World Football League- renewed and extended (whole league)

Pulv!

Shanghai Red Stars

The team representing China was at first given the traditional red and gold colors but to reflect the modernity and the power of the modern chinese nation the color scheme was switched to a two tone red and white. 

24472450897_8102bf57f6_o.png

25467745348_af5a811a8e_o.png

24472461847_7768f02f52_o.png

38665609364_bedb96967e_o.png                                                                                        spacer.pngMy Behance                                                                                                   

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Whittier S said:

I'd put the shades of the two reds just a bit further apart. I'd also better integrate the wordmark with the logo. Otherwise, it's very well done.

I tried to have a darker dark red but it looked too maroon and to have the lighter red washed down brings in a sort of pink. I'll try some more mixing and matching.

38665609364_bedb96967e_o.png                                                                                        spacer.pngMy Behance                                                                                                   

• 2 weeks later...

Seoul Tigers

Tigers are very inmportant in korean culture so it looked like a good fit for a team from this vibrant and innovative asiatic country. Tigers were present in medioeval times in the peninsula and were seen ase guardians in the west. The away kit plays on the idea of the white tiger, an animal even more special than normal tigers, as it is supposed sacred in korean folklore.

39785460961_6915663849_o.png

39785462071_bbcf62686d_o.png

39785466401_4a4806ca3c_o.png

Sydney Wallabies

The identity of the Wallabies is a mix of modern and vintage. The logo inside the ball outline remind us of long gone NFL logos while the use of the dotted aboriginal pattern is a modern twist on striping. The helmet logo features the player's number. The color scheme is taken from the city's coat of arms.

40194690932_3b253b29df_o.png

28448439689_55a8018df3_o.png

40194693842_5bd95ffcd5_o.png

I like everything about Sydney except for the font. Seems a little too much on the cartoony side. The number on the helmet also seems unnecessary.

On a side note, what template did you use for this? And do you have a link?

"Hi, everybody!" - Dr. Nick Riviera

hLykCVo.png

0CCuMRY.png

vgiUIL2.png

I love the number font and color scheme you used, it perfectly fits what I thought the team’s identity was gonna be. Just wanted to ask, when the concepts are finished, are you gonna move this thread over to sports fan fiction and start simulating seasons? Anyway, nice work. 

13 hours ago, waj287 said:

I like everything about Sydney except for the font. Seems a little too much on the cartoony side. The number on the helmet also seems unnecessary.

On a side note, what template did you use for this? And do you have a link?

The template I use is a mix and matching of different ones. Using it on Inkscape the file is a .svg but if you need for paint or photoshop I can definitely prepare it for you. Let me know and will PM it to you.

12 hours ago, CheeseBurger22 said:

I love the number font and color scheme you used, it perfectly fits what I thought the team’s identity was gonna be. Just wanted to ask, when the concepts are finished, are you gonna move this thread over to sports fan fiction and start simulating seasons? Anyway, nice work. 

Thanks as always for your kind words! I'm not going to simulate the league as I'm not a big fan of it but, in time, I will definitely add other tier to the league adding cities I had to skip in this project. 

9 hours ago, Pulv! said:

The template I use is a mix and matching of different ones. Using it on Inkscape the file is a .svg but if you need for paint or photoshop I can definitely prepare it for you. Let me know and will PM it to you.

Thanks as always for your kind words! I'm not going to simulate the league as I'm not a big fan of it but, in time, I will definitely add other tier to the league adding cities I had to skip in this project. 

Thanks for the offer! If you have an Illustrator version that would work but Photoshop is also fine.

"Hi, everybody!" - Dr. Nick Riviera

hLykCVo.png

0CCuMRY.png

vgiUIL2.png

5 hours ago, neo_prankster said:

@Pulv!

Even though you just said you wouldn't simulate, if this WFL could be a real league, would you see it being a step higher or lower than the NFL?

Probably the overall league would be a step lower than the NFL, as all the teams from all over the world should be on the same level as the Original Conference teams, so to match the best teams outside the USA northamerican teams have to be a little step down from the NFL. The WFL organization, though, is a different entity from the NFL, for sure they could have preseason games between the two leagues. In my mind the NFL is more about showing the best possible football available while the WFL is more about showing what football is about to the world.

BTW I don't want to simulate the league because I wouldn't be good at it, but if anyone is interested in it I could definitely help you with it and the possible adding of new logos.

• 2 weeks later...

Singapore Jets

Singapore is an international transport hub and its airport is one of the busiest in the world so airplanes are a major thing in the city-state. Singapore Air Force has some operational F-15 so the team logo was designed with those in mind. The overall striping represents the two afterburner of the jet  and the steam paths at each wing end. The color palette was taken from the jet coloring in two tones gray and the red is taken from Singapore air force roundel. The roundel is also the inspiration behind the helmet logo, S and J enclosed in a circle. 

39812838574_e8ed75913a_o.png

40480582352_323ce4ecab_o.png

39812841954_47102c58d9_o.png

• 2 weeks later...

Manila  Tropic

The name was chosen as the country of Philippines stands between the tropic of Cancer and the Equator in a zone that can be named the tripical strip. The logo featuring the crocodile is an homage to the Philippine Crocodile, an endangered specie now under 2000 animals. The two tone green color scheme represents both the crocodile and the luscious tropical forest that covers a good part of the archipelago. A crocodile skin pattern is sublimated on the shoulder area of the jersey and on the pants side panel.

26879416108_ddafbce33c_o.png

40040427424_77313cd599_o.png

38940081500_031c8ce30a_o.png

1 hour ago, neo_prankster said:
1 hour ago, neo_prankster said:

The logo is backwards on the helmet.

I know, it just looked better to me looking that way. If you feel like it's too odd I'll reverse it.

Archived