What if scenarios: Vancouver Grizzlies

Jacobseye

2 hours ago, MBurmy said:

Some possible scenarios you could try out:

BASEBALL
What if the Braves had never left Milwaukee?

Two more to go with your theme:

What if the Boston Braves never moved to Milwaukee?

What if the 1901-02 Milwaukee Brewers did not move to St. Louis to become the Browns?

What if the Seattle Pilots never left Seattle?

What if the St. Louis Browns moved to Milwaukee in 1954?

Some additional scenarios:

MLB

What if the Washington Senators moved to either Los Angeles or San Francisco in 1956?

What if the Kansas City Athletics moved to Dallas in 1962? or Louisville in 1963? or Atlanta, San Diego, or Seattle

What if the Oakland Athletics moved to Denver in 1978? or New Orleans in the early 80s?

What if the San Diego Padres moved to Washington D.C. in 1974?

What if the Chicago White Sox moved to Seattle and the Oakland Athletics moved to Chicago in 1975?

What if the Chicago White Sox moved to Tampa in 1988?

What if the San Francisco Giants moved to Toronto in 1976? or Tampa in 1993?

What if the Minnesota Twins moved to Charlotte in 1997?

What if the Montreal Expos were not moved to Washington in 2005? or moved to Charlotte, Monterrey (Mexico), the Meadowlands, Portland, or Norfolk instead? (a settlement had to be reached with the Orioles to allow for the move to Washington)

NFL

What if the Chargers stayed in Los Angeles?

What if the AFL Dallas Texans stayed in Dallas?

What if the Seattle Kings were the Seattle expansion team instead of the Seahawks?

What if the New England Patriots moved to St. Louis in 1992?

NBA

What if the Philadelphia Warriors stayed in Philadelphia?

What if the Syracuse Nationals either stayed in Syracuse or did not become the Philadelphia 76ers?

NHL

What if the St. Louis Blues moved to Saskatoon in 1983?

What if the Toronto Maple Leafs and Edmonton Oilers swapped home towns in 1980?

st__louis_aces_player_sig___tom_davis_by_verasthebrujah-d9w1l6u.jpg

new_orleans_krewe_player_sig___qb_donny_minor_by_verasthebrujah-dbd786h.jpg.04fb6ee08e3d6de5abf371b4fd8bf0bf.jpgmiami_suns_sig_by_verasthebrujah-da7emd5.jpg

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/26/2016 at 9:58 PM, JH42XCC said:

How about a "what if" scenario of the Brooklyn Dodgers moving to Queens instead of Los Angeles

In 1958 the stadium is built where Shea Stadium was and The Dodgers are now the NY Dodgers I used the Mets interlocking logo for the caps but the Mets don't exist in the timeline

NY Dodgers.png

I might start doing them by city now. 

What if the NFL's series of relocation/expansion during the 1990s played out differently?

--Going off the St. Louis/Baltimore connection: What if the Rams had moved to Baltimore (Frontiere's original plan in 1995)? Would the Baltimore Rams have adopted a darker color scheme like the St. Louis Rams did? What happens to the Cleveland Browns, v1.0? Do the original Browns move, and if so, where? St. Louis? Los Angeles? Tennessee (Nashville via Memphis)?What would they be renamed if they moved?2

--What if Baltimore (Bombers) and St. Louis (Stallions) had landed the 1995 expansion teams? Where would the Rams and Browns (v1.0) had gone, if anywhere at all? Would we have the Carolina Rams and Jacksonville Jaguars, FKA the Cleveland Browns, and would the Los Angeles Stallions be playing their first games in Southern California by this time?

--What if the Houston Oilers' history remained--uninterrupted (i.e., no "Cleveland Deal" with today's Texans)--to this day? Would they eventually add a darker blue? Would they remain a Columbia Blue-first team? Would they introduce a red alternate?

And since it bears visiting, what if the St. Louis (football) Cardinals never left for Phoenix? Would Phoenix land an expansion team in 1995? What would they be named? Phoenix Firebirds? Arizona Rattlers?3

1. Given that the expansion teams were announced no later than about 1994, I believe that Carolina and Jacksonville were locks by the time the Rams and Raiders move, so I'm assuming that they remain as-is in this scenario.

2. Assuming that the Cleveland Deal, in the event of a Browns (v1.0) relocation, still happens.

3. Nevermind that it's the same name as the Arena Football team.

Here's one on my mind from the ABA/NBA merger: What if the NBA allowed one more ABA team--the Utah Rockies (a merger between the Spirits of St. Louis and the Utah Stars)? Would they have survived the first lean years as the Utah Jazz did? What if the Utah Rockies had lasted to this day? What would their colors and uniforms look like?

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

NBA:

What if the Lakers never moved to LA, and LA got an expansion team along with Chicago?

