MLB Rivalry Series: Silver Boot Series

Bruins

The recent "Battle of the Beltway" series between the Orioles and Nationals gave me an idea for special jerseys for mlb teams to wear throughout series with noted rivals, regional or otherwise. So here is the MLB Rivalry Series

I started out with the aforementioned Beltway Series between the Baltimore Orioles and the Washington Nationals. This happens only every few years due to it being an interleague series, but is noted when it occurs

I went for jerseys that really showcased state flags and here they are:

image.jpeg

For Baltimore I decided to use a cream base and orange numbers with black outlining. The centerpiece of this is the sleeve stripes that are made up of the Maryland flag. The hat is orange with the oriole and a brim of the flag.

image.jpeg

The Nats unis have a vintage feel with a red base and white sleeves. The sleeves feature the D.C. Flag and the numbering is white. The hat is very retro with the flag in white on a dark blue base and white brim.

Id love to hear what you think of these, c&c appreciated and all posts liked. Also feel free to suggest future rivalry series. Thx!

Lz5f6vZ.png

But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8/      Check Out My: Little Big League MLB ProjectDribbble

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For Baltimore, my eye is annoying at the white of the MD flag on a cream jersey. I'd consider "retrofying" the flag pattern to match the cream look.

It's not as old as some baseball rivalries, but the Rangers and Astros play for the "Silver Boot" (an actual trophy) every season (which team wins the overall series between them) and on top of that they really don't like each other, especially lately. Wikipedia has it as the Lone Star Series but I've never really heard it called that on local radio, usually just The Silver Boot or The Boot.

Good idea for a series. Looking forward to the rest of it.

To be fair, this series is the same idea as Discriminhater's MLB Rivalry Series from a few years ago. Google "Discrimihater MLB Rivalry" and you'll see a ton of his work come up. 

For your concepts, it would be nice to see the uniform pants and socks too, rather than just the jerseys and caps. 

Can we see the Cubs & Cardinals? That was one rivalry that Discrim never tackled in his series. 

I honestly have never seen that series, So these ideas are all original. I'll make the adjustments and the Battle of LA coming soon!

Lz5f6vZ.png

But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8/      Check Out My: Little Big League MLB ProjectDribbble

The Next matchup is the Freeway Series between the Los Angeles Dodgers and Angels. 

For the jerseys I emphasized the home state for this series putting a California silhouette on the hat and behind the front number.

image.jpeg

The Angels incorporate blue into a game-worn jersey for the first time since 2001. The Angel's A logo is put on the left breast, something that has previously only been done on the practice unis. The numbering is red with blue trim and the front number partially masks a shape of Cali. The pants are white with blue socks and the hat is all red with the silhouette of California front and center.

image.jpeg

The Dodgers sport a color of jersey that they only wore for one year, 1999, that being blue. Their LA logo takes up the left breast next to their trademark red front number on top of California. The back letters and number are white as are the pants. The socks and pants are blue however, with the hat being completed by a white brim and darker blue Cali shape on the front.

Let me know what you think, Citrus Series next. Thx!

Lz5f6vZ.png

Is the California silhouette on the Angels cap supposed to be gray or a darker red? Either way it doesn't look very good. Maybe make the front panel of the cap white? Similar issue with the Dodgers cap...the navy silhouette feels out of place. 

If it is just the Dodgers and Angels, I would use each teams LA logo on the cap instead of the silhouette of California and remove the silhouette from the jerseys and replace with something LA specific.

If is a California series, I would add similar style jerseys for the Padres, Giants, and Athletics.

st__louis_aces_player_sig___tom_davis_by_verasthebrujah-d9w1l6u.jpg

new_orleans_krewe_player_sig___qb_donny_minor_by_verasthebrujah-dbd786h.jpg.04fb6ee08e3d6de5abf371b4fd8bf0bf.jpgmiami_suns_sig_by_verasthebrujah-da7emd5.jpg

It is just an LA series, but I didn't know of any Angels LA logo. I hear what you're saying about the silhouette on the hat And can put the Dodgers La and Angels A Instead. I'm not sure what to put for a Los Angles icon tho, because the outline would seem out of place. I'll tinker though, and thx for the Feedback.

Lz5f6vZ.png

1 hour ago, Bruins said:

It is just an LA series, but I didn't know of any Angels LA logo. I hear what you're saying about the silhouette on the hat And can put the Dodgers La and Angels A Instead. I'm not sure what to put for a Los Angles icon tho, because the outline would seem out of place. I'll tinker though, and thx for the Feedback.

They only used it from 1961 to 1964. From 1965 to 1970, they used a similar cap with an interlocked CA.

1961 Los Angeles Angels Hat.jpg

st__louis_aces_player_sig___tom_davis_by_verasthebrujah-d9w1l6u.jpg

new_orleans_krewe_player_sig___qb_donny_minor_by_verasthebrujah-dbd786h.jpg.04fb6ee08e3d6de5abf371b4fd8bf0bf.jpgmiami_suns_sig_by_verasthebrujah-da7emd5.jpg

Archived