Premier League x Baseball Crossover (Southampton Saints added 13/20) (Temporarily Inactive)

Victormrey

Hi everybody. As some of you may know, this is my third series.

The first one was about baseball, the second one was about soccer, and for this one I deicded to imagine what if the clubs from the (British) Premier League were Baseball teams.

Each team will have three uniforms: a white or off-white home, a grey road and an alt one, which I will try to make close to the actual soccer kits.

Baseball Premier League Logo.png

First of all, let's start introducing the clubs' names:

-Arsenal FC: London Gunners

-AFC Bournemouth: Bournemouth Cherries

-Burnley FC: Burnley Clarets

-Chelsea FC: Chelsea Blues

-Crystal Palace FC: London Eagles

-Everton FC: Merseyside Toffees

-Hull City AFC: Hull Tigers

-Leicester City FC: Leicester City Foxes

-Liverpool FC: Liverpool Reds

-Manchester City FC: Manchester Citizens

-Manchester United FC: Manchester Red Devils

-Middlesbrough FC: Boro Smoggies

-Southampton FC: Southampton Saints

-Stoke City FC: Stoke Potters

-Sunderland AFC: Sunderland Black Cats

-Swansea City AFC: Swansea Swans

-Tottenham Hotspur FC: Tottenham Spurs

-Watford FC: Watford Hornets

-West Bromwich Albion FC: West Bromwich Throstles

-West Ham United FC: London Hammers

Alternative Name Ideas:

-Sunderland: Tyneside Black Cats

I'll be doing and posting the designs in alphabetical order (like the list) above. Each team will have a cap logo different to their actual crest, and this (the actual crest) will be featured on the left sleeve of the unis. I'm also thinking on featuring the league badge on the right sleeve.

C&C appreciated!

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you guys for the feedback! Now, let's start with the first team.

LONDON GUNNERS (ARSENAL FC)

Arsenal FC are know as The Gunners becuase, back in 1886, Woolwich Munitions workers founded the club. The colours chosen are red, white and navy, which the club have used for most of their history. The primary logo is a design often used by the fans, which consists on a simplified rounded version of the club's crest, and the cap logo is inspired by the Highbury's Art Deco logo, using just a G.

Baseball Premier League London Gunners Logo Sheet.png

The home and road uniforms feature the tradtional white and grey with red and navy details, while the alternate uniform is mainly red with white sleeve, based on the club's tradtional look.

Baseball Premier League London Gunners Home Uniform.png

Baseball Premier League London Gunners Road Uniform.png

Baseball Premier League London Gunners Alt Uniform.png

I really like the uniforms and the primary logo, I think they work well and I like the third kit a lot because yes its based off of an actual arsenal kit but its actually would work in reality as a baseball uniform. I think the cap logo just doesn't work I realize what your trying to do but I don't think the "G" works in that art deco style, maybe try an "L" for London.

16 hours ago, Jaffa said:

Just one thing to note on your names - Sunderland is on Wearside, not Tyneside. ;)

Thanks for the info, I will take it into account in case I decide not to use "Sunderland" as city name.

12 hours ago, Aggie12 said:

I really like the uniforms and the primary logo, I think they work well and I like the third kit a lot because yes its based off of an actual arsenal kit but its actually would work in reality as a baseball uniform. I think the cap logo just doesn't work I realize what your trying to do but I don't think the "G" works in that art deco style, maybe try an "L" for London.

Thank you for the feedback. Honestly, I'm doubtful about the cap logo. I want to use the G, in order to distinguish them from other London teams, I'll be working on it.

Let's continue with the southernmost team of the league.

BOURNEMOUTH CHERRIES (AFC BOURNEMOUTH)

For Bournemouth I decided to use Cherries because it's the club main nickname, taken from their colours. The colours chosen are red and black. The main logo is a bunch of cherries in red and black, and the cap logo consists on a B and a C put together and a cherry inside the C.

Baseball Premier League Bournemouth Cherries Logo Sheet.png

The home uniform is off-white/cream, inspired by the Bournemouth coast, which is one of the main resort destinations in the UK. The road uniform is grey, and the alternate is mainly red with black pinstripes (the club actually uses red and black stripes, but I don't think that would fit a baseball uni, so I decided to go for pinstripes, which have been used by the club a couple of times).

Baseball Premier League BMouth Cherries Home Uniform.png

Baseball Premier League BMouth Cherries Road Uniform.png

Baseball Premier League BMouth Cherries Alt Uniform.png

On 14/8/2016 at 3:05 PM, Aggie12 said:

Really like Bournemouth, I love the retro style that the overall look has

On 14/8/2016 at 3:13 PM, coco1997 said:

That Bournemouth uniform is simply fantastic. Everything from the logo to the cream home jersey to the red pinstriped alt is just top-notch.  

Thank you guys!

On 14/8/2016 at 6:32 PM, Jvhn177 said:

Really like Bournemouth, not sure how if feel about Arsenal's cap logo

Thanks. About the Arsenal logo, I'm working on it.

Time for The Clarets!

BURNLEY CLARETS (BURNLEY FC)

This one is easy, Burnley FC are known as The Clarets because that's the main colour of their kits since 1910. The colours chosen are claret and light blue. The primary logo is an own version of their actual crest and the cap logo is a B and a C inside of a honeycomb, inspired by the bees from the crest.

Baseball Premier League Burnley Clarets Logo Sheet.png

The home uniform is white, the road is grey, and the alternate is inspired by the club's 1960 kit, season in which the club won their last league title.

Baseball Premier League Burnley Clarets Home Uniform.png

Burnley Clarets Road Uniform Test.png

Baseball Premier League Burnley Clarets Alt Uniform.png

5 minutes ago, coco1997 said:

I love the color scheme for the Clarets.

I would arch the wordmark on either the home or road set, and for the alternate, put either the primary or cap logo as a crest on the front of the jersey.

he's putting the main crest on the sleeve, and I would agree with maybe arching the Burnley wordmark

Really like Burnley, I like both the logos and I think all the uniforms work really well

38 minutes ago, coco1997 said:

I love the color scheme for the Clarets.

I would arch the wordmark on either the home or road set, and for the alternate, put either the primary or cap logo as a crest on the front of the jersey.

31 minutes ago, Aggie12 said:

He's putting the main crest on the sleeve, and I would agree with maybe arching the Burnley wordmark

Really like Burnley, I like both the logos and I think all the uniforms work really well

Thank you for the feedback. About using the logo on the alt, I wanted to keep it on the sleeve, in order not to make all the team alt designs in the same style.

About the road wordmark, how about something like this?

Burnley Clarets Wordmark Test.png

Archived