Minor Football League (*Hawai'i posted 1/17/17)

bigmike

On August 11, 2016 at 3:30 PM, 29texan said:

I should be finished by this weekend with Alabama. I'll let ya see before I post anything.

Looking forward to it @29texan! I am going to give this a bump because I would like to hear some more comments on the logos I made (Orlando, Portland, OKC, Bronx, Albuquerque, St. Louis).

So far I have 4 seasons done from the previous 7 years of "Minor League Football's" history (this was the name before this season). The first 3 years were actually simulated for our old fantasy league. I just "simulated" the 4th season by using a ratings/coin flip season. I had a schedule already made out for this season so I went ahead and used this system for each and every individual game. I will probably simplify it a lot more for the next 3 years just because they are pretty irrelevant and I would like to get to this season since it is coming up quickly but I will go back to the same system for this years games. I have some pretty lengthy write-ups for the first 4 seasons so I will post the results from them over the next week or so. I will post the quick parts of the standings and playoff results and use spoilers to present the summary of the season play and playoffs.

My question for you guys would be this. Would you rather go ahead and see each team's uniform sets for the 2016 season now? Or would you rather me post the previous year's history's with a simplified presentation of the historic uniforms first?

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, Uglybus said:

I think it would be cool if we went year-by-year. 

Same^ Hawaiians  stadium  is about  10%done with the  field and  supports done Montreal is 75% done adding  sites and better facade  and  redoing the  roof I'm  wondering if you want this  type of  configuration  

OlympicStadium1976.gif

http://i.imgur.com/4gh4ZhB.png http://i.imgur.com/DmN6VqA.png

http://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/103365-star-based-championship-signatures-by-request/

History of the Minor Football League (Formally known as Minor League Football).

Season 1 Summary (Reality: JAN 2009-APR 2009, AT: JAN 2009-MAR 2009)

·      Season Play: Minor League Football kicked off as an unofficial developmental league to the NFL in 2009. The first 8 teams were announced in 2008 with the season kicking off on New Year’s Day in 2009 and was arguably the most successful season in Minor League Football history. The season started out with a powerhouse team in Alabama as well as an early divison lead from Pearl City as their former Heisman winning QB Jason White tore up the stat sheet in two wins. Las Vegas struggled to find a win early in the season behind QB Quincy Carter and benched him in favor of former NFL bust Ryan Leaf. The switch paid off as the Aces would go on to have a 6-1 record the rest of the season. The east featured a huge race for second place between the Shockers and the Kings but the Redhawks were out of the race early losing most of their games and only picking up 2 wins the entire season with one notable upset in Week 6 against the undefeated Gladiators. The Tropics would trade for HB Travis Henry receiving him from the Redhawks at the midway point through the season in an effort to strengthen their team for the second half. This move backfired however as the Boise Grizzlies traded their start HB Rudi Johnson to Alabama in exchange for the Gladiators backup QB Shaun Kind and backup HB Kenny Irons who would both lead a turn around for the Grizzlies and help win a tiebreaker game at the end of the season against the Tropics for a birth in the playoffs. Although, the Kings finished with a 5-5 record they would be left out of the playoffs as the Shockers edged them out for the final East spot with a 6-4 record behind QB Aaron Brooks.

·      Playoffs: The playoffs featured the Boise vs Las Vegas and Louisville vs Alabama. Alabama and Las Vegas were the favorites as they won their conferences and they would wind up in the Championship game just as expected. The Championship was every bit as exciting as you could expect it to be coming down to the wire. Ryan Leaf led the Aces to a 14-12 lead late in the game and the Gladiators led by David Carr drove down the field putting Mike Vanderjagt in a spot to kick a game-winning field goal. Vanderjagt hooked the kick however and the Aces won the Championship.

·      Standings:

EAST: AL 9-3 (1-1), LOU 6-5 (0-1), MEM 5-5, SC 3-7

WEST: LV 8-4 (2-0) BOI 5-6 (0-1), PC 4-6, SA 3-7

ASG (HAWAII): EAST 9-WEST 7

PLAYOFF RESULTS:

WCC: LV 21-13 BOI

ECC: AL 21-7 LOU

MLFBB: BOI 17-7 LOU

MLFC: LV 14-12 AL

·      Notable Players

LEAGUE MVP/PLAYOFF MVP: Las Vegas Aces QB Ryan Leaf

Offensive POY: Alabama Gladiators HB Darren Sproles

Defensive POY: Las Vegas DB Bryant McFadden

Comeback POY: Boise QB Shaun King

The results of this season were simulated through Madden 08 I believe. I will start posting the uniforms right after this. I am going to do it in a little bit of a different format than the logo sheets and the 2016 uniform guides. I am going to try and make it look a little bit more like the gridiron database's layout although I am still using the same template. I have 6 of the 8 teams season 1 uniforms done. I'm going to start out just posting their main sets; home, away, alternate (optional). I will post some of the retro inspired or throwback inspired uniforms worn in season 1 later and I will also post the individual playoff match-ups as well.

