World Football League- renewed and extended (whole league)

Pulv!

Thank goodness for your Manila Tropic concept! I would like to commend your use of the Purdue block font for the NOB and the numbers. Two nitpicks for me are the Tropic wordmark font and the neon green (could be improved if you have used a darker shade of neon green). Other than that, this is a great concept.

P.S. I wonder if the "Estrada" NOB came from our former president and current mayor of Manila...

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, edjb93 said:

Thank goodness for your Manila Tropic concept! I would like to commend your use of the Purdue block font for the NOB and the numbers. Two nitpicks for me are the Tropic wordmark font and the neon green (could be improved if you have used a darker shade of neon green). Other than that, this is a great concept.

P.S. I wonder if the "Estrada" NOB came from our former president and current mayor of Manila...

I actually used for the names the real names of the mayors of each city, so yes, someone finally spotted it!

For the neon green I have to admitt that on my pc it looks way less neon and more of a lime / apple green but with my phone it definitely looks too neon. So maybe I have some color settings wrong on my pc. I'll try to fix it asap.

38665609364_bedb96967e_o.png                                                                                        spacer.pngMy Behance                                                                                                   

Tokyo Kitsune

Kitsune means fox in japanese and this animals are venerated almost like gods as they are cunning,wise and sometimes mischivieous. It makes sense to name a team after an animal so important in japanese culture mainly because of its openness and curiosity to humans. The main logo is a fox head designed in traditional kabuki style. The kanji used on the shoulder stands for 'kitsune'. On the helmet the japanese naval flag is used instead of the national flag as it makes a better contrast on the white background.

26960004668_ab7a5a749a_o.png

26960004758_f7e94eaf59_o.png

40829639151_22624793de_o.png

38665609364_bedb96967e_o.png                                                                                        spacer.pngMy Behance                                                                                                   

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for the long wait but I was a little bit stuck with the last design for having too many ideas :D

I'd like to have your thoughts on the two possible color schemes of the New Zealand team

A- blue, white and green represent beautifully New Zealand's sea, sky and nature

B- black, white, red and yellow are traditional colors associated with maori tradition and sports in NZ

40545930654_2ab8cf2ebe_o.png

18 minutes ago, Pulv! said:

Sorry for the long wait but I was a little bit stuck with the last design for having too many ideas :D

I'd like to have your thoughts on the two possible color schemes of the New Zealand team

A- blue, white and green represent beautifully New Zealand's sea, sky and nature

B- black, white, red and yellow are traditional colors associated with maori tradition and sports in NZ

40545930654_2ab8cf2ebe_o.png

B is more dynamic. I imagine the outside shape is supposed to be an "A" for Auckland?

10 minutes ago, neo_prankster said:

I imagine the outside shape is supposed to be an "A" for Auckland?

Yes, and the inside white drawing has the shape of the steering paddle of a waka, a traditional maori canoe.

o-8180-awm.jpg

Thanks everyone for the opinion! I'll then use the B color scheme.

• 2 weeks later...

Auckland Helmsmen

The team name binds together recent history to tradition. New Zealnders are known all over the world for their love for open air sports. Although they are quite good at almost everything, they especially excell in rugby and sailing. New Zealanders where just everywhere during the last America's Cup but the role of helmsman is definitely crucial in sailing regattas. For this reason Auckland's team has a sail hint shaped A as their main logo. The negative space of the letter is designed in the shape of the tip of the steering paddle of  a maori waka (traditional canoe). Here is where tradition meets the logo. The maori pattern recurring in the whole uniform is a usual carving pattern. The color palette is made of the traditional maori colors of red, black and white while yellow represents the color of dry flex, broadly used in traditional canoe manufacturing (also for the sails).

The  scarf catch frase of "we know the way!" comes from a song of the disney cartoon Moana. I just watched it once about a year ago, but the song really stuck in my brain so when I designed a team with both a nautical and polynesian theme I had to use it :D.

26634323447_2be6762b20_o.png

27632998668_07ccec25cf_o.png

27633006848_3092b164b2_o.png

Here you have a little summary of the whole league. It has been long but so rewarding in the end! Let me know your favourite team of the bunch!39715318760_0b911b92de_o.png39715318730_7415298299_o.png

41504474811_5c52e80910_o.png

41504475311_a250ef129d_o.png

Hard to choose just one

Top 5 include;

Rois de Paris

Jacksonville Sharks

Cape Town Penguins

Seoul Tigers

Rio Cariocas

Again most of these could make that list. This has been fantastic and really cool to see come along great job on all of them. :D

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

A fantastic series, from start to end! My favorite teams (I’m not good with foreign languages yet so I’ll just use the English names) 

Mexico Aztecs 

Rio Cariocas 

Athens Argonauts 

Dakar Lions 

Honalulu Hawaiians 

Mumbai Elephants 

Cairo Pharoahs 

Rome Gladiators 

Portland Storm 

Again, great job with the whole series. I really can’t choose a favorite because all of them are awesome!

Thanks for the kind words!

My very own list is based on how much I felt I was turning well the ideas in my mind in a real design. Meaning it would be more difficult to improve these teams than others...

1 Athens Argonauts

2 Socal Suns

3 Lagos Eagles

4 Seoul Tigers

5 Generales de Bogotà

Archived