World Football League- renewed and extended (whole league)

Pulv!

Chile team has been moved from Santiago to Valparaiso, on the pacific coast.

Almirantes de Valparaìso (Valparaiso Admirals)

The nautical theme is key to this team identity as for the harbour city of Valparaiso. In the Chilean Navy an admiral wears four golden stripes while in almost every other navy admirals usually show four stars on the epaulettes, so this identity mixes both concepts in one striping with four stripes and a star. The color scheme was somewhat inspired by the NCAA Midshipmen color palette with a bold gold and blue as in navy officers' uniform and metallic gray was added to symbolize navy ships. On the away jersey the city name was shortened in Valpo, a pretty common nickname for Chile's biggest harbour.

34519369942_3ede36f04d_h.jpg

34681034095_e0a48ed94b_h.jpg

On the scarf you can read Rulers Of The Sea in english.

34681034245_364f95e223_o.png

I apologize for the wrong spelling of the city name without the proper acute accent on the I but my italian keyboard has just the grave one (ì). I know there is a way to write it without the proper key and I used to know how to do it but now I can't remember it. :blush:

38665609364_bedb96967e_o.png                                                                                        spacer.pngMy Behance                                                                                                   

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My graphics program doesn't support accents in the fonts, so I just draw them in.

I like the Almirantes overall. I think lightening the grey a shade or two will give you better contrast.

rATMcmK.png

1 hour ago, Whittier S said:

I like the Almirantes overall. I think lightening the grey a shade or two will give you better contrast.

I'll definitely try some lighter gray.

49 minutes ago, Victormrey said:

I love the theme chosen for the Almirantes, good job! Just a little mistake: it's "Dominadores" ;)

Ho, thanks! Of course is dominadores...When my mix of italian and spanish hits my dyslexia you can expect a few errors :D      I'll fix it right away!

38665609364_bedb96967e_o.png                                                                                        spacer.pngMy Behance                                                                                                   

Previous mistake corrected.

34681034245_efe8517344_o.png

21 hours ago, Whittier S said:

I think lightening the grey a shade or two will give you better contrast.

Here you have a much better looking lighter gray! Especially on the navy jersey it really pops out.

34659178406_368e7948de_o.png

33889884953_c11e7b4e22_o.png

34699617075_d64281481b_o.png

• 2 weeks later...

Panama Tugboats

This identity was created thinking of the highest revenue of this little central America state, The Panama Canal. Tugboats are core to the canal industry as the big and bulky cargo ships passing throught the canal are always in need of a help to maneuvre through the waterway. The identity colors are linked with Panama flag as the canal itself is linked to the country. The secondary logo is a revision of the same flag reduced to a single star. 

Panama flag   pa.gif

34840168741_2a69e398a5_h.jpg

34931810616_2a35f0046b_h.jpg34931810416_559894025e_b.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Buenos Aires Gauchos

Los gauchos are something quite similar to wild west cowboys living in the great plains of Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil and Paraguay. This identity is based on the widespread image of the gaucho riding along the pampa (the plain ;)) in its traditional clothing with an argentinian touch. El sol de mayo (sun of may) is the helmet logo and was taken directly from the country flag. Colors represent the argentinian sky (light blue), leather (you guessed it...brown) and the golden sun shining through the plains (yep, that's gold).

34877854690_52b3414d6e_o.png

34877854780_4dfd0dcece_o.png

The scarf translates to "The best air in the world" playing with the fact that buenos aires means "good airs" in spanish.34877854570_2fa963fa2d_o.png

Petroleros de Caracas (Caracas Oilers)

As oil industry is quite an important one in Venezuela the team was called the oilers. The colors of gold and burgundy were taken from the usual colors sported by venezuelan teams and represent the two faces of the oil industry, money (Gold) and hard work (yeah blood!). A logo featuring an iconic derrick was at first designed but then the "Golden drop" was definitely more original and special.