Alabama Gladiators: As explained in the other logo sheet. I created this logos inspired by the Cologne Centurions, I actually used Elliot's touched up version of the logo just because it looks much better. These were the main sets worn by the team, although the red uniform was worn with the black helmet once and the white uniform was worn with the red helmet/pants once as well. The all-red alternate was marketed as the "Bear-Blood" alternates when the Gladiators played the Boise Grizzlies in the season. This alternate would become a popular option in upcoming years as well. Some of Alabama's notable players in the 2009 season included QB David Carr, HB Darren Sproles, HB Rudi Johnson (Acquired from Boise before Week 6), LB Takeo Spikes and K Mike Vanderjagt.

Alabama%20S1%20Uniforms_zpsxpcvm1or.png

Boise Grizzlies: These logos and uniforms were originally created by raysox. One thing I noticed while recreating a lot of the uniforms worn from this season was that most of them are actually made on similar cuts which I think was intentional by raysox and myself but there are also a few teams who really went against the grain in that regard. I like the idea of Under Armor creating one specific cut for each team but customizing some of the piping and design for each team. I took some creative license in the recreation though and tweaked a few things for some of the teams, however Boise is recreated to be exactly like they were in season 1. Boise made a late season playoff push after receiving notable players QB Shaun King and HB Kenny Irons, they started the season with HB Rudi Johnson who was traded to Alabama midway through the season. Some of their other notable players included FB Lorenzo Neal, WR Patrick Crayton, LB Karlos Dansby and LB Rosevelt Colvin.

Boise%20S1%20Uniforms_zpskgryrd02.png

Pearl City Tropics: The Pearl City Tropics had the loudest color scheme in the league by far and while they have kept it around it isn't quite as flashy as it was in season 1. The team has always been located in Honolulu, Hawaii but @crashcarson15 who was the owner of this franchise decided to name them the Pearl City Tropics in season 1. I believe he designed these uniforms as well although I could be wrong. I know I created the PC logo as well as a Palm tree logo which too a lot of inspiration from the Flint Tropics. Raysox also made a logo set which had a more "tribal" theme and was used with an alternate black out uniform. I'll post that at some point later down the line. Some of the Tropics notable players in their first season included QB Jason White who started off strong but did not finish out the year playing well, WR Peerless Price, WR Mario Manningham, LB Jarod Mayo and HB Travis Henry who they acquired from South Carolina at the deadline looking for a playoff push, Henry was the highest rated running back on paper in the league but did not play up to his rating and would later be suspended indefinitely after being arrested.

Hawaii%20S1%20Uniforms_zps1e147py0.png

Las Vegas Aces: Season 1 Champions behind the comeback story of Las Vegas Quarterback Ryan Leaf. The Aces logos and uniforms were designed by raysox, obviously the season 1 uniforms are inspired by the current Atlanta Falcons uniforms. I tried making the pattern of the sleeve stripes and such a little bit different since this is an Under Armor uniform. The Aces would switch to a more traditional styled uniform after this season and they are the only team to use the same logos that they used in Season 1. Notable players include League MVP QB Ryan Leaf, HB Kevin Jones, WR D.J. Hall, RT Fred Miller, LB Ian Gold and CB Bryant McFadden.

Las%20Vegas%20S1%20Uniforms_zpsu7411p25.

1 hour ago, Phil B. said:

Wow great work. I can see Cologne in the Alabama uniforms but they really yell Troy to me. Pearl City is what the Dolphins should look like.  Look forward to more

Thanks! Glad to see there is still someone following along haha. Yeah the Troy similarities will jump out even more as I show all of the uniforms progression over the previous seasons up unto what I have made for them in the present time. In fact, the present uniforms I have created are very similar to Troy, the "sword" stripe that the Gladiators use are completely inspired from Troy.

I have Louisville, South Carolina and San Antonio's season 1 uniforms done. I'm going to work on Memphis tomorrow sometime and see if I can post all four when I'm done. Did anyone checkout the full summary for season 1? If so, what did you think about it? Is it too much writing or is fun to follow along with. I'll be doing a uniform recap through season 3 and after that the season 4-7 uniforms will be the same for each team for all four of those seasons. After that we can finally get into this season and the uniforms I have made for the present time. 

I wanted to ask too if you guys have ideas on how I should present this throughout the season? I'd like to have a base roster for every team created by the time I am ready to "simulate" present games. I may just post some quick fictional recaps throughout the season and some photo realistic images of players who will be in the league that NFL teams may be taking a look at. Just some ideas I have for how this thread will be progressing and evolving over the course of the season.

6 hours ago, bigmike said:

Thanks! Glad to see there is still someone following along haha. Yeah the Troy similarities will jump out even more as I show all of the uniforms progression over the previous seasons up unto what I have made for them in the present time. In fact, the present uniforms I have created are very similar to Troy, the "sword" stripe that the Gladiators use are completely inspired from Troy.

I have Louisville, South Carolina and San Antonio's season 1 uniforms done. I'm going to work on Memphis tomorrow sometime and see if I can post all four when I'm done. Did anyone checkout the full summary for season 1? If so, what did you think about it? Is it too much writing or is fun to follow along with. I'll be doing a uniform recap through season 3 and after that the season 4-7 uniforms will be the same for each team for all four of those seasons. After that we can finally get into this season and the uniforms I have made for the present time. 

