Madden Project: Custom Team Logo Makeovers (UPDATE: Lions 12/29/17)

ZionEagle

If you didn't know already, the first thing that got me into logo design was the game Madden 07 for PC. I remember when I had the 04 version, I would love using the built in logos and making up teams. In fact, I got so obsessed with my custom teams I ended up not ever playing with the official NFL teams :P 

When I purchased 07 due to the fact that I lost the 04 cds, I continued with making custom teams. This time however, I realized how terrible the built in logos were, I would only use the ones I had made and put ingame. Now, one year later, I've endeavored to give 37 of those built in logos makeovers. Technically, I am not revamping all of the custom logos;  I'm skipping over a few.

I have chosen 37 teams to revamp as follows (technically, the teams are not named, but I gave them the most sensible names based on the logo.)

Barons, Bandits, Bulldogs, Eagles, Bears, Beasts, Bison, Bulls, Spartans, Crocs, Elk, Engineers, Dolphins, Generals, Jackets, Guardians, Kings, Knights, Warriors, Lions, Miners, Pioneers, Pirates, 

Sea Dogs, Warhawks, Predators, Pirahnas, Toppers, Rhinos, Rogues, Tankers, Express, Vipers, Warthogs, and Sirens.

I will not be doing these necessarily in the order they were named.

First off, we have the Bandits, Engineers, Warriors, and Predators.

g7frvIH.png

The original are on the top, new on the bottom.

Critique and questions are welcomed, but I won't make any changes to logos until the end of the series.

Feel free to provide feedback!

iHxPa5Y.pngqXp6spn.png

"Winners never quit, and quitters never win." ~Vince Lombardi

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The wrench guy gives off a Hershey bear vibe to me and that's a good thing. I like your panther and the rest looks pretty good too. Cool concept

Lz5f6vZ.png

But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8/      Check Out My: Little Big League MLB ProjectDribbble

10 hours ago, ZionEagle said:

If you didn't know already, the first thing that got me into logo design was the game Madden 07 for PC. I remember when I had the 04 version, I would love using the built in logos and making up teams. In fact, I got so obsessed with my custom teams I ended up not ever playing with the official NFL teams :P 

When I purchased 07 due to the fact that I lost the 04 cds, I continued with making custom teams. This time however, I realized how terrible the built in logos were, I would only use the ones I had made and put ingame. Now, one year later, I've endeavored to give 37 of those built in logos makeovers. Technically, I am not revamping all of the custom logos;  I'm skipping over a few.

I have chosen 37 teams to revamp as follows (technically, the teams are not named, but I gave them the most sensible names based on the logo.)

Barons, Bandits, Bulldogs, Eagles, Bears, Beasts, Bison, Bulls, Spartans, Crocs, Elk, Engineers, Dolphins, Generals, Jackets, Guardians, Kings, Knights, Warriors, Lions, Miners, Pioneers, Pirates, 

Sea Dogs, Warhawks, Predators, Pirahnas, Toppers, Rhinos, Rogues, Tankers, Express, Vipers, Warthogs, and Sirens.

I will not be doing these necessarily in the order they were named.

First off, we have the Bandits, Engineers, Warriors, and Predators.

g7frvIH.png

The original are on the top, new on the bottom.

Critique and questions are welcomed, but I won't make any changes to logos until the end of the series.

Feel free to provide feedback!

Very good start so far.

I am looking forward to seeing more of these.

Madden 11 is basically the reason I started creating my own football league. I used that native head as a logo for a team called the Little Rock Warriors with a blue & yellow scheme. 

I love these updates. For the panther, I'd only use either the dark purple or the black and not use an outline. It looks a little muddied with both dark purple shading & a black outline. 

Nice job though!

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

7 hours ago, Weapon X said:

As someone who made 32 created team leagues all the time on madden 2004 I am so excited about your project.

I did as well--on a PC--I didn't really like the in game ones & made my own--often by copying existing logos (If I made a team in Madden for that team,such as the CFL teams, and for Pop culture teams, Soccer teams, etc or if I saw a logo I thought would look good in the game.  I wasn't selling them, posting the work online as my own, etc.

I also altered some existing logs, and I created some of my own--and I had a couple that were created for me by members here)

But it's always interesting to see what other people have done.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Wow! Thank you all for the wonderful feedback. It's really cool to see all of the fellow Madden fans on here. Glad to know you all are interested in continuing the project.