35432071556_0d9934be2a_o.png

35341634801_ea28d7bba7_o.png

34662221323_b786888e3b_o.png

35432071436_ab12e3d4bf_o.png

Got a question on the Star logo for Panama. On the logo you have the red on the top and blue on the bottom while on the flag, red is on the right and blue is on the left, why change from the left/right split of the flag to a top/bottom split?

st__louis_aces_player_sig___tom_davis_by_verasthebrujah-d9w1l6u.jpg

new_orleans_krewe_player_sig___qb_donny_minor_by_verasthebrujah-dbd786h.jpg.04fb6ee08e3d6de5abf371b4fd8bf0bf.jpgmiami_suns_sig_by_verasthebrujah-da7emd5.jpg

52 minutes ago, eick74 said:

Got a question on the Star logo for Panama. On the logo you have the red on the top and blue on the bottom while on the flag, red is on the right and blue is on the left, why change from the left/right split of the flag to a top/bottom split?

It's a mistake! I'll correct it asap. I designed the logo without looking at the flag being pretty sure I remembered the colors right but in the end I swapped them. :rolleyes:

I swapped the star colors as they were positioned not as on the flag.

35487418185_4d073104e5_o.png

Generales de Bogotà (Bogotà Generals)

This team was designed around the image of Simon Bolìvar, The Libertador (liberator) of Colombia, Venezuela, Panama, Ecuador, Bolivia and Perù. He was such an iconic and talented general that Bolivia was called after him and he even become the first president of the indipendent republic of Colombia (Venezuela, Equador and Panama were included in this country). After some years of presidential office he actually proclamed himself dictator so his political figure is a bit of an oximoron. He fought so hard the Spaniards for freedom yet he imposed his dictatorial ruling when indipendence was reached.

The team colors are taken from the colombian flag but also from those days general uniforms, so red, navy and rich golden trimmings are all over the Generales unis.

The helmet logo with the eagle was taken from the coat of arms of the city of Bogotà and the shield is closed by two sabres designed in the fashion of the Libertador's own sword.

For the main logo I'll leave the the description job to this portrait of Simon Bolìvar.

simon-bolivar.jpg

34696231623_77e63cf817_o.png

34696231923_67a0c9ebcd_o.png

34696231453_9e86686553_o.png

34696231323_b2a0ce630d_o.png

• 3 weeks later...

Libertadores de Montevideo (Montevideo Liberators)

As this identity was created thinking of the number of national heroes, generals and politicians, who liberated the River Plate area after 1810, it was going to be another one with swords, horses and uniforms, so it was decided to head in another direction. The name stayed but the location, the capital city of Montevideo, gained more importance than the nickname. The identity is now inspired by the rich presence of Art Déco buildings in the city and the colors were decided for the main presence in that art period but also because it is a brand new color combo for the WFL. The colors are called Slate Gray, Golden Bronze and Marble White. The helmet, pants and shoulder pattern is another example of art déco applied to the uniform set.

The scarf reads "victory or showtime" and is inspired by the Uruguayan motto "liberty or death".

35918080835_80e7678064_o.png

35877533606_13b0217edb_o.png

35078379494_b40971140b_o.png

• 2 months later...

Riyadh Stallions

The team from Saudi Arabia was named after a world renown symbol of the arabian peninsula in the world, the arab horse. Another important part of the identity is the arab geometrical pattern, closely linked to traditional architecture. The horseshoe pointed arch used in the main logo is both an element of the architecture world and a subtile hint to horses. The colors were chosen for their richness and because the exquisite work of the geometrical pattern can be drawn as a sort of sublimation popping out from the main color body. The helmet was projected as a matte shell with glossy logo and striping.

37183092071_3b65856344_o.png

36928540680_7e310aa649_o.png

37326455765_a007514c79_o.png

Little geographical recap for the whole Liberty Conference

37159122772_b8749a19cf_o.png

Haven't commented here yet, but this series in amazing. All the teams have a great connection to their home city/country. Riyadh looks great, but the font looks like Devanagari script than the one used for the Arabic language. I love the geometric design throughout the set. Keep up the good work!

@noe38concepts (Instagram - Twitter)

spacer.png

16 minutes ago, NoE38 said:

Riyadh looks great, but the font looks like Devanagari script than the one used for the Arabic language.

The upper trim definitely looks a bit like devanagari but the dots are a unique features of arabic. I struggled quite a lot to find a font that was legible yet close to arabic. If you know any it could help ^_^

Archived