New Coors Banquet Design

Sportscenter

After changing to this look in 2007 Coors has changed the look of Coors Banquet

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_it

The new look has removed the mountains from behind Coors, along with the blue strip and features a new waterfall.

1a4d5834301449.56e316b4b4830-600x518.jpg7148b934301449.56e316c879287-600x1077.jp

Both the 2007 and this update where designed by Steven Noble

Slight upgrade, but only just.  Still looks nice, tastes like tire juice.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

It's an upgrade overall, but I'm very surprised they removed the mountain, considering their entire marketing strategy seems to center around the beer being as "cold as the Rockies."

Which, of course, if a beer is advertising itself based on its coldness, almost certainly means that it tastes terrible.

5 hours ago, kroywen said:

It's an upgrade overall, but I'm very surprised they removed the mountain, considering their entire marketing strategy seems to center around the beer being as "cold as the Rockies."

Which, of course, if a beer is advertising itself based on its coldness, almost certainly means that it tastes terrible.

I like their mountain/river emblem on the can.  I wouldn't say Coors tastes bad at all, it's just sorta meh.  I'd say it and Budweiser are a tick or two away from each in my book.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Maybe someone here might know.  Looks like the Coors Banquet stubby has been around in the U.S. for quite a while.

Did it just recently come to Canada? (just saw a poster for it last week at The Beer Store).

"Just when I thought you'd said the stupidest thing, you keep on talking" - Hank Hill

10 hours ago, 2001mark said:

Meh.  For me, its entire branding screams senior citizen's beer.  

Does it look like Stag?  Yeah, kinda.

stag.png

Stag has been around and essentially hasn't changed its design at all for 60 years, and looks like it should be consumed by a bunch of old fat guys in fez caps at a Moose bingo hall.  It looks like it should be found in piles on the shag-carpeted floor of a wood-paneling-riddled 1960's hotel room.  It looks like something your dad drinks while scratching his nutsack in the garage on a hot summer day while you're mowing the goddamn lawn.  It looks like something the factory workers from The Deer Hunter drank after their shifts.

Coors Banquet relishes its antiquated look, because the people I mentioned above?  That's the demographic they're aiming for.  They're not trying to go after the hipster kids who want some Pabst-ian faux-vintage ironic beer of choice; they're not aiming for the craft/microbrewery snobs that want beers named Shart-Gobbling Gorilla Crotch River Songs, complete with colorful label.  They want to get the old guys, the blue collar mustachioed guffs, the old timers who don't have time for your bullcrap.

I think they did that and still maintained a dignified air for an economy brand beer.

twitter

I actually like the old look better. The mountains were nice. That said, I still like the beer itself. I'm not much of a drinker at all, but that's one of my favorites. And, FTR, I'm 32 and have a graduate degree, so I probably shouldn't like it; I just think it tastes good. Plus I'll admit I enjoy the word "banquet" and the tall tales of late-19th-century miners' feasts.

2 hours ago, missouri tigers said:

the longer I look at the new cans, the more it just looks like a bunch of elements thrown together with little cohesion. 

After looking back over all of the Coors Heritage cans from the last couple years I would say the new design is based off of elements of the 1959 can

10-coors-banquet-can.jpg

Archived