EA Sports CFL/NFL Joint Video Game

DCarp1231

From what I've heard, a lot of CFL fans want a video game for the sport, but no video game company is really budging on that idea. So I had an idea pop into my head:

Have the CFL and NFL jointly work together with EA Sports to create a video game that places both leagues in the same game.

You could do a connected franchise where you choose to either start your career out in the CFL or NFL. As your career progresses, you can receive offers from teams in either league. The only complication I can think of is for regular head-to-head gameplay (online or CPU). You couldn't really have a CFL vs NFL game due to how different the rules are in the respective leagues.

A big con would probably be all of the game specs that would go into creating this game. Both league specific rules, roster sizes, etc.

All in all, I think it would be a very interesting game.

If EA can incorporate umpteenth soccer leagues into FIFA, it seems like it could add the 8 or so CFL franchises into Madden, especially if they could use a couple of dummy stadiums like they do lesser soccer leagues.

It wouldn't be a killer feature for me, but could be a fun idea.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

22 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

If EA can incorporate umpteenth soccer leagues into FIFA, it seems like it could add the 8 or so CFL franchises into Madden, especially if they could use a couple of dummy stadiums like they do lesser soccer leagues.

It wouldn't be a killer feature for me, but could be a fun idea.

Global sales of FIFA is worth the cost of licensing those tertiary leagues.

Canada is still a small market in terms of total sales. It was according to EA four years ago and still is now.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/cfl-55-yard-line/madden-developers-built-cfl-video-game-won-t-001431300.html

Even the story above mentions an Add-On pack, what's the royalty rate going to be on that since it's a lower price than the real game?

If not the CFL, they could've at least given us a neutral wide field to use with Canadian rule options.  

I'm still casually owner mode Madden 08, PC.  I don't think I'm missing much from consoles, Madden isn't Madden for me without John doing colour.

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

Back when EA bought the NFL's exclusive licence, I told myself that Sega Sports-turned-2K Sports should've just gotten the CFL license so they could keep making their excellent football games. I think CFL 2K6 would've been awesome! And hell, that probably would've still turned out better than that All-Pro Football game they made 8 years ago...

I read something online bout this recently, apparently Madden was going to include players from the CFL as free agents in the game.

There's also a rumor (take that for what it's worth) out there that EA made a CFL add on once upon a time but they couldn't get the NFL to agree to sharing a game. 

Apparently a small Canadian company is trying to make a game now: http://3downnation.com/2016/05/03/an-exclusive-look-at-canadian-football-17/

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

Archived