NHL 2017 Redsign (Added All Star Game)

colinturner95

Moving right through the Central to Nashville: 

RpmcmFM.pngSl4KCz5.png

I love the choice of Nashville going yellow at home. Its different and unique. Unfortunately, the actual design of the uniform sucks, although it was an improvement over the previous set. 

-kept a lot of the new stuff, but the design is based off of the alternate that wasn't around nearly as long as it should be. 

-yellow at home, white on the road. 

-double stripes, checkerboard inside the stripes. 

-guitar pick logo on the shoulders

-socks repeat the pattern. 

Alternate: 

tENRqgl.png

Here's a wild one. Using the idea of a guitar having 6 strings (most of the time) and the guitar pick logo, and country music, I made this jersey

-navy jersey

-six stripes all around. 

-pick logo front and center

-socks do the same

C&C welcome

AmPJ0Ty.png 

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For Nashville's home and road: I would either simplify the checkered pattern by eliminating the white blocks all together and making them a solid yellow stripe, or change the white blocks to a darker shade of yellow. There's just too much going on with the white and yellow together. I think if you change the white blocks to a darker shade of yellow, it'll be more subtle and more pleasing to the eye.

For the alternate: Change the white on the cuffs and hem to either yellow or navy. The white sticks out like a sore thumb. I'm also not the biggest fan of the logo choice, it's just not strong enough to be used on the from of a jersey. 

These are all good, and with the changes I suggested, they could be great concepts.

My Behance Portfolio --- Follow @Steinosaur19

2LYbxnm.png

17 hours ago, bkknight95 said:

Moving right through the Central to Nashville: 

RpmcmFM.pngSl4KCz5.png

I love the choice of Nashville going yellow at home. Its different and unique. Unfortunately, the actual design of the uniform sucks, although it was an improvement over the previous set. 

-kept a lot of the new stuff, but the design is based off of the alternate that wasn't around nearly as long as it should be. 

-yellow at home, white on the road. 

-double stripes, checkerboard inside the stripes. 

-guitar pick logo on the shoulders

-socks repeat the pattern. 

Alternate: 

tENRqgl.png

Here's a wild one. Using the idea of a guitar having 6 strings (most of the time) and the guitar pick logo, and country music, I made this jersey

-navy jersey

-six stripes all around. 

-pick logo front and center

-socks do the same

C&C welcome

The checkerboard pattern looks wonky, and in a sport with so much continuous movement, would likely look off, in-motion. The Preds fanbase never really liked that aspect of their last alternate jersey. Since Nashville has no ties to racing, the checkerboard is best left to Knoxville and UT. A more traditional striping pattern is a better way to go.

On the Alt, the color reversal seems a bit off, for the pick. I think making the main pick white might be worth a shot.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

7 hours ago, BeerGuyJordan said:

The checkerboard pattern looks wonky, and in a sport with so much continuous movement, would likely look off, in-motion. The Preds fanbase never really liked that aspect of their last alternate jersey. Since Nashville has no ties to racing, the checkerboard is best left to Knoxville and UT. A more traditional striping pattern is a better way to go.

On the Alt, the color reversal seems a bit off, for the pick. I think making the main pick white might be worth a shot.

23 hours ago, OhioSportsMan61 said:

For Nashville's home and road: I would either simplify the checkered pattern by eliminating the white blocks all together and making them a solid yellow stripe, or change the white blocks to a darker shade of yellow. There's just too much going on with the white and yellow together. I think if you change the white blocks to a darker shade of yellow, it'll be more subtle and more pleasing to the eye.

For the alternate: Change the white on the cuffs and hem to either yellow or navy. The white sticks out like a sore thumb. I'm also not the biggest fan of the logo choice, it's just not strong enough to be used on the from of a jersey. 

These are all good, and with the changes I suggested, they could be great concepts.

Ok, so these are likely more intermediate updates, rather than full on final updates: 

mj7AQcT.png4Ua7spW.png

So I don't want to completely abandon the checkerboard pattern. I think that if done right, it can work. So obviously I did something wrong the first time. This time I made it a bit more subtle on each jersey and socks. 

mypC3Nf.png

As for the alternates, changed the hem colors to yellow and experimented with the colors on the logo. I'm not sure what other logo to use for this jersey. I think they have a great identity but they lack a strong, alternate jersey logo IMHO

Let me know what else to change. 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

1 hour ago, bkknight95 said:

Ok, so these are likely more intermediate updates, rather than full on final updates: 

mj7AQcT.png4Ua7spW.png

So I don't want to completely abandon the checkerboard pattern. I think that if done right, it can work. So obviously I did something wrong the first time. This time I made it a bit more subtle on each jersey and socks. 

mypC3Nf.png

As for the alternates, changed the hem colors to yellow and experimented with the colors on the logo. I'm not sure what other logo to use for this jersey. I think they have a great identity but they lack a strong, alternate jersey logo IMHO

Let me know what else to change. 

The alt looks better, for sure. If you want a different logo, I always thought the old mustard logo was really good, it was just stuck on an abysmal jersey.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

So, I'm still hoping for some more feedback on Nashville's updates, but in the meantime, I have St. Louis ready to go: 

tbomNBN.pngymg3bg7.png

Much like Dallas, I think St. Louis hit a home run on their most recent redesign. If there was a worst-to-first update in the NHL, this would be my nominee. HOWEVER, I still feel a couple things could change a little. 

-not a whole lot does in fact change from the new uniforms

-50th anniversary logo on the shoulders

-only difference is now the socks mirror the sleeves. 

