Help with My Fantasy Football League (ULFF Round 1)

Raptorman415

I started a fantasy football league with some of my friends,and me being me, I tried to make the logo for the league.

The League is called the United League of Fantasy Football.

The 8 stars stands for each team.The 3 differently colored stars stand for the divisions, Black for the American Division and Red

for the National Division. Expect the first uniform and logo soon. 

ULFF_League_shield_mock_up_zpsmmtd0t7j_vectorized - Copy.png

Original:

Spoiler

ULFF.png

It's Me

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Raptorman415It's definitely a fine start, and I like the direction in which the logo is headed. I just have a few changes I would suggest :) 

-First off, I think this logo would look great with a navy blue outline instead of the dark grey, and white instead of the light grey. I'm thinking you want it to look metallic, but it doesn't really go well. Either make the color changes suggested, or try to add some highlights to the shield.

-Secondly, the logo looks a little pixelated. I don't know what program you're using, but I would suggest getting Inkscape (a free program most people around here use for logos, it also comes with various tutorials) to clean up your lines and make vector type logos. Of course, there are other ways to make the lines even, but that option is the easiest.

I hope that didn't come off as too harsh, because I honestly think it has the potential to be a great logo, and I only want to help you improve ;) 

Looking forward to the rest of this series!

iHxPa5Y.pngqXp6spn.png

"Winners never quit, and quitters never win." ~Vince Lombardi

This logo need a lot to be fixed before it can be considered even decent. You have the sketch, now you need to create the masterpiece. 

1. It's very sloppy. There are inconsistent line lengths everywhere. Make sure each outline is the same length on both sides and going vertically. Your going for a symmetrical look, so make the laces equal on both sides. It's leaning over. There are stray pixels sticking out and even some at the bottom uncolored. The letters aren't centered. If your using paint, centering letters can be hard, but at least make them closer to being symmetrical.

2. It's generic. Everyone uses red and blue, so use another color scheme. Individualize it. 

3. I agree with @ZionEagle that this looks pixel-ly. I'm not an expert on computer designing, but I'd take her advice use Inskcape since I can't think of an alternative (other than Adobe which is expensive).

I'm being harsh, but I think a rough logo deserves more honest and harsh critiques to make it better. I hope you accomplish in making this logo better. 

so after the inaugural season, are you always going to keep the banner on the logo? It feels pointless and unnecessary. You'll just have to use a new logo for the next year. If you keep the banner, you will have to change it every year if you add a year or season number.

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

I'd take her advice use Inskcape since I can't think of an alternative (other than Adobe which is expensive)

There is another alternative and it's what I use to make my logos, PowerPoint. But it's a tad inconvenient to perfect. I have a tutorial, but the people that have used it haven't had the easiest time learning the program, or haven't had the time to practice at it. That's why I recommended Inkscape :P 

I still think Raptorman415 should give it a try, it would really help him.

But I do think the new color scheme is a slight improvement, and the lines look a little more symmetrical. 

iHxPa5Y.pngqXp6spn.png

"Winners never quit, and quitters never win." ~Vince Lombardi

17 hours ago, worcat said:

so after the inaugural season, are you always going to keep the banner on the logo? It feels pointless and unnecessary. You'll just have to use a new logo for the next year. If you keep the banner, you will have to change it every year if you add a year or season number.

17 hours ago, worcat said:

also, cut the imagine in half vertically, copy and flip it so both sides are symmetrical 

I think I'll keep it for this year but, the banner is gone for next season, and I can't believe I didn't think of flipping half of the image. So I tried it and this is how it came out.

ULFF.png

It's Me

It's much better. I'm assuming your using paint due to the pixels, which is unavoidable in that program unless you make the logo giant so the pixels blend together. This would take a loot more time though, so I can live with the pixels. One nitpick I have is that the U has one fat and one skinny "line". Make the U symmetrical and your good. Perhaps even match the boxy nature of the other letters and go a straight route? Also, the "Inagural Season" has a black haze around it, so I recommend cleaning that up. Another thing is that the triangles on the sides of the banners are asymetrical and match the other side triangle diagonal to it, which doesn't make sense. I would make them all the same size or match the triangles horizontally. But, these are all nitpicks and should take not too long. Good job. 

All right, hopefully this is the last update on the league logo. I got rid of one star from each division (I don't know why I why I had four stars in the first place since there are only six teams). I added a black outline around the banner at the bottom, and fixed the U on top so its more even.

ULFF.png

It's Me

Starting with the first team the Milwaukee Creamers.

The Milwaukee Creamers will play their first season in Miller Park, which sets up a weird situation since Miller Park wasn't made for football. Which could indicate a short stay in Milwaukee. The Creamers will be positioned in the American Division.

Logo:

Spoiler

Milwaukee Creamers.png

Uniforms:

Spoiler

MIL Creamers.png

Hope you all enjoy the first team.

It's Me

Again, you have a base that needs work to look good. 

The outlines are inconsistent and don't look good. It cuts off at the grey What's the green cup-thing? Is that supposed to be a glass of beer? Whatever it is, get rid of it. 

The C is wonky. There are some red pixels that need coloring. 

The uniforms are good. I think their fine. 

I would personally like to just see a 'C' and perhaps an enlarged and more detailed wheat grain at the end of the C. 

Sinilar to to your first design in that you need to fix it up, but again you have a decent base, good uniforms, and a good color scheme. I think you can come off with a good logo if you tweak it. 

For paint, make everything huge. Make your outlines super thick. That is the only way to make your design have clean looking edges using that program. Your idea is good, and with the proper execution, you will have a great looking logo.

30vja50.png

GIANTS_REDSOX_CELTICS_LIGHTNING_BULLS

Archived