MLB Tweaks and Expansion Made in Paint (Portland Thorns 36/36)

Victormrey

1 hour ago, Victormrey said:

Thank you. Am I the only one who actually likes the "D" logo? :upside: I wated to use it in order not to be repetitive with the "A" logo, and I want the snakehead to stay on the sleeves.

I think I'll keep it as it is for the moment, but if more people ask for the same change, I'll do it.

If you like it, just stick to your guns. If anything maybe ditch the "A" logo from everything but the alternate. 

• Replies 694
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2 hours ago, coco1997 said:

I think the "A" and "D" logos can both coexist in your concept. Like I said before, I'm personally not a fan of the snake "D" (I find the "A" much more iconic) but you managed to make the "D" look good.

I, too, prefer the "A" logo over the "D" logo. But regardless of the one you end up using, I'm already excited about this series. Great work thus far!

Shipping up to Boston!

I think the Red Sox have one of those iconic looks in baseball. Despite I'm not a big fan of them, I really like their uniform and their overall look. 

The wordmarks and logos remain the same, while for the uniform designs I decided to bring back the style used from the 30's to the 60's, applying it to the four uniforms.

Boston Red Sox Home Uniform.pngBoston Red Sox Road Uniform.pngBoston Red Sox Alt Home Uniform.pngBoston Red Sox Alt Road Uniform.png

Despite six uniforms may seem too much, I decided to design two special uniforms: one for the Irish Heritage Day, and other as a throwback, inspired by the of the team's early uniforms.

Boston Red Sox Irish Heritage Uniform.pngBoston Red Sox Throwback.png

That Irish heritage uniform turned out REALLY nice. As long as it says "Boston" and not "Red Sox," not having any actual red on the uni shouldn't result in cognitive dissonance. ;)

I hope to see some more throwbacks and special event unis throughout the rest of this series! 

I rather like how Boston turned out. I'm always of two minds as to whether Boston should wear blue or red sleeves. I like the headspoon being added to the road uniform. I normally prefer blue script on the road greys but with the red piping it looks nice. 

The only way I can properly describe it is that its somehow soothing. Reassuring. 

This is what the Red Sox should look like. Great job! I really like the piping and special uniforms. Heck, everything. And I'm a Yankee fan (last night hurt). I'm also on the fence about which color undershirt...I kinda prefer them in blue because it links them to their past...But the red also makes sense.

Have you considered doing blue letters with red outline on the road? IMG_5759.JPG

That Irish heritage uniform turned out REALLY nice. As long as it says "Boston" and not "Red Sox," not having any actual red on the uni shouldn't result in cognitive dissonance. ;)

1 hour ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

I rather like how Boston turned out. I'm always of two minds as to whether Boston should wear blue or red sleeves. I like the headspoon being added to the road uniform.

28 minutes ago, Paul Lucas said:

This is what the Red Sox should look like. Great job! I really like the piping and special uniforms. Heck, everything. And I'm a Yankee fan (last night hurt). I'm also on the fence about which color undershirt...I kinda prefer them in blue because it links them to their past...But the red also makes sense.

Thanks guys!

I hope to see some more throwbacks and special event unis throughout the rest of this series! 

I'll be doing more throwbacks for sure ;)

1 hour ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

I normally prefer blue script on the road greys but with the red piping it looks nice. 

The only way I can properly describe it is that its somehow soothing. Reassuring. 

28 minutes ago, Paul Lucas said:

Have you considered doing blue letters with red outline on the road? 

I'll stick to the red/blue wordmark, I think it looks better with more red than blue.

7 hours ago, coco1997 said:

Yep, that looks great. I would make it part of the main set. 

Looking forward to seeing the Braves! 

Thanks! It looks much better than the initial road uni indeed.

I'll upload the Braves designs tomorrow, but I think it'll be worth the wait ;)

4 hours ago, New York's Greatest said:

Love the way the Sox look

Thank you.

Let's move on to Atlanta.

A couple of months ago I saw this snapback Braves cap, which I personally love. That cap style along with the uniforms from the 70's totally inspire this set. I used navy instead of blue, and the navy/white uni becomes the alternate home, using grey for the road and red for the alternate road one. Thank you very much to @Carolingian Steamroller, who let me use the feather design from his alternate Braves uniform!

The wordmark style remain the same, dropping the yellow/gold from the axe, and using red for the navy alt uniform.

Atlanta Braves Home Uniform.pngAtlanta Braves Road Uniform.pngAtlanta Braves Alternate Home Uniform.pngAtlanta Braves Alternate Road Uniform.png

Nicely done. My only suggestions would be to swap the colors on the alternates (red at home and navy on the road instead of the other way around) and change the caps. I'm not a fan of the lowercase "a" cap logo for the Braves, and I also think a front-panel cap is too much when combined with those wordmarks and sleeves on the jerseys.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Very nice, brother! Not what expected, but the look is starting to grow on me. I'm really liking the the sleeves, especially on the red alt (which had always been a disaster for Atlanta, but might be favorite one here). I agree with @Lights Out, the lower case 'a' and the white panel might be too much...especially since you're still featuring the tomahawk. I'd like to see this set with their capital 'A.' And maybe the cream alternate.? Great work!

18 hours ago, coco1997 said:

Beautiful work on Atlanta! These are simply fantastic! I love the way you adapted the sleeve feathers to every option, especially the red alternate. 

I believe the White Sox are next? :)

Thanks! Yes, the White Sox are the next.

18 hours ago, Lights Out said:

Nicely done. My only suggestions would be to swap the colors on the alternates (red at home and navy on the road instead of the other way around) and change the caps. I'm not a fan of the lowercase "a" cap logo for the Braves, and I also think a front-panel cap is too much when combined with those wordmarks and sleeves on the jerseys.

I wanted the navy-white uni to be the alternate home because I think the white sleeves with grey pants would look weird.

About the caps, do these look better?

Atlanta Braves Home Uniform 2.pngAtlanta Braves Alternate Home Uniform.png

13 hours ago, Paul Lucas said:

Very nice, brother! Not what expected, but the look is starting to grow on me. I'm really liking the the sleeves, especially on the red alt (which had always been a disaster for Atlanta, but might be favorite one here). I agree with @Lights Out, the lower case 'a' and the white panel might be too much...especially since you're still featuring the tomahawk. I'd like to see this set with their capital 'A.' And maybe the cream alternate.? Great work!

Thank you, how about these?

Atlanta Braves Home Uniform 3.pngAtlanta Braves Road Uniform 2.pngAtlanta Braves Alternate Home Uniform 2.pngAtlanta Braves Alternate Road Uniform 2.pngAtlanta Braves Throwback Uniform.png

Archived