For the panther, I'd only use either the dark purple or the black and not use an outline. It looks a little muddied with both dark purple shading & a black outline. 

Actually, the outline is a dark purple. I didn't use black at all in the new version. I agree it does look muddied, but unfortunately it looked a bit empty without the outline. I tried a white outline though, and I think it looks better. Here's the updated group, see what you think.

DgCzjbX.png

Now here is the newest group of logos, the Vipers, Spartans, Trotters, and Sea Dogs

c2HGu5Y.png

I kept the majority of the old colors and possibly added one or two new colors to the logos (the Vipers has a grey blue added, and the Trotters blue is slightly different from the original.)

Your criticism and thoughts are always appreciated :D 

iHxPa5Y.pngqXp6spn.png

I used to love (most of) these logos and the memory of creating my own 32 team league with unique identities....haven't bought Madden since the switch to PS3/XBOX1 because they removed these and only had like 8 logos. 2K used to have some good ones too....Backbreaker is king for DIY logos but I suck at those. You did a great job cleaning up/updating these so far.

On 8/12/2016 at 9:29 PM, qckgnc said:

I used to love (most of) these logos and the memory of creating my own 32 team league with unique identities....haven't bought Madden since the switch to PS3/XBOX1 because they removed these and only had like 8 logos. 2K used to have some good ones too....Backbreaker is king for DIY logos but I suck at those. You did a great job cleaning up/updating these so far.

It seems to be mutual opinion around here. Thank you for the feedback!

Since this last batch didn't seem to get noticed as much, I'll go ahead and post the next set.

Say hello to the new Tankers, Sirens, Express, and Bears!

wLzpTuC.png

You'll see I changed the color of the train to match the color of the helmet, (same with the paw.) however I kept the grey and beige colors.

Let me know what your thoughts are! And as usual I'm open to pointers (even if I don't change anything right away :P )

Also, I'm planning to make a pack with these logos and the necessary files customized to Madden 04-08 standards (endzone, helmet, midfield, mainlogo, sliver) once I'm done and making it available for download per request. Just shoot me a PM if you want the pack, and when I finalize everything I'll send you all a mediafire link :)

iHxPa5Y.pngqXp6spn.png

On 8/8/2016 at 0:02 AM, Stampman said:

I did as well--on a PC--I didn't really like the in game ones & made my own--often by copying existing logos (If I made a team in Madden for that team,such as the CFL teams, and for Pop culture teams, Soccer teams, etc or if I saw a logo I thought would look good in the game.  I wasn't selling them, posting the work online as my own, etc.

I also altered some existing logs, and I created some of my own--and I had a couple that were created for me by members here)

But it's always interesting to see what other people have done.

Lol I'm trying to put custom teams in madden nfl 08 pc but don't know how to do it.

Lol I'm trying to put custom teams in madden nfl 08 pc but don't know how to do it.

@Weapon XGo to your EA sports folder in the Program 86 folder, navigate into the Madden 08 folder. You should see a folder at the top that says 'CUSTOMART' 

There you'll find five folders, ENDZONE, HELMET, MIDFIELD, MAINLOGO, and SLIVER. To get your logo ingame, you have to put it on the designated dimensions for each folder and make the background pink (FF00FF). You also have to save the file as an 8-bit .bmp. I use paint.net to do it. For the endzone, the dimensions are 1024x256. For the helmet, the dimensions are 512x256, but I take the old helmets and just edit them to get what I want, because it's hard to replicate certain parts of the helmet skin. For the midfield logo, the dimensions are 256x256, the mainlogo file is supposed to be 128x128. I hardly ever use the sliver, so I'm not sure about its dimensions, but if you go to the sliver folder and check the properties and details of an existing file you could find that out. Sorry if this is too complicated to understand, maybe I'll write up a tutorial sometime for you.

fantastic work. I don't play madden but this makes me want to.

@worcatThanks! You should try it sometime, it's an awesome game.

Any more thoughts before I move on to the next set?

iHxPa5Y.pngqXp6spn.png

3 hours ago, worcat said:

sea dogs sword seems to have too much yellow. I know you are trying to minimize colors but what if the grip was white? just to switch it up a little?

Yeah I guess it was just simplification, but since I have white on the face I suppose it would make sense to make the blade or grip white. Thanks for the idea.

iHxPa5Y.pngqXp6spn.png

Archived