Premier League x Baseball Crossover (Southampton Saints added 13/20) (Temporarily Inactive)

Victormrey

5 hours ago, Aggie12 said:

City looks really good

5 hours ago, coco1997 said:

Excellent job! No complaints here.

Thank you guys!

So, given we've reached the half of the series, I've already had an idea for a future series: LVBP (Venezuelan Baseball League) Tweak. What do you think? Would it be fine?

I've also thought on doing a MLB Tweak series, but I think there are a couple of them already, and mine wouldn't be the best.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Victormrey said:

So, given we've reached the half of the series, I've already had an idea for a future series: LVBP (Venezuelan Baseball League) Tweak. What do you think? Would it be fine?

Of course! Keep these series going! 

2 hours ago, Victormrey said:

I've also thought on doing a MLB Tweak series, but I think there are a couple of them already, and mine wouldn't be the best.

Don't let this stop you, man! I for one am very interested in seeing what a Spanish baseball fan's ideas for MLB would be. 

9 hours ago, coco1997 said:

Of course! Keep these series going! 

Don't let this stop you, man! I for one am very interested in seeing what a Spanish baseball fan's ideas for MLB would be. 

Thanks for the feedback! I think that, after finishing this series, I'll start looking for wordmarks, logos, etc. from the Venezuelan League, and if I find enough stuff, I'll do a tweak series for it. If not, I'll do it for the MLB.

Let's continue the series with the other team from Manchester.

MACHESTER RED DEVILS (MANCHESTER UNITED FC)

The devil stems from the club's nickname "The Red Devils"; it was included on club programmes and scarves in the 1960s, and incorporated into the club crest in 1970. The primary logo is taken from the club's crest, the cap logo is made by a R and a D put together. I also used another logo for the uniform sleeves.

Baseball Premier League Manchester Red Devils Logo Sheet.png

The home and road uniforms are white and grey with red and black details, while the alternate uni is inspired by the United classic look.

Baseball Premier League Manchester Red Devils Home Uniform.pngBaseball Premier League Manchester Red Devils Road Uniform.pngBaseball Premier League Manchester Red Devils Alt Uniform.png

The next team probably have the most interesting nickname.

BORO SMOGGIES (MIDDLESBROUGH FC)

"The nickname Smoggies was first used as a derogatory term by opposing supporters; it relates to the industrial air pollution (smog) that used to hang over the town, but it was later used by Middlesbrough fans in a somewhat self-deprecating manner before finally being adopted as a badge of pride by supporters of the club". The primary logo is the former club's crest, and the cap logo is B shaped S (or a S shaped B).

Baseball Premier League Boro Smoggies Logo Sheet.png

The home and road uniforms feature the tradtional white and grey with red sleeves, while the alternate uniform uses red top and socks, and white pants, inspired by the club's tradtional look.

Baseball Premier League Boro Smoggies Home Uniform.pngBaseball Premier League Boro Smoggies Road Uniform.pngBaseball Premier League Boro Smoggies Alt Uniform.png

37 minutes ago, coco1997 said:

The Smoggies look good. I guess my only complaint is that they have a nearly identical color scheme to the Red Devils. 

Thanks, and well, I can't really change the colours, given I'm sticking to the clubs' traditional schemes. The funny thing? The next three clubs have almost the same colour scheme :upside:

So, the next three teams (Southampton, Stoke City and Sunderland) have a similar kit style (red/white stripes + othe colours), so this is the solution I came up with in order not to make the uniform designs repetitve:

-Southampton Saints: red pinstripes and back sleeves (like the uniform used by the Reds from 2000 to 2003).

-Sunderland Potters: red pinstripes.

-Sunderland Black Cats: red pinstripes and black and gold racing stripes (like the Mets' 1986 uniform). 

Let's continue.

SOUTHAMPTON SAINTS (SOUTHAMPTON FC)

"The club has been nicknamed The Saints since its inception in 1885 due to its history as a church football team, founded as St. Mary's Church of England Young Men's Association". For the primary logo I used the club's crest, replacing the football/soccer ball for a baseball ball, and the for the cap logo I took the top part of the crest, using a S instead of the ball.

Baseball Premier League Southampton Saints Logo Sheet.png

The home uniform is white with red pinstripes and black sleeves, making a more baseball-ish approach to the club's traditional style, the road uniform is grey with black sleeves and red and white details, and the alt uni is inspired by the club's first kit.

Baseball Premier League Southampton Saints Home Uniform.pngBaseball Premier League Southampton Saints Road Uniform.pngBaseball Premier League Southampton Saints Alt Uniform.png

I like this Saints set. The home set is perfect--No issues there.

However, the mismatched black letters and red numbers on the alt is kind of jarring. Why not make the lettering red, too? 

Also, the road jersey is very busy looking. I'm not sure how exactly to fix it, but it just seems like there's a lot going on. 

49 minutes ago, coco1997 said:

I like this Saints set. The home set is perfect--No issues there.

However, the mismatched black letters and red numbers on the alt is kind of jarring. Why not make the lettering red, too? 

Also, the road jersey is very busy looking. I'm not sure how exactly to fix it, but it just seems like there's a lot going on. 

Thanks. About the alt, I tried the wordmark from the home uniform, but it didn't look really good to me, so I will keep the black letters.

How about this for the road uni?

Southampton Saints Road Uniform Test.png

So, guys, I'm afraid of announcing I'll postpone this series. I'm running out of ideas, since some of the teams share colour schemes and styles.

Of course this doesn't mean this is its end. I'll be starting a MLB tweak series made in Paint, and after finishing it, I'll take this up, with new and better ideas. 

7 minutes ago, Victormrey said:

So, guys, I'm afraid of announcing I'll postpone this series. I'm running out of ideas, since some of the teams share colour schemes and styles.

Of course this doesn't mean this is its end. I'll be starting a MLB tweak series made in Paint, and after finishing it, I'll take this up, with new and better ideas. 

Sometimes it's a good idea to step away from a project, recharge your batteries and return with a new approach.

Archived