I wanted to ask too if you guys have ideas on how I should present this throughout the season? I'd like to have a base roster for every team created by the time I am ready to "simulate" present games. I may just post some quick fictional recaps throughout the season and some photo realistic images of players who will be in the league that NFL teams may be taking a look at. Just some ideas I have for how this thread will be progressing and evolving over the course of the season.

I loved the full summary, it really helps you realize what went on around the league every week, ending with the... uh... Minor Bowl?

ExJworW.png

Louisville Shockers: Another logo set created by raysox. I actually created the uniforms and originally the piping went onto the sleeve but I tweaked it to go around the sleeve cap instead. It makes more sense with the similar template used for each team. The pants are different than the rest of the leagues. I wanted to keep the piping from the others but just make it straight down like it originally was, makes the stripe look too clunky but I could have seen Under Armor doing something like this back in the day. Thankfully, the Shockers would update their look all around after this season and went from being one of the weakest looks in the league to being one of the strongest and most unique looks in the league. Some notable players include QB Aaron Brooks, HB Najeh Davenport, WR Bryant Johnson and LB Andra Davis. I just realized that the Shockers technically had one more loss and Boise technically had one more win because they played each other in the "Bronze Bowl" which was a 3rd place game for the league but I'm not going to count that game in the records for now.

Louisville%20S1%20Uniforms_zpsim7s4hu1.j

Memphis Kings: These logos and uniforms were created by raysox originally as well. They also featured a logo of Elvis' head as their team name and colors are a homage to the King of Rock and Roll himself. While this look is pretty clean and the jerseys are not bad IMO, I think the helmet and pants made this a weak set, their uniforms would improve over the next couple of seasons though. Somehow we let Chad Pennington in the league while he was actually starting in the NFL. Given his injury history, I like to think that he decided to have this one season stint with the Kings as a way to rehabilitate. Their other notable players included HB Michael Bush, the late WR Chris Henry as well as WR David Boston and LB Al Wilson.

Memphis%20S1%20Uniforms_zpsw8emk7ps.jpg

San Antonio Nightmare: One of the more controversial looks in our league. Honestly, looking back at it, it really isn't that bad. I gave a lot of grief to @ChuckDownfieldover his logo and color scheme but it wasn't a terrible look. I do think their new logos and color schemes which would be debuted after this season were a much stronger look as this logo became weaker just because of all the upgraded packages around the league. The uniforms are some of my favorite though, really good modern Under Armor design and it is was a little bit more unique than some of the other looks in the league. They were originally set to play in Portland but relocated to San Antonio before the first season. Notable players included QB Chris Leak, HB Shaun Alexander, CB Antonie Cason and LB Demorrio Williams.

San%20Antonio%20S1%20Uniforms_zpsj2t23yx

South Carolina RedHawks: @Firefly created these logos as well as the helmet. I believe that I created the uniforms as well. The uniforms are a little generic but I think the colors were all balanced pretty well with this set for the most part. The RedHawks were one of the worst teams in the league, they would relocate to Quebec after this season. Some of their notable players included QB Koy Detmer, HB Travis Henry (who was traded to Pearl City in Week 5), HB Kevin Faulk and LB Bradie James.

South%20Carolina%20S1%20Uniforms_zpstrrh

So that completes the Season 1 recap. The thread is a little dead right now but I am hoping it will liven up the more I progress with this. I'll post the Season 2 recap soon, I have to recreate all of the uniforms for it as well. Some of the stadiums for the 2016 season are completed already but I will wait to post those until I get to this season. Let me know your thoughts on the first season as well as your favorite teams and things like that.

Season 2 Summary (Reality: JULY 2009-APR 2010, AT: JAN 2010-MAR 2010)

·      Season Play: First off let me explain the reality of this season. Our fantasy league got greedy and tried simming a second season in the summer/fall instead of waiting until January. It was the league at its worst as we had owners constantly bickering and had numerous time constraints involving our simulations. Ultimately we plowed through and decided to end the season in a tournament after 6 “weeks” of games were played.

Alternate Timeline Season: In the fictional reality. The story of the 2010 season goes like this. Games were kicked off in January 2010 and the league played for 5 weeks before a pending strike began to cloud the season’s future. Week 6 was played but coaches and players went on strike after the week ended which led to games being stalled for a week. The resolution saw the league resolving cap room and contract situations as well as resulting in the Minor League Football’s Coaches and Players Association. This would lead to a season ending tournament which was seeded based on the 6 season games played before. The league had taken on two expansion teams before the season started, one in the West known as the Albuquerque 47’s and one in the East known as the Connecticut Navy. The South Carolina Redhawks also changed ownership before the season and elected to relocate to Quebec City where they became the Quebec Polaires giving Minor League Footall it’s first Canadian team. The 47’s were the regular season’s worst team going winless while the Gladiators and Tropics seemed to be on a collision course for the championship with only one loss by the end of the season. The season ending tournament which served as the playoffs saw the 47’s go on an improbable winning streak winning out the West and making it all the way to the Championship. The East would see .500 team Quebec lead a charge all the way to the championship as well delivering a crushing 24-7 blow over the season favorite Gladiators. Albuquerque’s Cinderella tournament results came to a crashing end when the Quebec Polaires proved to be the superior team winning the MLF Championship 20-0 behind the arm of QB Jake Plummer.

