NHL 2017 Redsign (Added All Star Game)

colinturner95

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, KittSmith_95 said:

I gotta admit, that's a fantastic Tampa Bay set! The only thing I'm not sold on is the white yoke. I get it reflects the history, but it just looks very jarring to me. Also, no shoulder patches? Why is that?

I honestly don't know why there weren't shoulder logos, I think that I just spaced on it. Never the less, here's an update to fix that: 

2TtBGP5.pnggwbN3hF.png

Flipped the yoke colors on the blue, added the Florida/Bolt patch back to the shoulders. 

Let me know if anything else needs a fix! 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

I actually really like the white shoulders... (And I don't know why a lot of people hate them...:rolleyes:) But the shoulder patches were definitely a great addition!

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

6 minutes ago, Seattle1917 said:

If you go white shoulders, then maybe switching the black and white stripes on the arms and hem would bring more balance to black and the old color scheme.

I went the way with the stripes because the point of the Tampa concept was to emphasize blue and silver over blue and black. Plus putting white and silver next to each other makes it hard to differentiate from long distance (in theory at least.)

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Ok final update for Tampa, and I'll go ahead and finish off the Atlantic with Toronto. 

CDik8Ot.png

Switched the helmet color to black, to help with the color balance. 

Toronto: 

zfNM9ig.pngmPffKJs.png

I think I wasn't the only one to be unimpressed with what Toronto released for their uniforms earlier this year. This opinion might prove unpopular but I liked the '67-'70 uniforms more than what they've worn as of late and what they will wear when they take the ice again this fall. 

-used the new shade of blue and new leaf logo. 

-northwestern stripe can be found all over. 

-shoulder design inspired by the recent Winter Classic jersey. 

-socks keep the 3 sets of NW stripes

-pants have a modified single stripe with the new leaf inset. 

Throwbacks: 

I tried to reach across a few years of Leafs' history for their 100th anniversary. 

uQbyzrU.png

The pre-Leafs era is represented by the 1919-20, 21-22 St. Pats uniforms. Fairly simple. 

KZXbgml.png

I chose this one because I think it's a unique look, and if Vancouver could have a nameless throwback, surely one of the O6 could too. 

BBFeEwp.png

Finally, we stop at a look I didn't realize the Leafs wore for so long ('70-'92). 

And because my helmet template doesn't lend itself well to logos: 

XmcTaRn.png

Note that the 1st, 3rd, and 5th logos wouldn't have the outline, but would be hard to see on a white background without one. Since the Leafs aren't doing a patch, I figured why stop at one logo when five is so much more fun. 

-First two are the new leaves, with 100 appropriately placed where the text would be. 

-Third is technically out of sync, since the St. Pats never used the "T", but didn't really have a logo. The 100 would have an outline, the T would not. 

-Fourth is the logo from the white throwback, 100 replacing the text

-Fifth is the Ballard Leaf (IIRC), with 100 where words would go. 

C&C welcome on both teams, I'll start posting the Metro division tomorrow. 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

1st off, smart choice with the black helmet for Tampa. That was the needed change, not the shoulders.

Second, That Leafs concept is a beauty. The only thing I'm not fond of is the Yokes & the pants stripe, yet I adore the throwbacks. I'd remove the Leaf from the Stripe & and take off the yokes on the Home & Away. That would leave a perfect set.

new_orleans_krewe_player_sig___qb_donny_

1 hour ago, bkknight95 said:

Ok final update for Tampa, and I'll go ahead and finish off the Atlantic with Toronto. 

CDik8Ot.png

Switched the helmet color to black, to help with the color balance. 

Amazing. That is a phenomenal look, I like the addition of the black helmet a lot.

1 hour ago, bkknight95 said:

Toronto: 

zfNM9ig.pngmPffKJs.png

This is good too, but I would ditch the leaf on the pants. And I agree with you on being underwhelmed by what they unveiled over the summer. The completely mismatching stripes?!?

My Behance Portfolio --- Follow @Steinosaur19

2LYbxnm.png

Toronto update: 

XyQU0a2.pngEiGfJRq.png

So I guess the "Leaf in the pant stripe" works better with a pointier leaf :P. Kinda sad I had to remove it, it was one my more favorite parts of the concept. But anyways, I got rid of leaf on the pants but I kept the shoulder design, which IMO is more unique than just a colored yoke. 

C&C welcome!

AmPJ0Ty.png 

I think the response for Toronto was very positive, so I'll be moving onto the Metropolitan (still a stupid name) Division, and leading it off is Carolina: 

Sm44Xv4.png9aI6Zbf.png

When I made the concept Gerbe was still a 'Cane. 

Anyways, much like Toronto's redesign, Carolina's redo was underwhelming to say the very least. They easily went from one of the most unique looks in the league to a cheap Team Canada knock off. 

-dropped grey from the scheme totally. cleans up the look immensely IMO. 

-compromised the striping from the previous set and the new white jersey. 

-kept the new font, also think it's cleaner than the '90s font. 

-warning flag with the stick on the shoulders. 

-socks mirror the jerseys

-pants stay much the same

Alternate: 

zBzNWGU.png

I believe that you shouldn't forget where you came from. And in this case, Carolina came from Hartford and rather than throw straight back, I homaged them the best I could. 

-black jersey, design based on the '92-'97 Whalers jerseys

-took the striping and added the warning flag pattern to it, to make it more Carolina-esque. 

-pants are inverted from the normal home and away

-socks mirror the jersey. 

C&C welcome as always!

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Archived