Madden Project: Custom Team Logo Makeovers (UPDATE: Lions 12/29/17)

ZionEagle

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm back again folks! And I dare say, I'm fairly proud of this next team revamp I'm going to show you.

Say hello to the Northmen!

uq3Zg5c.png

I figured the name sounded more interesting than the Yetis.

Just a little update, once I finish this project (hopefully :P ) I'm planning to release a completed formatted package for download of all the logos that will automatically replace the old ones if you have any of the Madden 04-08 games (for PC). This package will include premade endzones, helmets, slivers, main logo, and midfield files. All you have to do is put the files in the correct locations, and the old logo sets will be replaced with the new ones. Let me know if you're interested in having it when I'm done!

iHxPa5Y.pngqXp6spn.png

"Winners never quit, and quitters never win." ~Vince Lombardi

3 minutes ago, STL_ArchMadness said:

All i can say is wow this is absolutely beautiful

Thank you so much! I appreciate that :D

iHxPa5Y.pngqXp6spn.png

13 hours ago, WavePunter said:

That Yeti is phenomenal

1 hour ago, Zeus89725 said:

These are all outstanding. I've never realized how bad EA's custom logos are until right now. They've never been good, but I've never realized how bad they are.

Thank you both for taking a look! @Zeus89725 It's amazing how my perspective has changed on these designs. When I got the game as a kid, I thought the custom logos were the coolest things ever. Now I can't believe I ever liked such abominations :lol:

iHxPa5Y.pngqXp6spn.png

Next team! I think a good name for these fellows would be the Red Barons or Aviators, who knows :P

u3xABoI.png

I was seriously debating whether or not to shade this, but in the end, simple looked better. I think it's better than most of the human logos I've posted, but I'm not yet to the level of the yetis with my human logos. What team do you all want to see next?

iHxPa5Y.pngqXp6spn.png

8 minutes ago, NoE38 said:

The Aviators look good! Just an idea I though of, in the original logo, it looks like the cape is spelling out something, It would be cool if you could make an A shape in the cape.

I never really saw that, but I can certainly try!

iHxPa5Y.pngqXp6spn.png

Northmen look PHENOMENAL. I love the idea of using only different shades of a single color on a logo and you pulled it off perfectly here. 

The Aviators/Barons logo is giving off a subtle Bucco Bruce vibe, which is definitely a good thing, and i think not shading was the way to go. The portion of the scarf flying off doesn't look quite right though, tweak that and its perfect.

Great work as usual!

Lz5f6vZ.png

But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8/      Check Out My: Little Big League MLB ProjectDribbble

12 hours ago, Bruins said:

Northmen look PHENOMENAL. I love the idea of using only different shades of a single color on a logo and you pulled it off perfectly here. 

The Aviators/Barons logo is giving off a subtle Bucco Bruce vibe, which is definitely a good thing, and i think not shading was the way to go. The portion of the scarf flying off doesn't look quite right though, tweak that and its perfect.

Great work as usual!

Thanks man, I appreciate the feedback! I definitely agree about the scarf, I'll try to rework that soon ;)

iHxPa5Y.pngqXp6spn.png

ucoKyTD.png

Alright guys, I need your advice. I tried to incorporate an "A" into the scarf as suggested, but I'm not really happy with how it's looking.

Anyone think this could work with some tweaking? If not I might just scrap the letter idea and make a better scarf.

iHxPa5Y.pngqXp6spn.png

All these look amazing and definite upgrades. I think the Northmen have been the best yet. I actually like the scarf in the 2nd version of the Aviators but if you come up with something else it'll be good too.

1 hour ago, natolian10 said:

All these look amazing and definite upgrades. I think the Northmen have been the best yet. I actually like the scarf in the 2nd version of the Aviators but if you come up with something else it'll be good too.

Thank you! I agree, that one was a pain to do but worth it ;)

Oh, that's interesting. I think I'm going to scrap the idea though, it was rather tricky to execute and unless I receive feedback on how to actually fix it I'm going to try something else.

Is this a little better?

Jc4wMNK.png

Also, I have one new team that was a rather simple fix. 

km9M1Wb.png

iHxPa5Y.pngqXp6spn.png

1 hour ago, ZionEagle said:

Thank you! I agree, that one was a pain to do but worth it ;)

Oh, that's interesting. I think I'm going to scrap the idea though, it was rather tricky to execute and unless I receive feedback on how to actually fix it I'm going to try something else.

Is this a little better?

Jc4wMNK.png

Also, I have one new team that was a rather simple fix. 

km9M1Wb.png

Looks like ideal updates for the Iowa Barnstormers and Scottish Claymores. Nice job with these logos either way.

• 7 months later...

Boy, has it been a while since I last updated this. I'm proud to present the next team in this series, the Lions! (Or whatever you would choose to call them, considering there's already 1 Lions team in Madden :P )

mefGApW.png

I might have gone a little overboard with the shading, but overall, I'm really happy with how this one turned out. I've really been taking mental notes and looking at how some really great sports designers make their logos, and I've been trying to constantly improve my work. I feel like I'm getting a little better with each logo I put out :D 

I utilized every single color from the old lion's palette, while adding a darker blue outline to balance things out.

Your critique/feedback/whatever is welcome!

iHxPa5Y.pngqXp6spn.png

Archived