Pulv!

World Football League- renewed and extended (Almirantes de Valparaiso 27/46)

106 posts in this topic

Chile team has been moved from Santiago to Valparaiso, on the pacific coast.

Almirantes de Valparaìso (Valparaiso Admirals)

The nautical theme is key to this team identity as for the harbour city of Valparaiso. In the Chilean Navy an admiral wears four golden stripes while in almost every other navy admirals usually show four stars on the epaulettes, so this identity mixes both concepts in one striping with four stripes and a star. The color scheme was somewhat inspired by the NCAA Midshipmen color palette with a bold gold and blue as in navy officers' uniform and metallic gray was added to symbolize navy ships. On the away jersey the city name was shortened in Valpo, a pretty common nickname for Chile's biggest harbour.

34519369942_3ede36f04d_h.jpg

34681034095_e0a48ed94b_h.jpg

On the scarf you can read Rulers Of The Sea in english.

34681034245_364f95e223_o.png

I apologize for the wrong spelling of the city name without the proper acute accent on the I but my italian keyboard has just the grave one (ì). I know there is a way to write it without the proper key and I used to know how to do it but now I can't remember it. :blush:

1 person likes this

My graphics program doesn't support accents in the fonts, so I just draw them in.

I like the Almirantes overall. I think lightening the grey a shade or two will give you better contrast.

I love the theme chosen for the Almirantes, good job! Just a little mistake: it's "Dominadores" ;)

Looking forward to see Los Petroleros del Caracas!

1 hour ago, Whittier S said:

I like the Almirantes overall. I think lightening the grey a shade or two will give you better contrast.

I'll definitely try some lighter gray.

49 minutes ago, Victormrey said:

I love the theme chosen for the Almirantes, good job! Just a little mistake: it's "Dominadores" ;)

Ho, thanks! Of course is dominadores...When my mix of italian and spanish hits my dyslexia you can expect a few errors :D      I'll fix it right away!

1 person likes this

Previous mistake corrected.

34681034245_efe8517344_o.png

1 person likes this

21 hours ago, Whittier S said:

I think lightening the grey a shade or two will give you better contrast.

Here you have a much better looking lighter gray! Especially on the navy jersey it really pops out.

34659178406_368e7948de_o.png

33889884953_c11e7b4e22_o.png

34699617075_d64281481b_o.png