NHL 2017 Redsign (Added All Star Game)

colinturner95

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love alternate shirt for Blackhawks. In Sharks I've got problem with orange color on away shirt. It's a nice detail in one side, but on the other hand I think in that combination of stripes the orange is unnecessary. Nicely done on Canucks.

4r2eer.png

13 hours ago, tigerslionspistonshabs said:

Nice! If I can give a big of constructive criticism, the Kings look great but the banner logo on the front as well as the crown looks too busy. I'd say throw it on the shoulder or scrap it. 

Everything you've done is fantastic. 

Are you talking about the 50th anniversary logo? That's why the crown logo is on the chest, because I felt the banner logo and the annivesary patch would look too redundant on the front together.

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Well, we've made it through the teams, now we get to the special events!!

Leading us off is the Heritage Classic. 

EeYoTib.pngdOw1OZZ.png

I had these designed before they unveiled the real uniforms, which were still awesome by the way. Anyways, I didn't think to go all WHA with the Jets like I did with the Oilers but I think it came out looking good. 

-Jets 2.0 dressed in the Jets 1.0 '90-'96 uniforms, which IMO are the best uniforms in that team's history. 

-Their HC patch is on the shoulder. 

-Oilers wear the matching white to their new orange alternate, which also comes equipped with shoulder numbers. 

-And their HC patch lands on the sleeve

C&C welcome!

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Hope you've all enjoyed Thanksgiving, or at least the long weekend. Still hoping for more C&C on the Heritage Classic, but for now I'm gonna move onto the Centennial Classic, because I feel that needs to be adressed. 

eWfJWX1.pngk0JSkjE.png

So did I miss the part where a 100th anniversary celebration means unveil something that is modern and looks like your biggest rival? 

-Toronto dresses up in vintage white and blue. Detroit had the vintage white for the last outdoor game so it's Toronto's turn. 

-blue version of the 1934 away jersey. Besides this one being blue, this one has the name on the back .

-Detroit dresses up in the '27-'28 Cougars uniforms. Plain, simple and easy

C&C welcome on this Classic and the Heritage above it. 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

I feel like you should remove the names, for a few reasons...

1. The NOB of the Leafs jersey cuts into the striping

2. It's the Centennial Classic (But you made it into a throwback game, which is great! Unlike the futuristic-OITGDNHL silvery game), and authentic throwback jerseys to this era don't have names.

3. The NOBs that you use are WAY to small to be read from a football stadium, so having just the large numbers would work.

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

Took my advice, eh?

Wow, a "heritage" game with two complete swing-and-a-miss jerseys from established franchises. How disappointing!

lindsay.jpg10575-1582441Fr.jpg

THAT's a 100th anniversary game!

Or I'm still waiting for a blue version of these gems,

3132leafs.jpg

But rather, Toronto wants to look like Montreal, so, whatever.

Good! I'm glad! and it looks amazing, even if vintage white muddies it a bit, I get your logic behind it. Nice work, and it looks as perfect as I thought it would.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

12 minutes ago, hockey week said:

Took my advice, eh?

Good! I'm glad! and it looks amazing, even if vintage white muddies it a bit, I get your logic behind it. Nice work, and it looks as perfect as I thought it would.

Great minds must think alike :D

I actually had these designed in August/September when the only thing we knew about it was the name of the game. I don't think anyone foresaw the Leafs dressing like the Panthers Canadiens or the game being all "future" on us. 

On the note of the uniforms, quick updates: 

X9aTQ3B.pngTMk3pjS.png

Took @chcarlson23's advice and dropped the NOB's and made the back numbers just a little bit bigger. 

C&C welcome on these and I'll have another one of the outdoorsy games up next

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Winter Classic time!

MjjI9CG.png5AZS6m5.png

So I pretty much nailed the Blues uniform, nameplate withstanding. The Blackhawks need to get a break from outdoor games, but they need a uniform for this one, so I tried a new avenue. 

-Blues uniform comes from '67. Only thing different is the white name as opposed to yellow. 

-Blackhawks is a fauxback. Orignially vintage white, but the white looks so clean. 

-Stripe pattern comes from the uniforms worn between '26-'34. 

-Used the skinnier font debuted a couple winter classics ago. 

C&C welcome!

AmPJ0Ty.png 

10 minutes ago, bkknight95 said:

Winter Classic time!

MjjI9CG.png5AZS6m5.png

So I pretty much nailed the Blues uniform, nameplate withstanding. The Blackhawks need to get a break from outdoor games, but they need a uniform for this one, so I tried a new avenue. 

-Blues uniform comes from '67. Only thing different is the white name as opposed to yellow. 

-Blackhawks is a fauxback. Orignially vintage white, but the white looks so clean. 

-Stripe pattern comes from the uniforms worn between '26-'34. 

-Used the skinnier font debuted a couple winter classics ago. 

C&C welcome!

THAT IS GORGEOUS!!! 

Okay the WInter Classic was tame compared to what I'm about to show you: 

cVODjMS.pnguWCx933.png

I'm normally not one for a templated design, but I caved because I felt that I could make this work here. 

-Robo-Penguin has it's day. It's a design almost reminiscent of the old asymmetrical alternate. 

-Big logo on one side of the pants, stripe on the other leg. 

-Flyers mirrors the Pens, but with their logo 

-Liberty bell on the pant leg instead of Robo-Pen. 

I realize how gaudy these look, but you gotta have a little fun every now and again 

C&C welcome!

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Archived