·      Playoffs: The playoffs featured the Boise vs Las Vegas and Louisville vs Alabama. Alabama and Las Vegas were the favorites as they won their conferences and they would wind up in the Championship game just as expected. The Championship was every bit as exciting as you could expect it to be coming down to the wire. Ryan Leaf led the Aces to a 14-12 lead late in the game and the Gladiators led by David Carr drove down the field putting Mike Vanderjagt in a spot to kick a game-winning field goal. Vanderjagt hooked the kick however and the Aces won the Championship.

·      Standings:

EAST: QUE 7-3, AL 5-2, CON 4-4, LOU 3-4, MEM 3-4

WEST: ALB 3-7, HAW 5-2, BOI 4-3, LV 4-4, SA 2-5

ASG: NONE

PLAYOFF RESULTS:

Round 1

ALB 24-7 SA

MEM 20-27 QUE

Round 2

LV 27-24 HAW

ALB 20-14 BOI

LOU 24-45 CON

QUE 24-7 AL

Conf. Championships

ALB 35-27 LV

QUE 38-23 CON

MLFC2: QUE 20-0 ALB

·      Notable Players

LEAGUE MVP: Connecticut HB Rudi Johnson

Offensive POY: Las Vegas QB John Parker Wilson

Defensive POY: Alabama LB Takeo Spikes

Comeback POY: Alabama QB Michael Vick

PLAYOFF MVP: Quebec Jake Plummer

Former University of Alabama QB John Parker Wilson had a breakout year relieving season 1 MVP Ryan Leaf who was suspended for the entire season.

Louisville’s QB Aaron Brooks led the league in Passing Touchdowns while their HB Najeh Davenport led the league in Rushing Touchdowns (Davenport became a superstar in season 3).

MVP Rudi Johnson led the league in rushing yards for the Connecticut Navy expansion team. Johnson was originally drafted by Boise in season 1 before being dealt to Alabama at that season’s trade deadline. He was then traded to Connecticut in exchange for the #1 overall pick in the MLF draft.

Boise’s WR Patrick Crayton led the league in receiving yards and the league saw a 3 way tie for receiving touchdowns between former college standout DJ Hall and former NFL stars Joey Galloway and Joe Horn.

I don't know that I will have any jerseys up soon. I've got a pretty busy week with class and work but I am going to try and get started on them in the next couple of days when I have some down time.

• 4 weeks later...

Season 3 Summary (Reality: JULY 2010-OCT 2010, AT: JAN 2011-MAR 2011)

·      Season Play: Season 3 kicked off with a boom. We got the hang of simulation back down and had one of most successful season all around in the league. The Albuquerque 47’s moved to Lincoln and became the Pioneers. In the Pioneers first season, their roster rode their winning streak from season 2’s tournament and looked for revenge after being shut out in the Championship game. They were easily the most consistent team in the West with big time players, former NFL QB Dante Cullpepper, HB Dominic Rhodes and superstar rookie DB Justin Woodall. The East once again saw a three-way race between it’s juggernaut offensive teams Louisville, Alabama and Quebec. Louisville had the most consistent team all year finishing the season with the best record in the league at 7-3 behind rookie QB Jevan Snead and star HB Najeh Davenport. The Gladiators continued their winning tradition in QB Michael Vick’s final MLF season where he won the MVP award after leading the league in total yards and total touchdowns. This season also saw the fall of former playoff teams Las Vegas and Boise who both finished 4-6 after some misfortunate injurys. The Navy saw the resurgence of former Hawaii QB Jason White but a season ending injury to former MVP Rudi Johnson derailed their season. Despite a good defense, the Memphis Kings just did not have the offensive pieces to keep up with the rest of the East. Hawaii continued their season 2 success as they advanced to the playoffs to take on San Antonio who were also one of the best offensive teams in the league behind veteran QB David Carr and star rookie HB Lagarrett Blount.

Alternate Timeline: In reality, this league kicked off in 2010 as we had more time for simulation during the summer. In the alternate timeline however, this league really did not “kickoff” until 2011. This also explains the reason Michael Vick actually played in this season considering he became the Eagle’s starting QB during the 2010 season. We will say for fantasy and alternate timeline’s sake that the Eagles allowed Vick to play one more season with the Gladiators in the NFL’s offseason to honor his “contract.” I like to think Vick pleaded for this to happen as well because Alabama owner Michael Harbison was one his biggest supporters for his reinstatement into the league after his successful 2010 spring campaign with the Gladiators. The league was also known for giving various NFL players an opportunity for more playing time and I like to believe many of these players viewed the original MLF has a good way to remain in football shape and round out their NFL game during the offseason.

