What if scenarios: Vancouver Grizzlies

Jacobseye

Welcome to my new series. the first scenario is the New York Jets remaining the New York Titans.

Lets Start in 1963. I could not find a paint template with a 1960s feel so that is why There is a visor. Anyways, all I did is add color to the shouldersTitans 63-69.png

For the next one, all I did was add the T from the wordmark on to the helmetTitans 70-77.png

On to 1978, I based these off the jets uniforms in the 1980s. In the wordmark, I replaced New York with a sword

Titans 78-98.png

And finally, the present day uniforms introduced in 1999, I basically based it off the Tennessee Titans uniforms 

Titans 1999-Present.png

Oh, so you're wondering what happens to the Tennessee Titans we know today? They become the Tennessee Copperheads.

I based the logo off the Arizona D-backs  the shoulder design is based off the print of copperhead snakes.

Tennessee Copperheads.png

Please Tell me what scenario I should do next. It can be Any of the 4 Major Sports

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, tigerslionspistonshabs said:

What was the deal with the Titans? They just switched their name, or...?

In the Scenario, The New York Titans name was taken,  I had to get a new name for Tennessee, I chose Copperheads because it was one of the choices in a naming contest. As for why the NY Titans changed their name in real life, The owners, who bought the team in 1963 changed the name to the Jets so it would rhyme with Mets because they shared  Shea Stadium At the time.

1 hour ago, TFet41 said:

The Houston Texans are the second version of the Oilers and the Hartford Whalers never move to Raleigh, NC to become the Hurricanes

Here are the Oilers

Houston Oilers.png

And here is the Whalers ( the reason why its 2013 to present is that the jerseys were the same as their final season from 1997-2013Whalers.png

37 minutes ago, Jacobseye said:

In the Scenario, The New York Titans name was taken,  I had to get a new name for Tennessee, I chose Copperheads because it was one of the choices in a naming contest. As for why the NY Titans changed their name in real life, The owners, who bought the team in 1963 changed the name to the Jets so it would rhyme with Mets because they shared  Shea Stadium At the time.

I think it wouldn't be that iconic if they remained as the Titans. I mean, the Jets looked cool for New York. I liked the color scheme at best.

Here's an idea. Busch does not buy the St. Louis Cardinals (Baseball) and the Cardinals have to move (probably to Houston) leaving Bill Veech and the St. Louis Browns to remain in St. Louis.

<blockquote>Veeck's all-out assault on the Cardinals came during a downturn in the Cardinals' fortunes after Rickey left them for the Brooklyn Dodgers in 1942. Veeck appeared to have won the battle when Cardinals' owner Fred Saigh was convicted of massive tax evasion late in 1952 and forced to sell his team. For a time, it looked almost certain that the Cardinals were leaving town, as most of the credible bids came from non-St. Louis interests. However, just when it looked like the Cardinals were about to move to Houston, Texas; Saigh accepted a much lower bid from St. Louis-based brewery Anheuser-Busch. Brewery president Gussie Busch jumped into the bidding specifically to keep the Cardinals in St. Louis. Veeck quickly realized that he was finished in St. Louis. He knew that with Anheuser-Busch's wealth behind them, the Cardinals now had more resources than he could ever hope to match.</blockquote>

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_St._Louis_Browns

st__louis_aces_player_sig___tom_davis_by_verasthebrujah-d9w1l6u.jpg

new_orleans_krewe_player_sig___qb_donny_minor_by_verasthebrujah-dbd786h.jpg.04fb6ee08e3d6de5abf371b4fd8bf0bf.jpgmiami_suns_sig_by_verasthebrujah-da7emd5.jpg

10 hours ago, Bruins said:

Baseball Giants staying in NY are two ideas that come to mind

If the Giants stayed in New York, it most likely means that the Dodgers either stayed in Brooklyn or decided to move to Queens as Robert Moses (New York City's Construction Coordinator at the time wanted the Dodgers to do).

new_orleans_krewe_player_sig___qb_donny_minor_by_verasthebrujah-dbd786h.jpg.04fb6ee08e3d6de5abf371b4fd8bf0bf.jpgmiami_suns_sig_by_verasthebrujah-da7emd5.jpg

15 hours ago, Jacobseye said:

And of course they had/have the Nets.  I was also once told that in the 70s or 80s there was a team tennis league with the New York Sets.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

4 hours ago, eick74 said:

Here's an idea. Busch does not buy the St. Louis Cardinals (Baseball) and the Cardinals have to move (probably to Houston) leaving Bill Veech and the St. Louis Browns to remain in St. Louis.

<blockquote>Veeck's all-out assault on the Cardinals came during a downturn in the Cardinals' fortunes after Rickey left them for the Brooklyn Dodgers in 1942. Veeck appeared to have won the battle when Cardinals' owner Fred Saigh was convicted of massive tax evasion late in 1952 and forced to sell his team. For a time, it looked almost certain that the Cardinals were leaving town, as most of the credible bids came from non-St. Louis interests. However, just when it looked like the Cardinals were about to move to Houston, Texas; Saigh accepted a much lower bid from St. Louis-based brewery Anheuser-Busch. Brewery president Gussie Busch jumped into the bidding specifically to keep the Cardinals in St. Louis. Veeck quickly realized that he was finished in St. Louis. He knew that with Anheuser-Busch's wealth behind them, the Cardinals now had more resources than he could ever hope to match.</blockquote>

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_St._Louis_Browns

I can only imagine that the Royals-Browns rivalry would probably be one of the most intense rivalries in baseball. Of course, this is assuming that the butterfly effect doesn't kick in and the A's stay in Kansas City due to the in-state rivalry drawing enough people to keep the A's from being bought by Charlie O'Finley. Speaking of which, what if the A's stayed in Kansas City. 

2 hours ago, Red Comet said:

I can only imagine that the Royals-Browns rivalry would probably be one of the most intense rivalries in baseball. Of course, this is assuming that the butterfly effect doesn't kick in and the A's stay in Kansas City due to the in-state rivalry drawing enough people to keep the A's from being bought by Charlie O'Finley. Speaking of which, what if the A's stayed in Kansas City. 

Finley would still be the owner of the Kansas City A's. He bought the Athletics in 1960 and they didn't move the team to Oakland until 1968. And the possibilities of a Veeck/Browns versus Finley/Athletics in-state rivalry is intriguing. Both men pushed the boundaries and, at times, were considered nuisances to other owners.

7 hours ago, eick74 said:

I moved the Cards out to Baltimore in 1952  And used a block B for the cap as the only change in real life. I'd expect for there to be a lot of pressure from the Red Sox to Change the cap design

Baltimore 52-97.png

In 1998, the cap was inverted and the uniform was updated

Baltimore 1998-Present.png

And Now for the Browns, Very minimal changes were made in 1954

Browns 1954-72.png

In 1973, the STL logo was replaced with a fleur de lis, there was also some orange added to the away jerseysBrowns 1973-89.png

In 1990, A massive overhaul was done on the uniforms the front of the jerseys were changed, The cap was changed to orange and the STL logo is back

Browns 1990-Present.png

Archived