdd said:

Brazil has put up 2 donuts against Iraq and South Africa.

I said it already: Who the :censored: are these impostors and what are they doing in Brazil? It's sad... they're clearly the best team in this group by miles and yet they can't hit the broad side of a barn in two games against over matched opposition. They're in danger of choking their way out of the tournament unless they beat Denmark on Wednesday.

21 hours ago, waltere said:

Incidentally in the race before Ledecky did this a British man called Adam Peaty won the 100 metre breaststroke by a margin bigger than it had been won by at the last seven Olympics combined

Peaty’s win was incredible, more so than Ledecky’s, which was also incredible. Olympics are great.

Related: POOL. DON’T. LIE.

6fQjS3M.png

Archived