·      Playoffs: San Antonio finally broke into the playoffs and pulled off an upset against the Tropics. The Gladiators got revenge on the Polaires in the East’s best rivalry and were able to advance to the Conference Championship as well. However, the regular season leaders Lincoln and Louisville were able to hold off the Nightmare and Gladiators and advanced to the 3rd Minor League Football Championship. The Championship was an outstanding game, Snead and Cullpepper battled each other out with very even statistics in the game and avoided turnovers. Lincoln had a surprising edge in the rushing game using their two-back system of Dominic Rhodes and Edgerrin James. Lincoln jumped out to a 10 point lead but the Shockers were able to cut the lead to 3 points before halftime with Snead completing a touchdown pass 34 seconds before the half. The Shockers jumped out to their first lead in the 3rd quarter when reserve HB Chris Brown ran in for a one-yard touchdown. The game continued going back and forth with Lincoln eventually taking a 20-14 lead in the 4th quarter. The Shockers drove down the field under a minute and Snead threw his second touchdown pass of the game to pull the Shockers ahead 21-20 with just 47 seconds to go. Dante Cullpepper led his best drive of the game setting up Mike Vanderjagt for a 17-yard field goal. The former NFL veteran kicker had been here before in season 1 missing what would have been the game winning field goal for his former team Alabama but he nailed the short field goal as time expired to deliver Lincoln their first Championship.

·      Standings:

EAST: LOU 7-3, AL 6-4, QUE 4-6, CON 4-6, MEM 4-6

WEST: LIN 6-4, HAW 5-5, SA 5-5, BOI 4-6, LV 4-6

ASG: WEST 48-46 EAST

PLAYOFF RESULTS:

WR1: SA 16-14 HAW

ER1: AL 24-22 QUE

WCC: LIN 35-33 SA

ECC: LOU 24-17 AL

MLFC3: LIN 23-21 LOU

·      Notable Players

LEAGUE MVP: Alabama QB Michael Vick

Offensive POY: Louisville HB Najeh Davenport

Defensive POY: Lincoln DB Justin Woodall

Comeback POY: Connecticut QB Jason White

PLAYOFF MVP: Lincoln QB Dante Cullpepper

Alabama QB Michael Vick had the best statistical season out of all of the offensive players, he led the league in total yards and total touchdowns. This would be his final season with the Gladiators as he became the starter of the Philadelphia Eagles and had a career year in the NFL officially stamping his mark in his NFL comeback. They also featured a dominant defense once again led by former DPOY Takeo Spikes and breakout star rookie Kevin Basped who led the league in tackles for loss and sacks.

San Antonio QB David Carr had a dominant year as well as the Nightmare employed a air raid attack. They also featured one of the most dominant wideouts in the league with WR Charles Rogers. HB LeGarette Blount also had a large amount of success in his one and only MLF season leading the West in rushing touchdowns and finishing 3rd overall in the league in rushing yards.

Despite somewhat of a down year, Quebec’s star QB Jake Plummer would lead the league in touchdown passes with his favorite target being former NFL great Joe Horn.

Louisville featured the most dominant offense. Rookie QB Jevan Snead had a breakout year replacing veteran QB Aaron Brooks and HB Najeh Davenport was easily the leagues best HB being the only back to rush for over 1,000 yards and finishing with a league best 11 rushing touchdowns.

Connecticut replaced former veteran QB Jon Kitna whose season ended early because of injury with former Hawai’i starter Jason White. Their star HB Rudi Johnson also experienced a season ending injury which proved to be a big hit on the Navy offense.

Hawai’i drafted former University of Hawai’i star QB Colt Brennan who had a successful season along with HB Ian Johnson. However their biggest star was first round draft pick and former Bowling Green standout WR Freddie Barnes.

Boise and Las Vegas saw their star players go down for injuries at various times during the season. The biggest one being the Ace’s QB John Parker Wilson who battled injuries all year long and was unable to recapture his magical statistical season from the previous year.

Memphis boasted the leagues best defense on paper and they produced well with Greg Wesley leading the league in tackles. However, they were unable to produce enough turnovers and their offense was extremely stale behind QB Graham Harrell to get a winning season going.

Lincoln featured the most consistent team in the entire league all year long. QB Dante Cullpepper wasn’t quite as flashy as the league’s other QBs but was able to lead a well balanced attack which featured the league’s best two-back system using Dominic Rhodes and Edgerrin James, with the former finishing 3rd overall in rushing yards. They also had one of the leagues best WR in Brandon Lloyd. Their defense featured stars in Kevin Carter who finished tied for first in the league with Alabama’s Basped in sacks. Their lockdown defensive backfield was led by rookie standout Justin Woodall who finished with a league high 4 interceptions, he was also one of the league’s best kick returners.

That is 3 seasons worth of summaries, I have one written up for the 4th season, I will post it if this generates any interest....if not, I will just post the results from Season's 4, 5, 6 and 7 without a summary. It is probably too much writing as is and to be honest I just want to go ahead and get to the uniforms and the team designs which is what I should have just started out with in the first place. I do still plan on posting Season 2's uniforms. I have most of them done I believe but after that I am going to go ahead and start on this season and if I decide to go back and work on the old ones I will do that after. School, work and the new madden have been taking my time completely away from concepts but I am ready to dive back in after a little hiatus. I will be posting logo sheets and uniforms periodically throughout the NFL season along with a base roster for each team (already have Alabama's done). I will post week by week uniform match-ups and game results as well. I think I said I would start in Week 2 of the NFL but I might wait till Week 3. I had plans to revisit my NFL thread from the summer as well and I will likely end up doing that with the color rush uniforms released. So stay tuned!

