NHL 2017 Redsign (Added All Star Game)

colinturner95

With Florida, the jerseys work really well, but the logos really don't. I think you should go with the new shield full-time.

As for Montreal, use the regular blue. The Winter Classic one is just a bit too bright. It vibrates a bit, and while it worked in small doses in the Winter Classic, it really doesn't with the reds.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got a Florida update and ready to unveil Montreal: 

z2RT8NL.pngalSeDFD.png1IvJeua.png

Pretty simple update, I replaced the old panther head with the new shields on the home and away, and on the alternate, I used the new leaping panther. Shoulder logos also flipped jerseys, Florida flag patches are now on the home and away shoulders and the navy alternate has the shields, Florida on one and Panthers on the other. I also got sick of the yellow alternate so it joined the garbage. 

Now for Montreal: 

0brnFzN.pngTJVLfvV.png

If you were expecting a huge change, sorry to disappoint. 

-home doesn't change. 

-away mimics the Winter Classic jersey, no globe on the sleeve, used the normal font and shade of blue. 

No team is escaping an alternate jersey: 

DFc63or.png

Not a radical departure, but still enough to be different. Basically, I took the '36-'38 uniforms and smashed them together on a blue jersey

C&C welcome as always!

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Montreal updates: 

SYFCVFr.png4K8uALC.png

Shrank the chest and arm stripes

tu9L5yP.png

On the alternate, I got rid of the chest and arm stripes. It feels empty to me, but then again it bears a resemblance to their real life away jerseys. 

Let me know what you guys think!

AmPJ0Ty.png 

The home jersey is practically untouchable, and I like that. Although I love yokes on jerseys, I think the away works perfectly fine without them. The alt seems far too modern for the team, I'd suggest a modernization of their 1911/12 barber pole jerseys

That's what- She

19 hours ago, mamiller99 said:

The home jersey is practically untouchable, and I like that. Although I love yokes on jerseys, I think the away works perfectly fine without them. The alt seems far too modern for the team, I'd suggest a modernization of their 1911/12 barber pole jerseys

I'm not sure how using the design from the late '30s is considered too modern: 

Canadiens11.png

But I did take your advice and reworked a previous alternate I did for them:

mxoajIP.png

The last iteration of this uniform was done in heritage white or whatever that cream color is called. The white here looks so much cleaner. 

-stripes emulate the old barberpole striping without burning your retinas

-single color numbers on the sleeves, blue box on the back because even with multiple outlines, the back number is hard to read. 

-socks emulate the other stripes

-used the new collar from the Winter Classic uniforms. 

Final comments for Montreal and Ottawa will be up soon

AmPJ0Ty.png 

I think it's time to close the door on Montreal and move slightly west to Ottawa: 

tzZQhfK.pngXrKGsGa.png

A move I was quick to make the last design I did for them, was to elevate the the current third to home, make an away and then find a new alternate. I wanted to stay away from that but still be unique. Also, I realized that there are a lot of red jerseyed teams in the Eastern Conference. So rather than be a red, black and white team, I've made the the Senators a black, red, gold and white team. 

-jerseys are inspired by the '99-'07 red uniform

-front facing senator now is the main logo.

-swooping chest stripe, similar arm stripes. 

-socks mirror as best as possible

-pants have the Ottawa Senators shield on the pant leg

Alternate: 

tATJ92s.png

Despite what I said, I still like the design of the alternate, and as such just tweaked it a little.

-alternate design stays mainly the same, red jersey now as opposed to black 

-no gold on the socks and jersey

C&C welcome as always!

AmPJ0Ty.png 

1 hour ago, OhioSportsMan61 said:

I like Ottawa's road jersey a lot, but the black home is bugging me a bit. I'd like to see a red version of that one instead.

TbCQjB0.png

I like this one more already. 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

31 minutes ago, TheLAKnight said:

That looks great! Minor thing, but how would it look if the number had an extra outline as it does on the white?

I did the outline on the white because I didn't think there was enought contrast between the numbers and the stripe, but here's a side by side. Double on the left, single on the right.

h1kHPWV.pngTbCQjB0.png

AmPJ0Ty.png 

I like the idea for the double outline with Ottawa, but I'd make it slightly thinner & Gold.

Lots of great work here so far, though.

Boston- I adore each jersey here. That alternate is also beautiful.

Buffalo- Solid blending of eras. Not sold on the phantom yoke for the alternate, but it doesn't bug me either.

Detroit- Simple, Clean & Classy. Great work here.

Florida- This one's a miss for me. I'm sorry, I just don't like the chest stripes used. It looks good on paper, but wouldn't work on the ice.

Montreal- That new alt is really simple and clever, but I like the Blue one as well.

new_orleans_krewe_player_sig___qb_donny_

2 hours ago, bkknight95 said:

I did the outline on the white because I didn't think there was enought contrast between the numbers and the stripe, but here's a side by side. Double on the left, single on the right.

h1kHPWV.pngTbCQjB0.png

Sorry I should have been more specific. I was thinking if it was red, then it would give the same effect as on the white jersey.

19 hours ago, KittSmith_95 said:

I like the idea for the double outline with Ottawa, but I'd make it slightly thinner & Gold.

Lots of great work here so far, though.

Boston- I adore each jersey here. That alternate is also beautiful.

Buffalo- Solid blending of eras. Not sold on the phantom yoke for the alternate, but it doesn't bug me either.

Detroit- Simple, Clean & Classy. Great work here.

Florida- This one's a miss for me. I'm sorry, I just don't like the chest stripes used. It looks good on paper, but wouldn't work on the ice.

Montreal- That new alt is really simple and clever, but I like the Blue one as well.

Here's (hoping) the final update on Ottawa: 

bXncVww.png1CRRNgc.png

You may be asking where the white jersey is. Quick answer: the gold outline actually made things worse. 

And because the red jersey is now the home, there's now an alternate #2

Japaoor.png

Litcherally, brought back the Heritage Classic jersey with a major change. Numbers have a double outline to stay with the motif, but the numbers are black this time as opposed to cream like last time. 

Final C&C for Ottawa and Tampa will be up soon!

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Ok, I think the door on Ottawa slammed shut so lets move down south and reveal Tampa Bay: 

qR3TVxj.png9cs3LS6.png

I'll have to admit that when the Lightning released their new uniforms, I was very against them for looking like the Detroit Maple Bolts. However. I've come around to the idea of Tampa being a blue jersey team, but they can do it much better than what they have now. 

-blue and white jerseys but went back to a look more reminiscent of the '04 Cup jerseys. 

-yoke and corresponding outlines on both jerseys

-return of the #threestripelife victory stripes!

-black pants with a bolt. 

Alternates: 

PY6N80N.png

Unpopular opinion: I like the new Bolts alternate but still feel like it lacks a little something. 

-black alternate jersey. excepting the pants, it's devoid of silver

-replaced the simple stripes on the real life alt for big ass bolts

-vertical side paneling

-BOLTS graces the chest

-socks match the side panels

C&C welcome!

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Archived