New Yankee Candle logo and design

Lateral move.  Lost a bit of personality and kicked themselves in the pants with the new design, but I think they did it to save money.  Smaller labels with no gold trim to save pennies-per-printing.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

4 hours ago, CS85 said:

Lateral move.  Lost a bit of personality and kicked themselves in the pants with the new design, but I think they did it to save money.  Smaller labels with no gold trim to save pennies-per-printing.

The clear bit on the old one probably cost money, too.

26 minutes ago, VDizzle12 said:

There are at least 2 or 3 "brands" sold at dollar stores or grocery stores around my area that use the exact same label and jar design as Yankee. I wouldn't be surprised if they changed up the label to distance themselves from knockoffs.

tr_PalmBeach.jpg

They actually make those too.  When you go to the Yankee Candle store in Williamsburg, VA they have a outlet section of candles that are off color and such, and not only are the main Yankee Candle ones there, a lot of the Store Brand generic candles are there too. 

Downgrade. The new logo doesn't fit the overall style of "quaint New England candlemaker" at all. And I hate those lowercase "e"s.

Worth noting: Yankee Candle's parent company (Jarden) was apparently bought out by Rubbermaid earlier this year. Wondering if Rubbermaid pushed for a rebrand for one reason or another.

Downgrade.  There's only two ways you can go with the name "Yankee."  You either embrace the old timey cobblestone or you slap pinstripes on it.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

• 2 weeks later...

While that new logo and label might work on the taller candles, I'm interested to see how they're going to reduce it to fit on the smaller ones. I don't see the vertically-centric layout fairing well.

"This isn't just the Oregon Ducks, it's Football's Future Turf Soldier War Hero Steel Robot Tech Flex Machine Army." -CS85

On 9/16/2016 at 11:22 AM, burgundy said:

They seem to have changed the candle name from "Catching Rays" to "Catchin' Rays" as well. Oh wait... that's just a terrible design.

Yeah, they also seemed to drop the "Devil" part and are now just Rays of light or something stupid.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Archived