Season 4 Summary (AT: JAN 2012-MAR 2012)

·      Season Play: Heading into season 4 saw some big storylines. Alabama lost MVP QB Michael Vick and replaced him with the Alabama native and former West Virginia Quarterback Pat White who would be playing his rookie season. The story of this season however would be Boise and Orlando. Memphis packed up their bags and relocated to Orlando to become the Orchards, while this team had been on the brink the previous 3 years, they had never been able to make the playoffs. However they built their defense to become the best in the league and drafted JaMarcus Russell number 1 overall which turned out to be a successful move for the Orchards. The Boise Grizzlies saw Shaun King retire but continued to ride the late season success of the comeback player of the year Quincy Carter and had the most consistent team in the western conference. Former conference champions Louisville and Lincoln started out strong enough to stay in the hunt for most of the season but with the injury of star runningback Najeh Davenport and the re-emerged Polaires, the Shockers would fall from grace and the Polaires clinched for the final East playoff spot at the end of the season. The Gladiators suffered a bump in the road during the middle of the season but were able to finish on a tear jolting them into 2nd place while the new look Orchards became dominant enough to finish the season at with the league’s best record. The Grizzlies hung on to win out the West despite a late season surge from the Nightmare and Lincoln held off Las Vegas for the final playoff spot. Hawaii proved to be the worst team with a bland defense and the concussion problems suffered by Colt Brennan who tried playing despite an off-season injury due to a car wreck. Connecticut also saw a lost season as Jason White could not recapture the magic he had in season 3.

·      Playoffs: The playoffs saw a rematch between last season’s divisional round between Quebec and Alabama. Despite the history of the rivalry, Alabama’s continued their strong finish to the season with a dominant performance against Quebec and won easily behind the arm and legs of rookie QB Pat White as well as their defense. San Antonio hosted the defending champions in Lincoln which led to an instant classic. The teams matched each other blow for blow until the Nightmare were able to take a late 7-point lead and hold off the Pioneers to advance to the Conference Championship. In the Conference Championship, Orlando and Alabama played what was easily considered the best game of the year. The Orchards took an early lead intercepting Pat White at halftime leading to a 17-14 lead. The two teams continued their shootout in the second half as the Gladiators were able to tie the game with seconds ticking off in regulation to push it to Overtime with a score of 27-27. Both teams scored in the first overtime with Alabama scoring first in the second overtime and picking off Russell to advance to the Championship. Boise hosted San Antonio in another close match-up, they were able to go down to the wire with the Nightmare as Quincy Carter drove the team into scoring position to win 27-24. In the Championship game, Boise took an early 17-10 lead at halftime but the Gladiators proved to be too much in the second half outscoring the Grizzlies 20-3 on the legs of Rudi Johnson who led the Gladiators to their first ever Championship in 4 seasons.  

·      Standings:

EAST: AL 10-3 (5-3) (3-0), ORL 8-3 (7-1) (0-1), QUE 5-6 (4-4) (0-1), LOU 3-7 (3-5), CON 2-8 (1-7)

WEST: BOI 8-4 (7-1) (1-1), SA 7-5 (6-2) (1-1), LIN 5-6 (4-4) (0-1), LV 4-6 (3-5), HAW 2-8 (2-6)

ASG: WEST 34 – EAST 31

PLAYOFF RESULTS:

WR1: SA 27-20 LIN

ER1: AL 44-14 QUE

WCC: BOI 27-24 SA

ECC: AL 41-34 ORL 2 OT

MLFC4: AL 30-20 BOI

·      Notable Players

LEAGUE MVP: Orlando WR Marvin Harrison

Offensive POY: San Antonio QB David Carr

Defensive POY: Alabama DE Kevin Basped

Comeback POY: Boise QB Quincy Carter

ROY: Alabama QB Pat White

PLAYOFF MVP: Alabama HB Rudi Johnson

I simulated every game with a ratings system and a coin flip system. The way this worked went like this. I rated each teams positions and averaged those together to create a rating for the team’s Overall, Offense, Defense and Special Teams. If they had a higher rating than their opponent they would win that “coin flip” automatically. A lot of teams tied in these ratings and the tie braker would be an actual coin flip. Teams were also awarded 1 coin flip for having home field advantage. The only games that this rating featured an actual coin flip was the Globe Game between Lincoln and Louisville in week 1 and Boise and Alabama in the Championship. I then flipped a coin 5 more times and who ever won the most flips out of 10 won the game. As I would flip a coin, I would come up with a story to go along with it. If the coin flip was tied at 5-5. I would flip for overtime, if a team won 2 flips in a row, they would win in 1 overtime, if the teams split the first two times, they would enter a second overtime. Notable overtime games featured a late season game where Boise officially knocked Las Vegas out of the playoffs and ended in 4 Overtimes with a final score of 51-48 in Boise’s favor and the Conference Championship between Alabama and Memphis which ended in 2 Overtimes in Alabama’s favor 41-34.

