Help with My Fantasy Football League (ULFF Round 1)

Raptorman415

On 8/22/2016 at 9:55 PM, Raptorman415 said:

After careful considerations, I've decided to get rid of the beer glass.I tried to make the wheat a little more easier on the eyes. So here it is.  

Milwaukee Creamers.png

The "C" is very Cleveland Cavalierish and the "wheat stem" reminds me of the Brewers. I like both concepts. They need combined in a different way though.

I don't like the placement of the wheat. Right now it looks like the team name should be the Colons because the wheat is exiting the poop chute and leaving an odor.  P. U.:wacko:

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, The Nati MacDaddy said:

The "C" is very Cleveland Cavalierish and the "wheat stem" reminds me of the Brewers. I like both concepts. They need combined in a different way though.

I don't like the placement of the wheat. Right now it looks like the team name should be the Colons because the wheat is exiting the poop chute and leaving an odor.  P. U.:wacko:

Does this float yer boat fella.I made a new wheat thingy with a kinda darker color to make it pop out more and made the outline white.Milwaukee Creamers.png

It's Me

If you're stuck with paint and don't want to go the inkscape route, download vector magic's free desktop vectorizing app.. Then you just copy any image you want cleaned up to your clipboard, paste it in vector magic, and it gives you a vectorized version... With the free version of the app, you can't save the vector image, but you can "screen shot" it with the "print screen" button, then paste it back into paint, and voila

1 hour ago, Raptorman415 said:

Does this float yer boat fella.I made a new wheat thingy with a kinda darker color to make it pop out more and made the outline white.Milwaukee Creamers.png

Now the "C" stands for Constipated.

Look at this Brewer's Logo with the "M" and the wheat that is under the letter.  Brewer logo.gifIt curves with the bottom of the letter.

This is more of what I was thinking.

1.Use a drop Shadow for the Letter "C" instead of an outline stroke. If you want an outline stroke on the letter "C" similar to the letter M in the example above then make the background the same color. I wouldn't make this stroke too thick. Just a thought.

2.Use the Drab Green stroke around the wheat and put it over the letter "C" or no stroke at all like in the example above might work. It does in this example.  Also, add more wheat grain and have it arced like the letter "C" ,If you prefer to place the wheat under the "C" change the curvature to bend with the bottom of the letter. Use Two separate images not one.

3.Play around with the placement of the wheat. It will work on the inside of the letter "C" as well as the outside.

4.Post your edit and get more eyes on it. This has potential. I also like Wave Punters suggestion regarding the vectorizing app if you don't want to use Inkscape route.

Now the Boise Taters

The Boise Taters are gonna play in the American Division this year. Along with the Creamers and The Madison Marines. There one of the only teams to have two separate helmets.

Logo:

Spoiler

Boise Taters.png

Uniforms:

Spoiler

BOI Taters.png

It's Me

I like the Taters concept, especially the pant striping. Pretty clean job with the Paint Program . If that is Paint. Maybe a seam on the football/tater aligned with the laces might look good. Post it and I'll let you know. IMO Keep the color of the NAME on the back of the home uni yellow.

5 hours ago, The Nati MacDaddy said:

I like the Taters concept, especially the pant striping. Pretty clean job with the Paint Program . If that is Paint. Maybe a seam on the football/tater aligned with the laces might look good. Post it and I'll let you know. IMO Keep the color of the NAME on the back of the home uni yellow.

I'd say the seams make it look a little better.

Spoiler

Boise Taters.png

It's Me

2 hours ago, Raptorman415 said:

I'd say the seams make it look a little better.

Hide contents

Boise Taters.png

A bit better. The football/tater seems too squished IMO. Maybe Lasso it with a square tool and push the sides in to make it look rounder. Hopefully It won't make the outline jagged or alter the wording too much. Just a thought. I would like to see what the wording looks like in yellow with a green outline. Lose the thin black lines on the top and bottom of the wording and resize the wording a bit larger. I'll look at it and see if it improves it. If not you can always keep it the same.