What if the NBA went with their original 1989 expansion plan and went with only one Florida team, meaning no Magic :(? Where would the fourth team go? Would Orlando get a team in the future? If they went with OKC for the fourth team, where would the Sonics end up?

NFL:

What if the 1995 Baltimore Bombers and St Louis Stallions expansion had went through? Where would the Browns 1.0 and Rams go, if they even move at all? 

What if the Packers had moved to Milwaukee?

What if the St Louis (football) Cardinals never left St Louis? Where will the Rams go?

MLB:

What if the Washington Senators (1 or 2) stayed? If #1 stays, where does the expansion that gave Washington the second Senators go? Where do the Expos end up?

(This is actually realistic, because Orlando was a finalist in both the 93 and 98 expansions) What if Orlando had won an expansion franchise? What would happen to the city that ultimately didn't get a team? Maybe if you tie the two scenarios together, the Expos end up there?

What if the White Sox or Giants moved to Tampa in the 80s?

ExJworW.png

1 hour ago, DustDevil61 said:

What if the NFL's series of relocation/expansion during the 1990s played out differently?

--Going off the St. Louis/Baltimore connection: What if the Rams had moved to Baltimore (Frontiere's original plan in 1995)? Would the Baltimore Rams have adopted a darker color scheme like the St. Louis Rams did? What happens to the Cleveland Browns, v1.0? Do the original Browns move, and if so, where? St. Louis? Los Angeles? Tennessee (Nashville via Memphis)?What would they be renamed if they moved?2

--What if Baltimore (Bombers) and St. Louis (Stallions) had landed the 1995 expansion teams? Where would the Rams and Browns (v1.0) had gone, if anywhere at all? Would we have the Carolina Rams and Jacksonville Jaguars, FKA the Cleveland Browns, and would the Los Angeles Stallions be playing their first games in Southern California by this time?

--What if the Houston Oilers' history remained--uninterrupted (i.e., no "Cleveland Deal" with today's Texans)--to this day? Would they eventually add a darker blue? Would they remain a Columbia Blue-first team? Would they introduce a red alternate?

And since it bears visiting, what if the St. Louis (football) Cardinals never left for Phoenix? Would Phoenix land an expansion team in 1995? What would they be named? Phoenix Firebirds? Arizona Rattlers?3

1. Given that the expansion teams were announced no later than about 1994, I believe that Carolina and Jacksonville were locks by the time the Rams and Raiders move, so I'm assuming that they remain as-is in this scenario.

2. Assuming that the Cleveland Deal, in the event of a Browns (v1.0) relocation, still happens.

3. Nevermind that it's the same name as the Arena Football team.

Here's one on my mind from the ABA/NBA merger: What if the NBA allowed one more ABA team--the Utah Rockies (a merger between the Spirits of St. Louis and the Utah Stars)? Would they have survived the first lean years as the Utah Jazz did? What if the Utah Rockies had lasted to this day? What would their colors and uniforms look like?

I think Rattlers could still have been a good name for an NFL expansion team in Arizona.

How about if the Continental League actually got to play?

3 hours ago, neo_prankster said:

I think Rattlers could still have been a good name for an NFL expansion team in Arizona.

It would be a good name for the Las Vegas NHL team. 

image.png 

"Okay, Mr. OKC, you obviously have never been to Louisville."

On 8/29/2016 at 0:16 PM, MBurmy said:

What if the Packers had moved to Milwaukee in the '50s?
What if said Packers had stayed with blue and gold, never switching to green and gold

Lambeau Field is never built and the packers move to Milwaukee In 1957 I chose a M with serifs because it kind of says Milwaukee more to me.

Milwaukee 57-87.png

In 1988 the Shoulders are changed and and the TV numbers are moved above them.Milwaukee 1988-Present.png

On 8/29/2016 at 0:16 PM, MBurmy said:

What if the White Sox had moved to Milwaukee after '68?

Following some successful exhibition games, The Sox move to Wisconsin full time and become the Wisconsin White Sox and The Seattle Pilots stay in Seattle The Home jersey is the same from one used in the 50s (except the cap) but on the away, there is a scripted "Wisconsin". Ignore that it says 1968 there.

Sox 68-76.png

In 1976 the set is almost the same as the ones in the 80s except on the away jersey, It reads "Wisconsin" insteadSox 1976-1990.png

In 1991, the interlocking sox isn't used and they stay with the logo set they were using, but the color scheme is still intact. I decided to use the black jerseys at home.

Sox 1991-Present.png

I like the idea behind the Wisconsin White Sox! One question, though--Why call them the Wisconsin White Sox and not the Milwaukee White Sox? If you're going to keep it Wisconsin, I'd shrink the script on the '68 road set so it doesn't stretch all the way to the edges of the jersey. 

I'd also play with your color scheme; black and red/silver and navy and red don't really seem to fit a team based in Wisconsin. 

