Personal Branding Idea

Victormrey

Hi everyone. Despite I'm not a great designer (I make 99% of my designs on MS Paint, and this is not an exception), I would like to have a personal design/identity, to use in design-related sites, like this (the profile pic I'm currently using is the logo of my blog).

So, for the design I wanted to use the initials of my name: VMR, putting them all together in a good looking design/shape. And this is what I came up with:

Personal Branding.pngPersonal Branding 2.png

Let me know what you think about the design and how would you improve it!

4 hours ago, Victormrey said:

Hi everyone. Despite I'm not a great designer (I make 99% of my designs on MS Paint, and this is not an exception), I would like to have a personal design/identity, to use in design-related sites, like this (the profile pic I'm currently using is the logo of my blog).

So, for the design I wanted to use the initials of my name: VMR, putting them all together in a good looking design/shape. And this is what I came up with:

Personal Branding.pngPersonal Branding 2.png

Let me know what you think about the design and how would you improve it!

It's not bad, but my mind immediately went to Michael Phelps's personal logo:

CCp74GnW8AA3BQW.jpg-medium

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

22 hours ago, PaleVermilion81 said:

I didn't read this as "VMR". I simply read it as MR.

21 hours ago, NoE38 said:

Agreed.

Maybe put the V on top of the M and work from there?

Do you mean something like this?

Personal Branding 3.png

19 hours ago, Morgo said:

This looks pretty good but I much prefer the logo in your avatar.

Thanks, but I would rather use a personal logo intead of my blog's.

1 hour ago, Victormrey said:

Thanks, but I would rather use a personal logo intead of my blog's.

Fair enough.  I only commented because I really like that logo.  The way the colour gradient sticks out is really eye catching.

On 26/8/2016 at 2:02 PM, dont care said:

Now it looks like "VIVIR" or the Spanish word for to live.

Indeed, it looks like "Vivir", I hadn't realized that.

How about this?

Personal Branding 6.png  Going back to the original idea, with a tweak.

Forcing the idea isn't really working here.  The M is so prominent that the V gets lost in the shuffle.  Being clever only goes so far but you're asking too much from the mashing of 3 letters here.

Let it go, find a different idea.

Do what I did and many others have:  Come up with 4-8 ideas - just ideas - about how to take VMR and make it into different shapes or alignments with different fonts.  Think outside the box a little bit.  I know you're just starting out, but you should be able to do all of this in paint.  Go to dafont.com or fontsquirrel and download any/all fonts that excite you, drop them into your computers Fonts/Fontbook folders, and play with them.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

20 hours ago, CS85 said:

Forcing the idea isn't really working here.  The M is so prominent that the V gets lost in the shuffle.  Being clever only goes so far but you're asking too much from the mashing of 3 letters here.

Let it go, find a different idea.

Do what I did and many others have:  Come up with 4-8 ideas - just ideas - about how to take VMR and make it into different shapes or alignments with different fonts.  Think outside the box a little bit.  I know you're just starting out, but you should be able to do all of this in paint.  Go to dafont.com or fontsquirrel and download any/all fonts that excite you, drop them into your computers Fonts/Fontbook folders, and play with them.

Yeah, you're right. Thanks for suggestion.

I'll be working on it, and if I come up with some good ideas, I'll post them. Thank you guys for the C&C.

Archived