1 hour ago, The Nati MacDaddy said:

A bit better. The football/tater seems too squished IMO. Maybe Lasso it with a square tool and push the sides in to make it look rounder. Hopefully It won't make the outline jagged or alter the wording too much. Just a thought. I would like to see what the wording looks like in yellow with a green outline. Lose the thin black lines on the top and bottom of the wording and resize the wording a bit larger. I'll look at it and see if it improves it. If not you can always keep it the same.

How about this @The Nati MacDaddy. I made the football/potato a little bigger and did the yellow lettering with green outline, and I gotta say, it looks pretty good.

Spoiler

Boise Taters.png

It's Me

6 hours ago, Raptorman415 said:

How about this @The Nati MacDaddy. I made the football/potato a little bigger and did the yellow lettering with green outline, and I gotta say, it looks pretty good.

Hide contents

Boise Taters.png

Yep I'm liking this more. Add more thickness to the Green outline on the wording and I think it's a winner.

Today in the ULFF, the Inaugural Draft took place with Adrain Peterson being the first pick by the Madison Marines, Cam Newton went second to Minneapolis, and Ben Roethlisberger went third to the Creamers. Albuquerque with their first pick selected Aaron Rodgers, and with that I present the Albuquerque Jets.

Logo:

Spoiler

Albuquerque Jets.png

Uniform:

Spoiler

ALB Jets.png

It's Me

And for the final team the Minneapolis Snow Leopards

The Snow Leopards appear to be one of the most dominate teams this year with Cam Newton, Odell Beckham Jr., and Todd Gurley. They will play their first season in the Brand new US Bank Stadium and is the likely host of the first ever Mega Bowl at the end of the year.

Logo:

Spoiler

Minneapolis Snow Leopards.png

Uniforms:

Spoiler

MIN Snow Leopards.png

And that's the final team. I might do weekly updates on the league. I pry will upload the Mega Bowl logo later. What team is your favorite?

It's Me

21 hours ago, Raptorman415 said:

And for the final team the Minneapolis Snow Leopards

The Snow Leopards appear to be one of the most dominate teams this yer with Cam Newton, Odell Beckham Jr., and Todd Gurley. They will play their first season in the Brand new US Bank Stadium and is the likely host of the first ever Mega Bowl at the end of the year.

Logo:

Hide contents

Minneapolis Snow Leopards.png

Uniforms:

Hide contents

MIN Snow Leopards.png

And that's the final team. I might do weekly updates on the league. I pry will upload the Mega Bowl logo later. What team is your favorite?

Minneapolis Snow Leopards by far the best helmet logo followed by the Spaniards. Best Uni concept is close but I give the Jets the win over the Spaniards.

On 8/24/2016 at 4:30 PM, Raptorman415 said:

Alright, on to the next one. 

The Florida Spaniards will play their first season in the wonderful city of Miami. They will play in the National Division.

Logo:

Hide contents

Florida_Spainards_vectorized_free.png

Uniforms:

Hide contents

FLO Spainards.png

Just had a thought. I think this could help with the uni design. Add a green outline to both the pant stripe and the rib striping of the shirt. Incorporate the Conquistador helmet only logo on the hip area of the pant stripe or the shoulder pads. Post it and I'll see if it helps.

On 8/28/2016 at 9:48 PM, Raptorman415 said:

Today in the ULFF, the Inaugural Draft took place with Adrain Peterson being the first pick by the Madison Marines, Cam Newton went second to Minneapolis, and Ben Roethlisberger went third to the Creamers. Albuquerque with their first pick selected Aaron Rodgers, and with that I present the Albuquerque Jets.

Logo:

Reveal hidden contents

Albuquerque Jets.png

Uniform:

Hide contents

ALB Jets.png

On this one I would taper the pant stripe like you are doing with the helmet stripe. You might experiment with rotating the jet on the pants to straight up and down and have white vapor trails coming from the exhaust. Just a thought.

Archived