I figured I might as well post this one as well since I wrote it up. Season's 5, 6 and 7 will all just be posted results as I do not want to continue bogging this thread down with the write-ups for now. I could revisit that at some point but I will at least post the results which have already been simulated so everyone can see the official history. With that being said, I can finally get to this season and the uniforms as well as the new faces of each franchise! I will try my best to post some of this stuff this weekend but we will see what happens. 

There is a Pro Football Coach, a mobile game app which only cost a dollar. It is similar to College Football Coach (which is Free) which I recently played. It is a simulation game with alot of user control and realistic AI in this. only thing is that it doesn't have much of defensive stats. But hey this one might works out for a fictional football league. I played College Football Coach so far 12 national championships and 33 conference championships as the year is now 2058...... yes 2058. I probably will be dead at that time. LOL

Alamo%2BBowl_sig.png

Liberty Bowl_sig.png

FEAR THE FROG! LET'S GO TCU!!

Season 5 Results (SPRING 2013):

1. Boise Grizzlies: MLF Champions, Western Conference Champions, Finished season 1st in West. Quincy Carter rides high in what would be his final season as he retired a champion and was arrested after the season concluded for off the field issues. Grizzlies featured most consistent team overall in the entire league.  

2. Orlando Orchards: Lost MLF Championship, Eastern Conference Champions, Finished season 1st in East. Orlando comes one step closer to winning a championship and finished the East with the best record for the second year in a row.

3. Las Vegas Aces: Finished season 3rd in West, Defeated Lincoln in Divisional Round, Lost Western Conference Championship. QB John Parker Wilson has comeback season after dealing with injuries in previous seasons. Stronger defense led to more victories.

4. Louisville Shockers: Finished season 2nd in East, Defeated Alabama in Divisional Round, Lost Eastern Conference Championship. Shockers return to the playoffs led by QB Jevan Snead who finished 2nd in OPOY voting.

5. Lincoln Pioneers: Finished season 2nd in West, Lost Divisional Round. Continued previous success during season but could not beat out the surging Aces and superior Grizzlies.

6. Alabama Gladiators: Finished season 3rd in East, Lost Divisional Round. Minor injuries to the defense and star HB Rudi Johnson gave team difficulties defending their championship from 2012.

7. Hawai'i Tropics: Finished one spot out of playoffs in tight race with Las Vegas after finishing last place in the West in season 4.

8. Quebec Polaires: Did not reach playoffs for the first time since season 1 when the team was located in South Carolina.

9. San Antonio Nightmare: Losing LaGarrette Blount and injuries derailed San Antonio's season, finished last in the West.

10. Connecticut Navy: Youngest team in MLF shows signs of optimism but young mistakes cause them to finish last in the league.

Season 6 Results (SPRING 2014):

1. Hawai'i Tropics: MLF Champions, Western Conference Champions, Finished season 3rd in West. Led by a fast speedy offense full of weapons like QB Colt Brennan and HB Ian Johnson, the Tropics not only returned to the playoffs for the first time since season 3 but made it all the way to the Championship and won. WR Freddie Barnes became the second non QB/HB to win the MVP award. 

2. Louisville Shockers: Finished season 1st in East, Defeated Orlando in Eastern Conference Championship. Shockers return to their second ever Championship game as the favorite to win but their powerful air attack could not match the Tropics. Defensive improvements led to the Shockers de-throning Orlando in the East.

3. Lincoln Pioneers: Finished season 1st in West, Defeated Boise in Divisional Round, Lost Western Conference Championship. Pioneers overpower Boise as best team in the West during the regular season, consistency continues to be a big part of the team's winning formula.

4. Boise Grizzlies: Finished 2nd in West, Lost Divisional Round to Lincoln. Boise turned to MLF journeyman Jason White to lead the team after his contract ran out with Connecticut. White proved to be a good game manager but could not win the playoff game for Boise.

5. Orlando Orchards: Finished season 2nd in East, Lost Divisional Round. The team struggled to play well in playoffs because of injuries and loss of key players on defense.

6. Connecticut Navy: Finished season 3rd in East, Lost Divisional Round. Navy finally break the playoff seal beyond their young team but are well over-matched by Orlando.

7. San Antonio Nightmare: Nightmare showed signs of improvement but could not get back to the playoffs..

8. Alabama Gladiators: Gladiators fail to reach the playoffs for the first time ever in the history of the MLF. QB Pat White suffered two concussions throughout the season which would ultimately lead to his early retirement after the season. The defense went into a rebuilding year as well.

9. Quebec Polaires: After numerous retirements including veteran star QB Jake Plummer, Quebec went into a rebuilding year and finished last in the East.

10. Las Vegas Aces: Like the Polaires, the Aces lost numerous starters to retirement and John Parker Wilson once again dealt with injury. The Aces would decide to move on from Wilson and decided they would rebuild at season's end.

