NHL 2017 Redsign (Added All Star Game)

colinturner95

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I think I tried too hard to mix eras with the Flyers and it looked a lot better on paper than it did in Illustrator.

JRmuEHR.pngSA5WMUZ.png

So I went back to pretty much what they wear now. Few minor changes:

-the sleeve stripe no longer inexplicably shrinks meaning the numbers now fit inside the stripe. 

-also I didn't notice that the anniversary logo was on different sides on the original post so I fixed that so it would line up on the same shoulder. 

-Anniversary jersey stays the same

C&C on these and Pittsburgh will be up soon. 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

On 9/20/2016 at 10:43 AM, KittSmith_95 said:

Simple changes for Philly, but ones that make sense.

The fix on the Rangers set is beautiful. 

Whose next?

Philadelphia's in-state rival, Pittsburgh

jJjn6Hs.png3j3lQ6z.png

I love the decision to go back to black and gold for Pittsburgh. The edge jerseys were honestly among the worst in the league. However, I think tweaking them to not be direct throwbacks may have been a better way to go. 

-heavily inspired by the 88-92 set.

-home uniform really doesn't change a whole lot, just added Robo-Penguin to the shoulders

-away uniform changes a bit more. Sleeve stripe changes a little from the home, the hem matches the home. 

-Pant stripe no longer tapers

-socks have a stripe more befitting to the uniform 

Alternate: 

uyKN5jB.png  

Heritage uniforms are all the rage nowadays it seems. 

-font comes from the first uniform set ('67-'68)

-stripes come from the second uniform set ('68-'70) 

-sleeve thing the stripes are in (?) comes from the '77-'80 set

-socks from the second set

-pants from 77-80

C&C welcome as always

AmPJ0Ty.png 

5 hours ago, bkknight95 said:

Philadelphia's in-state rival, Pittsburgh

jJjn6Hs.png3j3lQ6z.png

I love the decision to go back to black and gold for Pittsburgh. The edge jerseys were honestly among the worst in the league. However, I think tweaking them to not be direct throwbacks may have been a better way to go. 

-heavily inspired by the 88-92 set.

-home uniform really doesn't change a whole lot, just added Robo-Penguin to the shoulders

-away uniform changes a bit more. Sleeve stripe changes a little from the home, the hem matches the home. 

-Pant stripe no longer tapers

-socks have a stripe more befitting to the uniform 

Alternate: 

uyKN5jB.png  

Heritage uniforms are all the rage nowadays it seems. 

-font comes from the first uniform set ('67-'68)

-stripes come from the second uniform set ('68-'70) 

-sleeve thing the stripes are in (?) comes from the '77-'80 set

-socks from the second set

-pants from 77-80

C&C welcome as always

I think all yellow numbers and letter would look better on the home. Anyway, these are great! Keep it up!

IMG_0720.PNG

On 9/21/2016 at 2:12 PM, KittSmith_95 said:

I'd make the pant stripe on the alternate also not tapered. Otherwise, this is a flawless set & I'd buy the 3rd jersey instantly. 

As much as I hate the tapered stripe on the real life set, which is why mine doesnt taper, but I think I'm going to leave the taper on the alternate soley for historical purposes

On 9/21/2016 at 7:15 PM, TheGoldenTriangle said:

I think all yellow numbers and letter would look better on the home. Anyway, these are great! Keep it up!

oUFsCSw.png

Went back and changed the name and number to yellow. 

Last words for Pittsburgh welcome, and Washington will be up soon. 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

i love what you've done with the pens home away and third here, perfection. the blue jersey is executed great but, and this obviously isn't your fault, the reason the pens don't wear blue anymore is because they're supposedly bad luck for them and when they wore both dark and light blue their record was terrible. So while i realize this is all just conjecture, its a shame that perfect jersey will probably never be realized again

Lz5f6vZ.png

But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8/      Check Out My: Little Big League MLB ProjectDribbble

5 hours ago, bkknight95 said:

As much as I hate the tapered stripe on the real life set, which is why mine doesnt taper, but I think I'm going to leave the taper on the alternate soley for historical purposes

oUFsCSw.png

Went back and changed the name and number to yellow. 

Last words for Pittsburgh welcome, and Washington will be up soon. 

Now they're perfect! Good Job, Keep it up!

IMG_0720.PNG

Metro Division finale: The Washington Capitals

RoE13ho.pngkJwEm84.png

I'll admit I was a fan initially of the Caps Edge look, but now, it's so dated and ugly, hopefully they get a makeover when Adidas takes over. 

-retired the wordmark, the primary is now the Weagle. 

-shoulder stripes come from a World Cup of Hockey concept that will be released later. 

-bronze returns to the color scheme 

Alternate: 

tz0cWmH.png

I played off the success of the Winter Classic look here, but used the brighter red against the navy jersey. 

-double stripe acrosse the chest, comes from the DC flag. 

-lots of stars everywhere. The stars on the sleeves homage the uniforms of uniforms past worn by Washington. 

-stars on the back hem of the jerseys. 

-used the presidental eagle logo on the shoulders. 

C&C welcome, and then we adventure to the Wild Wild West. 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Ditch the bronze on the two primaries, it doesn't let the red and navy pop separately. It's a solid concept without it.

As for the alternate, I would get rid of the capitals word mark below the W on the front. An execution note: the numbers and NOB seem a bit lower than they should be

My Behance Portfolio --- Follow @Steinosaur19

2LYbxnm.png

16 hours ago, OhioSportsMan61 said:

Ditch the bronze on the two primaries, it doesn't let the red and navy pop separately. It's a solid concept without it.

As for the alternate, I would get rid of the capitals word mark below the W on the front. An execution note: the numbers and NOB seem a bit lower than they should be

Home and away updates: 

9GmALu7.png4cvFnLJ.png

Dumped the bronze everywhere, except for the logo. The logo still has the bronze outline, which I think makes it pop more than it did on the stripes and the pants

Alternate: 

oQK0K6D.png

Got rid of the bronze on the gloves, got rid of the CAPITALS under the W. And I'm not sure why the name and number were so low, but that too is fixed

C&C welcome. 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

imo this is a fittingly refreshing look for the caps and as pretty much everyone agrees a uni overhaul for washington would include the eagle on home/away. initially i disliked your arm striping but the more i look at it its ideal for this team, perfect. the alternate is unique in good way but i just wonder how a white w and red flag stripes would look just to correspond although there is no problem with this.

Lz5f6vZ.png

But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8/      Check Out My: Little Big League MLB ProjectDribbble

Welcome to the West: 

PNjTcZ8.pngPUnjGo9.png

I don't know how you mess with the Blackhawks' uniforms. They're classic and timeless. So I went ahead and messed with them ever so slightly. I was a big fan of the more recent Winter Classic uniforms and so that played a deal into the design. 

-jerseys remain largely untouched. Only difference is the Tomahawk "C"'s are on the stripes. The home hem no longer goes all the way down. 

-away jersey stripes flipped so theres a more bit of consistency. 

-pants don't change. 

-socks don't change. 

Alternate: 

yadoddq.png

Rather than recolor a jersey for an alternate, I did something a little newish. 

-black jersey, roundel with modern logo. 

-used the hem stripe across the board on this one

-Tomahawk logo on the sleeves. 

C&C welcome!

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Archived