World Football League- renewed and extended (whole league)

Pulv!

Sorry for the delay in posting but I had other issues last week...

Rois de Paris (Paris Kings)

The main language of this french franchise (:rolleyes:) will be French as Frenchmen really appreciate translation from english of almost everything (they don't call the PC mouse "souris" for a chance).

The fleur-de-lys features prominently in the identity as it was the symbol of french kings since the middle ages. The helmet has a golden band running around the whole shell to create a crown-like effect.

The color palette is composed of Heraldic Gold and Bleu de France.

The scarf will be sold mainly in the french version but the english version will also be available for foreing supporters.

31803850863_3e95a6633f_o.png

32493346721_125d4c02bc_o.png

32462706462_54de84a8af_o.png

32462706402_84774607e0_o.png

38665609364_bedb96967e_o.png                                                                                        spacer.pngMy Behance                                                                                                   

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Meshmaster101 said:

The logo looks a lot like the KC Royals logo.

Well, the color scheme is pretty similar and they both have a blue shield. I thought that it could be a problem but in the end the color scheme was the right one and shields are a good idea to incorporate crowns. LA Kings and KC Royals both use shields, Sac Kings used it till last year. my original idea was to focus the design on the fleur-de-lys but then I thought it would have looked too similar to the Saints.

38665609364_bedb96967e_o.png                                                                                        spacer.pngMy Behance                                                                                                   

A or B? I need your help to choose wich logo set and color scheme to use for the team from Rome.

My first idea was to use the identity made for a team with the same name in my Italian Football League expansion (B) but then I realized that my logo for the St.Louis team designed for the logolymiads was also for a namesake team (A). Let me know your comments on the subject!

32625858895_6ae5ee104a_o.png

B on the new one. But the G in the Pentagon is a little too close to the Charlotte Hornets CH logo

I love the Portland and Charlotte updates as well as the Sun, solid work

Here are the places I would put a different take on it...

Fonts that are wide and short do not work well on jerseys. Look at the Atlanta Falcons font. It works for word mark, but not for the numbers set.

Taller more narrow numbers work best.

When I redesigned our schools number branding, I used Falcons Font, but when I used it for numbers, I went 15% on height, and 75% on width. It kept the contiuity, while making numbers work better on the uniforms.

The second thing is strokes on numbers... 

The yellow stroke will make the numbers 1 piece on the 2 numbers if tackle twill. If you are sublimating, its fine, but three layers of twill and that much on front and back will make for a uniform that does not wear well, is heavy and will be clunky. 

3 hours ago, FFWally said:

The yellow stroke will make the numbers 1 piece on the 2 numbers if tackle twill. If you are sublimating, its fine, but three layers of twill and that much on front and back will make for a uniform that does not wear well, is heavy and will be clunky. 

So you suggest only two layers of numbers like in the home jersey? I'll try something...

I really need some more feedback on the gladiators logo before designing the unis.

Roma Gladiators

This identity is heavily based on my IFL team with the same name.

The gladiator helmet of the main logo was designed after original murmillo helmet. The murmilllo was a kind of gladiator who fought with heavy helmet and shield and a gladius and was usually the enemy of a less armored but swifter fighter, like the retiarius (the one with the trident and the net).

The colors are taken from the city banner and are named Blood Red, Sand Gold and Armour Bronze.

On the scarf you can read the latin motto "Audentes fortuna iuvat" which means "Fortune helps the bolds".

Since its beginnings the team has always sported  the player number on the helmet instead of the logo as the idea of the gladiator helmet was already strong due to the coloring and to put an helmet logo on a helmet looked a bit silly...

32446271690_088cd0e390_o.png

32827109345_0895b18539_o.png

32446271080_5f513732ec_o.png

In the end I chose to go with the B look as I recieved mixed feedbacks and I felt like staying with my original design was the best choice. I'll keep the other logo for further logo changes.

Stockholm Vikingar (Vikings)

The team identity is pretty self explainatory.

The color palette was taken from the flag of the county of Stockholm wich is blue, red and gold and were renamed by the team Victory Red as the color of a victorious battlefield, Raiders Gold as the color most wanted from every single raider and Horizon blue as the point were their ships were heading. The helmet is designed to look like the very same battle helmet of the viking in the logo, who BTW is called Knut. The usual horns were ditched as there are no historical evidence vikings ever wore horned helmets.

For the scarfs you have another time the double language possibility, not because Swedish people don't know english as they usually do pretty well but because such a history bound identity deserved a more historically correct language than english (of course Old Norse was a bit too hardcore ^_^).

I also apolgise if I got the translation wrong, I did my best with my little knowledge of nordic languages.

32541041450_915dbbc4ed_o.png

32541041660_5e06c96ff6_o.png

32880955366_9b862a0fd1_o.png32921358995_97ce3b74e3_o.png

Stockholm looks great, but one thing is bugging me and I have a suggestion for improvement.

- The logo: I can't entirely tell what that white bar in the middle is, but it makes it look almost.. Transformer-ish.

- The helmet: Take the logo off. There is plenty of history of logoless or half logoless helmets in football, and it'll have the added benefit of actually looking exactly like Knut's helmet.

3 hours ago, Big Yellow Flag said:

Stockholm looks great, but one thing is bugging me and I have a suggestion for improvement.

- The logo: I can't entirely tell what that white bar in the middle is, but it makes it look almost.. Transformer-ish.

- The helmet: Take the logo off. There is plenty of history of logoless or half logoless helmets in football, and it'll have the added benefit of actually looking exactly like Knut's helmet.

I'll definitely try out your suggestion for the helmet but the problem for the log is that the white bar was ment to be the piece of flash between the helmet and the beard. I made it white as I didn't want to add any color not reflected in the actual uniform.

Nice group! :D

So... love the iconography, but.

The Red and Gold is very Skåne, while the Stockholm County flag has the Red Gold Blue, I've only seen hundreds of Swedish Flags The Blågult (National Soccer Team Moniker) while in Stockholm, Uppsala is very Red Gold and Ive seen their flag at county buildings, but everything else I see there is the  Blågult

that said... I'd go more heavily Blue Gold with red as a highlight color.

I used this as a reference but if you say this is not a very well known flag than I'll make it more blue and gold.

313px-Stockholms_l%C3%A4n_vapenflagga.sv

Archived