World Football League- renewed and extended (whole league)

Pulv!

On 8/9/2016 at 4:03 PM, eick74 said:

I like the Birmingham Americans but the stars in the stripes might be either too confederate flag for some, but would be probably well accepted in Alabama (I live in north Alabama). I am wondering how the helmet stripe looks on the top of the helmet seeing as all stars visible are pointing up to the top.

The blue you used for the Philadelphia Bell uniforms looks much darker than what they used.Bell%2074%20Home%20Back%20Ron%20Kecman.jpg

I based my color choice on the logo color which in the Bell case is way darker than their uniforms. Concerning stars the top one on the helmet will be pointing forward.

38665609364_bedb96967e_o.png                                                                                        spacer.pngMy Behance                                                                                                   

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Southern California Sun

Purple and orange make such a combo! Sure an inusual one... helmet and shoulder striping is made from a mexican- south california natives pattern. I switched from the magenta color they used to a more proper purple to enhance the contrast so their colors are now orange orange and plum purple.

1974 original logo 110px-Southern_California_Sun.png

socal home.pngsocal sun away.pngscarf socal sun.png

38665609364_bedb96967e_o.png                                                                                        spacer.pngMy Behance                                                                                                   

• 2 weeks later...

Portland Storm

I slightly changed the logo idea to make the S clearer out of the hurricane shape. I also slightly edited the color gradient as the original blue and green scheme was way too bright and didn't correspond to the actual uni colors. Color scheme was based off the green of Oregon woods and ocean blue.

Hope you enjoy it!

1974 logo  5908.gif

portland storm home.png

portland storm away.pngscarf portland storm.pngscarf portland storm.png

Charlotte Hornets

Charlotte has ever been connected with hornets since  British General Cornwallis' words back in the days  when he described the town as "a hornet's nest of rebellion". My logo was designed seeking simple yet effective lines and the black and yellow striping has a main part in this identity. Nothing really to add to the color choice which is of course related with the hornet colors.

1974 logo Charlotte_Hornets_WFL_Logo_1974-1975.png

charlotte honets home.png

charlotte hornets away.pngscarf charlotte hornets.png

On 25/9/2016 at 9:00 PM, VirginiaJay24 said:

That storm logo reminds of this

images.jpg

Never heard of the summer slam but it is really similar indeed.. Was that a wrestling event of the 2000's? WWE was such a hit in Italy some ten years ago, at school everyone was trying to 619 you...

4 hours ago, Pulv! said:

Never heard of the summer slam but it is really similar indeed.. Was that a wrestling event of the 2000's? WWE was such a hit in Italy some ten years ago, at school everyone was trying to 619 you...

Now these its about the RKOs outta nowhere

• 2 weeks later...

Detroit Wheels

I found this identity quite fitted for Detroit although it was also a dull one. My main effort of modernization has been towards a simpler main logo and characteristic striping which I found in tire paths.

Color scheme is based of rubber dark gray, furnace red and machinery yellow. 

1974 helmet  wflfsdetroitwheels.jpg

detroit wheels home.png

detroit wheels away.pngscarf detroit wheels.png

A little geographical recap.

original map 2.0.png

WFL, huh? been a while I have heard of this league from my father. He was once offered to play for SoCal Suns, but he declined after he played for UC-Riverside (college discontinued the football program after 1975 season). He played guard next to Pat Hill as a center (Former head coach of Frenso State). 

Alamo%2BBowl_sig.png

Liberty Bowl_sig.png

FEAR THE FROG! LET'S GO TCU!!

• 1 month later...

Honolulu Hawaiians

Nice color choice even for the '70s! Rich yellow, deep red and brown are a old combo as it dates back to the time when Honolulu was just sand and volcanic rock and the hawaiian kings wore robes of those same colors. I got rid of the fighting hawaiian of the original logo using an H with an ibiscus flower (I just love them!) to simplify the identity. The striping pattern was modeled after the kings robes patterns.

On the scarf the motto, which is Honolulu actual motto, says "The pride of Honolulu" in hawaiian.

1974 logo 5885.gif

31494402485_c4e2ef4049_o.png

31494402775_5156c22436_o.png

31494399325_9588f36f11_o.png

One question about the playoffs. You have 4 of the 16 teams from the United States and Canada making the playoffs but only 4 of the 30 other teams making the playoffs. Wouldn't it be better to only have 2 guaranteed spots for the original division and 1 guaranteed spot for the other 4 divisions and then have 2 wild card spots that can be award to the two next best teams?

st__louis_aces_player_sig___tom_davis_by_verasthebrujah-d9w1l6u.jpg

new_orleans_krewe_player_sig___qb_donny_minor_by_verasthebrujah-dbd786h.jpg.04fb6ee08e3d6de5abf371b4fd8bf0bf.jpgmiami_suns_sig_by_verasthebrujah-da7emd5.jpg

59 minutes ago, eick74 said:

One question about the playoffs. You have 4 of the 16 teams from the United States and Canada making the playoffs but only 4 of the 30 other teams making the playoffs. Wouldn't it be better to only have 2 guaranteed spots for the original division and 1 guaranteed spot for the other 4 divisions and then have 2 wild card spots that can be award to the two next best teams?

Well, your idea could be a good one.

I based my playoffs just on my idea of how the fan base will be spread around the world. Football is a main sport in USA while in other continents it has just a marginal market. My playoff setting is still giving possibilities to everyone to compete against the almighty american football teams.

Still, your question has an important point on which I must reflect. I'm open to all kind of suggestions on the theme. ^_^

Jacksonville Sharks

I slightly edited the shark to make it look more like a black tip shark and less a random draw of species. Unis are based on the original ones with a modern touch like the shoulder striping with the central shark fin. The color scheme is based on abyss black, shark skin grey and shark teeth white. 

1974 logo 0b14be999d5a7ab9b941ea21f43e7718.jpg

30724974753_50d293e4f4_o.png

31418634971_73e670e899_o.png

30725012313_1e56724d0d_o.png

13 hours ago, osctheg said:

is the blacktip fin on the scarf a secondary?

Yes, sort of...

On 9/25/2016 at 2:53 AM, Pulv! said:

Portland Storm

I slightly changed the logo idea to make the S clearer out of the hurricane shape. I also slightly edited the color gradient as the original blue and green scheme was way too bright and didn't correspond to the actual uni colors. Color scheme was based off the green of Oregon woods and ocean blue.

Hope you enjoy it!

1974 logo  5908.gif

portland storm home.png

portland storm away.pngscarf portland storm.pngscarf portland storm.png

Easily my favorite of the bunch so far... Id make the white cuffs green, but other than that, it really works for the PNW. Well done!

Memphis Southmen

Although I love their old logo I decided to update their identity to match a more modern league feel. The roaring bear is a grizzlie as the unofficial nickname of the team is The Grizzlies as Southmen was disliked by memphis population. I still decided to stick with the original name as I know it was decided back in the first days of the league when Toronto Northmen (polar bear as a mascot) folded and  were moved to Memphis where they turned into the Southmen.

I slightly edited the color palette adding a intermediate shade of brown between the burnt orange and grizzlie fur brown with the name of Graceland soil brown.

1974 logo 5822.gif

31589887036_cd769b0d20_o.png

30785467394_e1eb13d9f7_o.png

31254697100_b0ef0bc346_o.png

Little editing on the font as I found out I had already used the previous font for Chicago. I just love that font so much...:rolleyes:

31608064186_a5f505e5fc_o.png

31498824862_02797cc57e_o.png

31498824782_cdc62ce2e9_o.png

Archived