MLB Tweaks and Expansion Made in Paint (Portland Thorns 36/36)

Victormrey

• Replies 694
  • Created
  • Last Reply
55 minutes ago, Victormrey said:

Thank you very much!

Does this version of the home alt look better?

Anaheim Angels Home Alt Uniform 2.png

Not the colors I personally would have gone with, but you seem to have the Midas touch, brother. Your execution is great! I like the modified alternate and also the return of the 'Anaheim' wordmark. I'm curious as to why the numbers used are the inverted colors and why you didn't use the Angels' current number font. 

1 minute ago, Paul Lucas said:

Not the colors I personally would have gone with, but you seem to have the Midas touch, brother. Your execution is great! I like the modified alternate and also the return of the 'Anaheim' wordmark. I'm curious as to why the numbers used are the inverted colors and why you didn't use the Angels' current number font. 

Thanks! I inverted the number colours in order not to make the uniform look "repetitive". And I'm not a fan of their current number style, which I think looks better for the Rangers.

19 hours ago, mjd77 said:

Change the navy to royal and you have a good look.

I decided to use Navy/Yellow because I think it's the scheme they'll be using in the future, and also it's a way to unify most of their schemes. 

Given I can't decide which combination use, this is an example of all of them:

Milwaukee Brewers Colour Scheme Test.png

Which one do you think is the best?

27 minutes ago, Victormrey said:

I decided to use Navy/Yellow because I think it's the scheme they'll be using in the future, and also it's a way to unify most of their schemes. 

Given I can't decide which combination use, this is an example of all of them:

Milwaukee Brewers Colour Scheme Test.png

Which one do you think is the best?

I would still stick with the first option.

Looking forward to the Angels in Ducks colors. :)

1 hour ago, coco1997 said:

I would still stick with the first option.

58 minutes ago, MJD7 said:

I actually think I might like the very right one the best.

55 minutes ago, Paul Lucas said:

Somewhere between 3 and 4.

50 minutes ago, coco1997 said:

Yeah, I could live with #3, but I'm just not a fan of that dark gold in #2 and #4. Plus, #4 would have the Brewers look too much like your Royals.

Thanks guys for the feedback. I'll be deciding the final scheme between #1 and #3. As @coco1997 said, the #4 would be to close, and #2 would be the current colour combination, which I would like to change.

1 hour ago, coco1997 said:

Looking forward to the Angels in Ducks colors. :)

I think for cases like the Angels in Ducks' colours, I'll be creating a "What it wasn't" section (if that makes sense), publishing those kind of desigs at the end of the series.

1 hour ago, MJD7 said:

Maybe if you used a lighter gold, but not quite yellow.

How about using a colour kwown as "Weld-Yellow"?

Milwaukee Brewers Colour Scheme Test 2.png

31 minutes ago, Victormrey said:

I think for cases like the Angels in Ducks' colours, I'll be creating a "What it wasn't" section (if that makes sense), publishing those kind of desigs at the end of the series.

Sounds good to me. :)

32 minutes ago, Victormrey said:

How about using a colour kwown as "Weld-Yellow"?

Milwaukee Brewers Colour Scheme Test 2.png

Yeah, I'm fine with option #2.

This is just a suggestion, but I think a shade like this might look really nice:

Gold.png

Paired with a royal blue, this would remind me of a kind of color scheme you'd see on a beer logo, which fits the name. But of course, it's not that big a deal. I think royal and yellow would look just fine as well.

1 minute ago, MJD7 said:

This is just a suggestion, but I think a shade like this might look really nice:

Gold.png

Paired with a royal blue, this would remind me of a kind of color scheme you'd see on a beer logo, which fits the name. But of course, it's not that big a deal. I think royal and yellow would look just fine as well.

This is almost orange, but I actually really like it.

3 minutes ago, coco1997 said:

This is almost orange, but I actually really like it.

That was my thought as well, so I was debating between which of these two to suggest, maybe you'd like the lighter one. The darker of the two is the one above.

Gold.pngGold.png

Hell, just steal the Mariners fauxback alternate colors.  That would look great for the Brewers, and I believe that blue is a bit darker shade of royal.  Looks absolutely great with the cream and yellow.

Archived