NHL 2017 Redsign (Added All Star Game)

colinturner95

17 minutes ago, Point1 said:

I like the Hurricanes, maybe thicken the black outline on the numbers?

1 hour ago, Lycan38 said:

Hurricanes look good, just a minor execution issue I see. On the road you have the sleeve design on the left sleeve completely filled.

Fixed both problems: 

iv7x58t.png3QdV59s.png

zSmjb85.png

All the jerseys got a thicker outline, and I fixed the coloration of the stripe on the back of the white jersey. 

Anything else need work? 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the Canes.... for a concept not using Silver. 

I'll admit I do wish this had some silver, as that's the only thing keeping them from being a BlackHawks/Devils/Senators clone....

But for what it is, it's a great concept. I like that 3rd jersey the most.

new_orleans_krewe_player_sig___qb_donny_

13 hours ago, KittSmith_95 said:

I like the Canes.... for a concept not using Silver. 

I'll admit I do wish this had some silver, as that's the only thing keeping them from being a BlackHawks/Devils/Senators clone....

But for what it is, it's a great concept. I like that 3rd jersey the most.

I think a little silver could be good, too, but a clone? They're one of three or four teams that should be using gimmicky striping, something that easily sets them apart.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

Moving on from the Hurricanes, to the Blue Jackets: 

DJhxZfG.pngGpnDpVo.png

This is the first concept so far that has me a little worried because I'm just not sold on it yet. Time for another one of Bk95's Unpopular Opinions: I don't think the Blue Jackets look bad in the current uniforms, but they are starting to look a little dated. 

-not sure why, but I always felt a Buffalo stripe worked for the Jackets so I ran with it. 

-dropped the Copperplate font but kept it in the family with the alternate font. 

-if you haven't noticed, I love to homage old design parts that I think work or could still work. 

-yoke stripes are reminiscent of the uniforms these would be replacing. 

-cannon roundel logo on the shoulders. 

-the striping on the pants is done like the cuffs of the first uniform set. 

Alternate: 

H9rseTO.png

Using the logo Avi Stein was able to create, which IIRC was one of the concept logos before they came up with before the flag star logo, and that logo basically inspired the whole uniform. 

-red jersey, angled chest and sleeve stripes, like in the logo. 

-Avi Stein logo on the chest. 

-pants have the 3 angled stripe design on the side

C&C welcome!

AmPJ0Ty.png 

The pants from the alternate seem to fit in better with all 3 sets than the red pants. 

For a concept that's going for a classic look, this works well. I will admit I do wish people went all crazy with Lumbus, suing either neon green or black... or even the original colour scheme.

1 hour ago, OhioSportsMan61 said:

OH MY GOD THE WHITE COLUMBUS JERSEY....TAKE MY MONEY NOW. Freakin beautiful.

I just don't know about the alt....I mean a red jersey? As a Jackets fan, I can't really get behind that. Swap the red in blue on that one and I think it would look good.

4 hours ago, KittSmith_95 said:

The pants from the alternate seem to fit in better with all 3 sets than the red pants. 

For a concept that's going for a classic look, this works well. I will admit I do wish people went all crazy with Lumbus, suing either neon green or black... or even the original colour scheme.

Ok quick updates/polling the crowd: 

sKNWlHQ.pngIT9QLWa.png

So trying out another option with the pants, using the alternates as the main set, but i wasn't sure if I wanted to keep them red or navy. 

And then for the alternates: 

5 hours ago, Morgo said:

Columbus is beautiful.  Such an improvement over the bland uniforms they wear now.  My only suggestion would be to remove the navy from the hem of the red alternate.  Doesn't seem necessary with those beautiful chest stripes.

IHqMRDT.png

So no matter the final color of the alternate jersey, the hem stripe is gone. But at the suggestion of @OhioSportsMan61, I tried a navy version. I'm just not a big fan of teams having two of the same colored jersey. 

Let me know what you guys think!

AmPJ0Ty.png 

So after further deliberation, here's what I've decided to go with: 

IT9QLWa.pngmvQoKrV.png

Navy pants become the norm across the board. 

As for the alternates: 

IHqMRDT.pngH9rseTO.png

Why not both? 

C&C welcome as always, whoever is next will be up soon!

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Hope everyone enjoyed a wild weekend of college football!

