Houston Astros: Tequila Sunrise Hangover

Victormrey

Yet another MLB tweak idea instead of continuing the Premier League x Baseball crossover? Well, I'm kinda burned out of the series. I will obviously finish it, but I want to design other things meanwhile as well.

It's time for the Houston Astros. I think the Astros have a really nice colour scheme, but their current identity is a bit bland. That's why I decided to bring back the "Tequila Sunrise" scheme, which is the prefered by most of the people. I have applied the Tequila Sunrise pattern to the wordmarks and logos, instead of using just orange. I have also used it changing the orange shades for blue:

Houston Astros Home Wordmark.pngHouston Astros Road Wordmark.pngHouston Astros Alt Home Wordmark.pngHouston Astros Alt Road Wordmark.png

The uniforms feature the gradient on the cuffs, pants, socks and numbers, keeping havy as secondary colour:

Houston Astros Home Uniform.pngHouston Astros Road Uniform.pngHouston Astros Alt Home Uniform.pngHouston Astros Alt Road Uniform.png

These are the sleeve logos:

Houston Astros Sleeve Logo 1.pngHouston Astros Sleeve Logo 2.png

Props to @Carolingian Steamroller and @MJD7, whose great Astros designs inspired these ideas.

C&C appreciated!

Gorgeous work! The tequila sunrise on the wordmarks looks simply fantastic. I agree with @rsaline that the blue "moonrise" pattern doesn't work as well, but otherwise great job.

This is a great teaser for your full MLB Series (though I do hope you decide to finish your Premier League series, too).

17 hours ago, rsaline said:

I really like the orange gradient. Stirrups are gorgeous.

15 hours ago, Paul Lucas said:

I'm loving it!!! It's subtle yet genius.

15 hours ago, coco1997 said:

Gorgeous work! The tequila sunrise on the wordmarks looks simply fantastic.

This is a great teaser for your full MLB Series (though I do hope you decide to finish your Premier League series, too).

11 hours ago, MJD7 said:

I appreciate the kind words! I would say this is good use of a few of mine and @Carolingian Steamroller's ideas, as well as putting your own nice, unique spin on them. Good job!

Than you guys for the positive feedback!

17 hours ago, rsaline said:

But the blue doesn't seem to have the same effect.

15 hours ago, coco1997 said:

I agree with @rsaline that the blue "moonrise" pattern doesn't work as well, but otherwise great job.

I've edited the blue gradient, does it look any better?

Houston Astros Alt Home Wordmark 2.pngHouston Astros Alt Home Uniform 2.pngHouston Astros Sleeve Logo 3.png

15 hours ago, Paul Lucas said:

Great work, I'd like to see what the numbers would look like. And maybe 'HOUSTON' on the orange one so that they don't have 3 'ASTROS.'

The designs have been updated, featuring now the numbers.

Given the navy uniform is the alt road one, how about using the Houston wordmark for it?

Houston Astros Alt Road Wordmark 2.pngHouston Astros Alt Road Uniform 2.png

8 hours ago, coco1997 said:

Big improvement on the blue gradient! 

7 hours ago, Paul Lucas said:

You and @Carolingian Steamrollerhave really done the Astros proud. Honestly, great work, Gentlemen. If they implemented either set (or some combination of both like CS's H/R and your alts), I'd be elated.

Thank you both!

Just now, Victormrey said:

Thanks! It's true that the design it's similar to the Mets style, but I just used their current secondary logo in the alternate colours, but in a brighter shade ;)

If anything I'd personally just slightly darken up the blues...but thats just me

6 minutes ago, New York's Greatest said:

If anything I'd personally just slightly darken up the blues...but thats just me

It was my initial idea, but in orther to make the blue pattern "closer" to the Tequila Sunrise, I decided to make it lighter.

The white and grey uniforms are simply stunning.  I love the subtle use of the gradient and how you incorporated it into the logo.  The new "moonrise" gradient is certainly an improvement though it still does't work as well as the "sunrise."  If I had one recommendation, it would be to incorporate the sunrise into the orange uniform instead.  Though I'm not sure how you would do that without coming across contrast issues.  At any rate this is a fantastic concept and exactly what the real team should do.  Props!

On 12/9/2016 at 1:04 AM, Morgo said:

The white and grey uniforms are simply stunning.  I love the subtle use of the gradient and how you incorporated it into the logo.  The new "moonrise" gradient is certainly an improvement though it still does't work as well as the "sunrise."  If I had one recommendation, it would be to incorporate the sunrise into the orange uniform instead.  Though I'm not sure how you would do that without coming across contrast issues.  At any rate this is a fantastic concept and exactly what the real team should do.  Props!

Thanks! How about something like this?

Houston Astros Alt Home Wordmark 3.pngHouston Astros Alt Home Uniform 3.png

On 12/9/2016 at 3:44 AM, Carolingian Steamroller said:

The road alternate is practically glowing! :-)

On 12/9/2016 at 4:00 AM, Griffinmarlins said:

This is a really good idea. The pants and socks is too much. Wordmarks and logos are fantastic though!

21 hours ago, Capt. America said:

Goodness gracious, those are beautiful! Fantastic work.

Thank you guys!

On 12/9/2016 at 4:00 AM, Griffinmarlins said:

This is a really good idea, but I think that you should only use the gradient on the jerseys. The pants and socks is too much. Wordmarks and logos are fantastic though!

I think I'll stick to my original idea. IMO the use of the gradient make the unis look more "complete". Thanks for your comment anyway ;)

Archived