Alternate: 

sCAb6Cr.png

So rumor has it the real alternate the Blues currently wear is being phased out? That makes me sad because I hate the Blues, but love that alternate jersey. 

-again, not too much changes from real life

-straightened out the sleeve stripes and made the yellow a bit more prominent. 

-50 anniversary logo on the sleeves

-added some shoulder piping to mimic the home/away yoke piping

C&C welcome on these and Nashville!

AmPJ0Ty.png 

My dad is a Blues fan, so I don't hate them, but I do love the alternate. Great work!

Alright, finishing up the Central with Winnipeg

LirV161.png5g69jwt.png  

To be honest, I'm still undecided on the Jets 2.0 uniforms. I just can't decide on if I really like them or not. 

-look harkens back to Jets 1.0

-biggest difference is the colors, fonts, logos.

-added chevrons to the sleeves to tie into the military idea of the logo

-pants have a stripe with chevrons as well

Alternate: 

kXJsDqz.png

Not the most creative of alternates, but I was really struggling on this one. 

C&C welcome on the last few teams!!

AmPJ0Ty.png 

On 10/20/2016 at 4:19 PM, bkknight95 said:

Alright, finishing up the Central with Winnipeg

LirV161.png5g69jwt.png  

To be honest, I'm still undecided on the Jets 2.0 uniforms. I just can't decide on if I really like them or not. 

-look harkens back to Jets 1.0

-biggest difference is the colors, fonts, logos.

-added chevrons to the sleeves to tie into the military idea of the logo

-pants have a stripe with chevrons as well

Alternate: 

kXJsDqz.png

Not the most creative of alternates, but I was really struggling on this one. 

C&C welcome on the last few teams!!

I'm liking this whole set. The alternate has a similar design to the others, sure, but this team badly needs more emphasis on the bright colors right now, I think, and especially the bright blue. The whole set manages to both brighten things up overall and give them a bright blue alt. I like.

Well, we're down to the last division!

eWretq7.pngTnDdFET.png

Oh Anaheim. You changed from something beautiful to something that has become eh. Eggplant and Jade were returning regardless, but how they were going to was still very much up in the air

-Eras collide in spectacular fashion here.

-The aforementioned eggplant and jade return, with silver as well. 

-jerseys mix old Mighty Ducks striping with Ducks curvature of the striping. 

-Old Mighty Ducks logo returns to the forefront, shoulders have a oval logo with the webbed D. 

-Both jerseys get collar striping now. 

-Pants are striped

-Socks carry over. 

Alternate: 

6ZydzZG.png

I'm heavily unsure of this one. The Ducks have an ... interesting history with alternate uniforms to say the least. 

-Jade alternate jersey

-Webbed D on the chest, MD logo on the shoulders

-Striping comes from the newest alternate

C&C welcome!

AmPJ0Ty.png 

As much as I hate to say this, the webbed D looks good in silver. 

However, the green version on the shoulders doesn't sit right with me. The striping on the alternate might also look better if it was based off the Black & Jade alt. Just a few thoughts. 

new_orleans_krewe_player_sig___qb_donny_

On 10/24/2016 at 3:01 PM, KittSmith_95 said:

As much as I hate to say this, the webbed D looks good in silver. 

However, the green version on the shoulders doesn't sit right with me. The striping on the alternate might also look better if it was based off the Black & Jade alt. Just a few thoughts. 

Anaheim updates: 

df1mVsj.png0x2DUW5.png

Home and away dont change a whole lot, the webbed D on the shoulders matches the alternate jersey one now. 

Speaking of the alternate: 

of26lwX.png

So I went away from one alternate striping pattern to one that more closely resembles another from the past. 

C&C welcome!

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Moving along in the Pacific with the Phoenix Arizona Coyotes

GbEDTxt.pngnscam5q.png

To understand these, you need to see my last design for the Coyotes, which you can see here

-basically took my last design and did what the real life Coyotes did and added black. 

-sublimated sunburst from the Arizona flag on the back. 

-new fonts and shoulder logos. 

Alternates:

lpQIDjT.pngcAekjNW.png

Gave the Yotes a couple of alternates to choose from. 

-KACHINA MAKES A RETURN.

-white is eviscerated from both uniforms.

-design takes a lot from the new uniforms. 

But wait there's more: 

JuBXRHf.png

I've always thought that the white outs the Coyotes did were awesome. Just nothing else I can say but awesome. So simply whited out the road uniform, for if the Yotes could make the playoffs . 

Gave you a lot, C&C is definitely welcome!

AmPJ0Ty.png 

This concept has some real potential but the main jerseys are a little too busy in my humble opinion.  Maybe if you eliminated the sleeve stripes and had the yokes extend all the way down the sleeves, it would fix this issue.  That being said, I love the hem stripe design and the sublimated flag patterns on the backs.  The black alternate is also really nice.

On 10/29/2016 at 4:25 PM, Morgo said:

This concept has some real potential but the main jerseys are a little too busy in my humble opinion.  Maybe if you eliminated the sleeve stripes and had the yokes extend all the way down the sleeves, it would fix this issue.  That being said, I love the hem stripe design and the sublimated flag patterns on the backs.  The black alternate is also really nice.

So, I was initially undecided on where to go on the update, but eliminating the yokes I think is the way to go. 

GaiI5I1.png2G4D8Fp.png

Eliminating the stripes and extending the yokes made it look too much like Philadelphia in my opinion. 

And minor update: 

J6JuZhj.png

I did keep the yokes on the white out jersey, it looked weird without it, but I didn't realize I left the black outline on the numbers. Which I then removed. 

C&C welcome!

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Archived