FaS6Prj.pngXYNaH9b.png  

New Jersey has always seemed a no nonsense organization, and why should their uniforms be any different. 

-pretty much the same thing as the last 24 years

-the lone exception? the yoke is now outlined

Alternate: 

MKZCtmK.png

Continuing the theme of simplicity, the alternate is a simple throwback. 

C&C should be short and sweet on NJ. 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

1 hour ago, bkknight95 said:

Hope everyone enjoyed a wild weekend of college football!

FaS6Prj.pngXYNaH9b.png  

New Jersey has always seemed a no nonsense organization, and why should their uniforms be any different. 

-pretty much the same thing as the last 24 years

-the lone exception? the yoke is now outlined

Alternate: 

MKZCtmK.png

Continuing the theme of simplicity, the alternate is a simple throwback. 

C&C should be short and sweet on NJ. 

ok... new jersey looks simple, and I like it.

"This is our f*****g city. And nobody is going to dictate our freedom. Stay strong."—David Ortiz 

#34ever

Moving right along to the Islanders: 

pJ0jQEE.pngF6XSK5K.png

The only problem I actually have with the Islanders current jerseys is that they just are starting to look dated but I don't think the design should be completely abandoned. That being said, I think the Edge redesign for them wasn't entirely bad, but could have done more with less. 

-inspired by the edge redesign, the stripes on the sleeves basically flip positions. 

-same logo

-and because they can't remind us enough about the 4 cups, the 4 stripes are on the collar. 

-pants and socks stay mostly the same

Alternates: 

tCxskoI.pngiSVmZaE.png

Well these were designed about the same time the questioning about how long the Islanders would stay in the Barclays Center, but I still rolled with them. So this is assuming the Islanders still want to roll with the whole black and white thing. 

-inspired by the Brooklyn Americans final uniform

-logo is from the real life black helmets. 

-4 stripes all over the place because we can't forget that they won those. 

-white version because why not? 

C&C welcome!

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Was hoping for a little more feedback on the Isles, but in the meantime, here's the Rangers: 

yZ9XjRT.pngSabhJCZ.png

As much as I loathe the Rangers, their uniforms are pretty classic and hard to screw up. That being said, I did make a few tweaks here and there. 

-despite being classic uniforms, i made a few tweaks just for a little more consistency

-added the yoke piping from the away to the home. 

-stripes stay the same on the respective jerseys. 

-away hem changes ever so slightly

-pants and socks don't change.

Alternate: 

vBCjK7f.png

I originally had plans for a Lady Liberty home and away set, but I had forgotten it was the 90th anniversary season, so I decided to throwback instead.

-1926 (year 1) throwback jersey

-tan pants and gloves

-design probably looks familiar, minus the drop shadowing

C&C is welcome on both NY clubs

AmPJ0Ty.png 

The Devils, Islanders & Rangers all look fantastic. 

Devils- Clean look with small changes, but ones that work well for the Devils. The alternate jersey also looks very sleek.

Islanders- The 4 stripes on the collar is kinda gimmicky, but all-in-all it looks fantastic. Would've liked to see the "B" logo used on the Brooklyn alternates and some subtle usage of orange. 

Rangers- I love the yoke addition to the Home jersey! The only thing i can think of changing is the spacing between the stripes, a thing that was discussed in the NHL thread. I enjoy the set as is, but having the stripes being more spaced out would make this set even better. Also, with Columbus now wearing Navy Pants, the two teams have unique looks. 

BTW, that Rangers Alt. Just....... yes. It's a flawless throwback that would look amazing on the ice & in a Winter Classic game. 

Alright, moving into the Keystone State with the Flyers: 

htekHxd.png3m6DQqZ.png

So I tried to go in a more modern direction with the Flyers, but just looking at it right now, I think I'll need to rework it a little

-THE NAMEPLATES ARE STAYING

-kept the sleeve design, but added in a Northwestern Stripe to the end

-NW stripe on the hem

-Anniv. Logo on the shoulder because thats the cool thing to do it seems

-C and A patches are now in the keystone logo like on the Winter Classic Jerseys

-pants have the logo

-Socks have NW stripe

Alternate: 

k4PBXLB.png

Heritage uniform, not really a whole lot to explain here. Tried vintage white, but it looked awful that way. 

C&C welcome. 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Archived