I have ideas for all of the big 4 leagues now: 

NFL

• What if the Colts never move to Indianapolis? Will the NFL expand to Indy in 1995? Where will the Browns go?
  • What if the Portsmouth Spartans keep the Spartan brand in Detroit?
  • Maybe have one of the 1995 expansion finalists replace Jacksonville (Baltimore, St. Louis, or Memphis).

NBA (I have many ideas, but I will only give you a few.)

• What if the Grizzlies stayed in Vancouver?
  • What if the Charlotte Hornets stayed in Charlotte, with the Pelicans becoming a 2004 expansion team?
  • What if the Royals stayed in Cincy?
  • What if the Braves stayed in Buffalo?
  • What if the Rockets stayed in San Diego?

NHL (Like the NBA, I have many ideas.)

• New York/Brooklyn Americans don't fold (It's hard to imagine the "Original 7", isn't it?)
  • Hamilton Tigers don't fold, with a possible relocation involved.
  • The Winnipeg Jets don't go to Phoenix, but somewhere else.
  • SASKATOON BLUES!!!!
  • The Colorado Rockies stay in Denver.
  • Either the Seals stay in Cali or the Cleveland Barons don't fold (In that case, the NHL will expand to either the Bay Area or San Jose in 2000, because there would be no need for the Blue Jackets.)

MLB

• What if the Orlando Sunrays replaced either the Florida Marlins in the 1993 expansion or the Tampa Bay Devil Rays in the 1998 expansion? @Magic Dynasty
  •  What if the first and second Senators franchises stayed in Washington?
  • Montreal Expos stay in Montreal?

591ec53b9bf0a_ABLChamps.png.988aea6f30fd9cb827c4ad87f8b6d031.png

2 minutes ago, PackMan said:

What if the Orlando Sunrays replaced either the Florida Marlins in the 1993 expansion or the Tampa Bay Devil Rays in the 1998 expansion? @Magic Dynasty

A finalist in the Orlando Sentinel's name-the-team contest (for both 93 and 98) was Orlando Hurricanes, so if we actually got a team, we would probably get that. Sunrays isn't bad, though.

ExJworW.png

a couple of you guys asked me to do if the 1st or 2nd Washington Senators were to stay in Washington,I'm going to do the second one The Rangers will be an expansion team with Toronto and Seattle

I made a logo with the Capitol building and the W used by the Nationals Right now. Nothing really changes, except that the red cap is used home and away

Sens 1972-1994.png

In 1995, Senators is shortened to Sens, and the W is switched to the interlocking DC the Nats used to use

Sens 1995-Pres.png

As for the Expos, they move to Charlotte and Become the KingsCharlotte Kings.png

On 8/30/2016 at 7:54 PM, PackMan said:

Maybe have one of the 1995 expansion finalists replace Jacksonville (Baltimore, St. Louis, or Memphis)

The St.Louis Stallions replace the Jacksonville Jaguars. Browns 1.0 still move to Baltimore and the Rams have no choice but to stay. I edited the logo to make it a tad more sharp

Stallions.png

How about this,

MLB.

What if the Giants stayed in New York?
What if the Philadelphia A's stayed in Philly.
How about if Louisville end up creating a team with a nickname Slugger based on their creation of wooden bats in the factories!

NFL.

What if the Dallas Cowboys kept their dark royal blue and metallic silver blue from 1964-1980 to this generation?
What if the Philadelphia Eagles kept their Frankfurt Yellow Jackets color scheme?

What if the Los Angeles Buccaneers of 1926 stayed in Los Angeles.
How about a present day Los Angeles Dons? That will be hilarious!

Instead of the Vikings, what about the Minnesota Red Jackets? I can see it now, Minnesota Reds! Red, black, silver, and white!

You already have the Oilers, so what if the Buffalo Bills team stayed alive since 1946 with the Colts, 49ers, and Browns. How would that look? Placing them in the NFL instead of AFL which means the Miami Seahawks stayed alive in a form of creation in the 1960's to have 8 teams while Wilson is enjoying success in the NFL.

In 1995 There was talks about the Tampa Bay Buccaneers moving to Orlando. It never Happened, But what if it did

In 1996 they go for a black helmet and the Jolly Roger skull from the 1997 logo

Buca 1996-2013.png

And In 2014, a complete overhaul, New logo, new helmet, new jerseys, and a new font

Bucs 2014-Present.png

In 1998 Orlando came close to getting an MLB Team, But Tampa Bay was chosen over them. What if they took the Rays .Sun Rays was a proposed name in 1993. but I'll take

the sting ray theme instead due to it being more intimidating there was an Orlando rays minor league team, so this is going to help

Orlando 1998-2007.png

In 2008, Same color scheme, new logo set

Orlando 2008-Present.png

There you have it! 5 teams in Orlando including Orlando City and the Solar Bears

Archived