Season 7 Results (SPRING 2015):

1. Connecticut Navy: MLF Champions, Eastern Conference Champions, Finished season 2nd in the East. After years of building up young players the Navy broke through the playoffs and went on their first Championship run. They would be the final Champions of the former Minor League Football before the NFL officially bought out the league to become an instructional farm system. It should also be noted that in 7 seasons the MLF never had a team win more than one championship!

2. Hawaii'i Tropics: Finished season 1st in West, Defeated Boise in Western Conference Championship. The Tropics had the chance to repeat as MLF Champions but in one of the greatest MLF championships ever, the Navy defeated the Tropics.

3. Alabama Gladiators: Finished season 1st in the East, Defeated Orlando in the Divisional Round, Lost Eastern Conference Championship. After Pat White's retirement, The Gladiators brought in former Ace's QB John Parker Wilson who played in his hometown Hoover for his final MLF season and he led the team to a strong season overall but could not lead the Gladiators back to the championship.

4. Boise Grizzlies: Finished 2nd in West, Lost Divisional Round to Lincoln. Boise continues their consistent playoff run but failed to reach the Championship losing to Hawai'i in the playoffs for the second year in a row.

5. Orlando Orchards: Finished season 3rd in East, Lost Divisional Round. Since Memphis relocated to Orlando they have made the playoffs every season and what looked to be a strong finish to the season was stopped short as the Orchards fail once again to get a win vs rival Alabama in the playoffs.

6. Lincoln Pioneers: Finished season 3rd in West, Lost Divisional Round. Like Boise the Pioneers have created a tradition of making the playoffs each year but once again fell short.

7. Las Vegas Aces

8. Quebec Polaires

9. San Antonio Nightmare

10. Louisville Shockers

MLF Champions: Las Vegas Aces (2009), Quebec Polaires (2010), Lincoln Pioneers (2011), Alabama Gladiators (2012), Boise Grizzlies (2013), Hawai'i Tropics (2014), Connecticut Navy (2015)

Teams to never win a Championship: Louisville (2 appearances), Orlando (1 appearance), San Antonio (0 appearances)

And with that, the entire history recap of the MLF previous seasons is officially over. I have Alabama's uniforms ready to post, I may try and get to them tonight. Still hoping for some more interest once the uniforms are posted. I will post each team's Primary Home/Away Uniforms as well as two Alternate options. Each team will have retro uniforms this season as well but I will not post those until retro week comes up. I still have to work on rosters for all of the teams a little bit but I am going to do that some throughout the rest of this week and I will start posting weekly match-ups and game results throughout the season. A couple of more notes, I have looked into the Pro Football Coach app, unfortunately there is not an app for iOS at the moment. I downloaded the college version but there isn't much customization to it unless I am just unfamiliar with app. If anyone knows of an app that would allow me to pick the number of teams and customize the ratings and such myself I would love to do the simulation that way but I have yet to find something as user friendly as I am describing.

Okay so the moment is finally here, starting off the NFL's new Minor Football League uniform reveal is the Alabama Gladiators!

ALABAMA GLADIATORS (Atlanta Falcons/Tennessee Titans Affiliate): Logo Sheet

Before I get into the uniforms, I'll talk about the roster and post a link to the logo sheet once again. 29Texan was working on the stadium for me but unfortunately was unable to finish it, I may still post what he did send me at some point but for now I'll wait. The Gladiators are the official affiliate of the Atlanta Falcons and Tennessee Titans. They will feature all of the Titans and Falcons practice squad members for the 2016 season. Some of notable guys from each team include QB Matt Simms and HB Blake Sims. Michael Vick announced that would play one more season of football and since no NFL team has signed him yet, he decided to sign a one year contract with his former minor league team in hopes of staying in shape for a possible NFL signing. The team also includes former Gladiator stars at defensive line in Kevin Basped and Derrick Harvey as well as defensive backs Tyrell Johnson and David Pender. The team took a numerous amount of Alabama, Auburn, UAB and Troy alumni in the Regional draft that includes college standouts like HB Trent Richardson, WR Roddy White (playing with his former teammate Vick), WR Kodi Burns, OL Barrett Jones, LB Nico Johnson and FS Brandon Condren. At some point I will make each team's roster available to view but for now I will just do a write up summarizing some of the players.

Primary Uniforms: The Gladiators have decided to modernize the look that they wore from seasons 2-7. Nike came up with a design similar to the Cleveland Browns in having the sleeve stripe extend to the collarbone with the sword point. Two-toned stripes are back as they have been a key design element for the Gladiators throughout their history. They also feature a new custom two-toned font to match the striping pattern and for the first time the sword stripes adopt a two-toned red pattern on the white jerseys. I went monochrome for the primary looks, as the all-red and all-black looks were always popular for the Gladiators in season's past. I should also note that the NFL logos seen at the bottom are from my NFL series and are featured in black and white circle decals on the back of the helmet.

Primary%20Presentation%20AG_zpszlbwwnbr.

Alternate Uniforms: Although White and Red pants would likely be options for the primary uniforms to mix and match, the primary away uniforms focus on using black as a nod to the Gladiator's first uniforms.

Alternate%20Presentation%20AG_zpszr7noru

Next up will be Albuquerque!

Archived