NHL Identity Swap Series (Update Feb. 13)

Bpoe96

On 1/28/2017 at 9:19 AM, NoE38 said:

I really like the logo so far, but it looks kind of flat. Could we see it with a bit of shading?

I guess I could add a little piece, but I really just followed the Panthers' style, they don't really have any shading. I do agree though, I may try and tweak it somehow to add dimension.

58f9196939e87_CCSLCsig.png.9bc4492f6b88c5f7d305eb5337acf1f0.png

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now we've got one that's been sitting in the vault for a while: Calgary.

In another rivalry matchup we have the Swap of Alberta, and the Flames in the style of the Oilers.

This one is pretty self explanatory, I just recreated the typography inside the circle, and the oil drop turns into a flame.

C&C appreciated as always!

Calgary.png

1 hour ago, Silence of the Rams said:

Well 3 predictions out the window. Any hints on who San Jose is paired with

I haven't even done the San Jose matchup yet, and because of that it's always subject to change, but I'll tell you that they're in the same conference. 

1 hour ago, Silence of the Rams said:

That's a good enough hint for me

1 hour ago, Darknes said:

I think I might have a guess to who Boston is paired up with but I'm not sure if I'm on the mark

Why don't you guys pitch your guesses? I'm not sure if I'll tell you if you're right or not, but I'm interested in hearing them.

14 hours ago, Bpoe96 said:

Now we've got one that's been sitting in the vault for a while: Calgary.

In another rivalry matchup we have the Swap of Alberta, and the Flames in the style of the Oilers.

This one is pretty self explanatory, I just recreated the typography inside the circle, and the oil drop turns into a flame.

Calgary.png

Awesome. Flames sort of fits with the whole Oil theme as well. 

sig.png

On 1/29/2017 at 6:50 PM, Bpoe96 said:

Calgary.png

Sent this to a buddy of mine, who is a Flames fan. He said that he loved it, but admitting it made him feel dirty.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

Sorry about the few day break guys, busy week.

Next up we have the opposite of the last one: the Edmonton Oilers

Instead of doing oil drops coming from the back of the E, I took a different approach and went with a gear from a rig coming from the back, and even the font, Helvetica, is exactly the same as Calgary's logo.

Edmonton.png

Guest darkpiranha

This series is improbably good.  Improbable in that I'd have lost money betting on if these logos could be combined in any interesting way.  Favorite series going right now.   More please!

On 2/3/2017 at 9:06 AM, Bpoe96 said:

Sorry about the few day break guys, busy week.

Next up we have the opposite of the last one: the Edmonton Oilers

Instead of doing oil drops coming from the back of the E, I took a different approach and went with a gear from a rig coming from the back, and even the font, Helvetica, is exactly the same as Calgary's logo.

Edmonton.png

If the Flames didn't exist, that would be the perfect primary logo for the Oilers.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Archived