MLB Tweaks and Expansion Made in Paint (Portland Thorns 36/36)

Victormrey

4 minutes ago, coco1997 said:

If you want to do something pertaining to the name, maybe a boat of some kind?

If not, there's plenty of New Orleans culture from which to draw--a voodoo skull, a king cake, a crawdad ;) , etc. 

The King Cake is what the Baby Cakes will be using on their NOLA wordmark, right? That'd be cool.

Now that you talk about Voodoo, a radical change has came to my mind: The scripts I have designed may be nice, but they're not very NOLA-ish (apart from the fact that they're inspired on the DOWN band logo, which's based on that city). Also, thinking about it, "The Bayous" sound a bit lame to me.

So, how about calling the team "NOLA Voodoo" and using the typical font related to the city?

• Replies 694
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Victormrey said:

The King Cake is what the Baby Cakes will be using on their NOLA wordmark, right? That'd be cool.

Now that you talk about Voodoo, a radical change has came to my mind: The scripts I have designed may be nice, but they're not very NOLA-ish (apart from the fact that they're inspired on the DOWN band logo, which's based on that city). Also, thinking about it, "The Bayous" sound a bit lame to me.

So, how about calling the team "NOLA Voodoo" and using the typical font related to the city?

You know, I didn't want to say anything, but I was never a fan of the "Bayous" nickname. There's a lot more potential for interesting logos and such with a team called the "Voodoo." 

What is the "typical font" to which you're referring? 

16 minutes ago, coco1997 said:

You know, I didn't want to say anything, but I was never a fan of the "Bayous" nickname. There's a lot more potential for interesting logos and such with a team called the "Voodoo." 

What is the "typical font" to which you're referring? 

Something like the currently used by the Pelicans.

12 minutes ago, coco1997 said:

Nice work!

Where'd that skull and crossbones logo come from? I like it a lot. It would be cool if you could make the bones look more like baseball bats. 

Is the background color on the second "NOLA" option black or a very dark navy blue?

To answer  your question, the real  New Orleans  Voodoo of the AFL.

new_orleans_krewe_player_sig___qb_donny_

6 minutes ago, coco1997 said:

Nice work!

Where'd that skull and crossbones logo come from? I like it a lot. It would be cool if you could make the bones look more like baseball bats. 

Is the background color on the second "NOLA" option black or a very dark navy blue?

Thank you! The logo is taken from the former Arena Football team "New Orleans Voodoo". I could try to turn the bones into baseball bats, but it will be difficult for me.

I've just found a better version for the logo, so here is the updated design:

NOLA Voodoo Wordmark Logo.png

About the colour used, it's Navy. Inspired by the Baby Cakes.

On 16/11/2016 at 7:24 PM, hendocfc said:

I think that the wordmarks have too many outlines.. but it's your concept,your rules.

I'd like to use the three Mardi Gras colours, so I'll keep the double outline.

On 16/11/2016 at 7:52 PM, ahowe6464 said:

No purple jersey? I think that would work better than the yellow or the navy.

Nice idea. I'll be using purple instead of navy for the road alt jersey.

Sorry everyone for this drought days. I'll be continuing with the designs from tomorrow.

This is my plan: I'll be doing the NOLA Voodoo first, given I've the wrodmarks, then Portland and then the Montréal Draveurs.

Also, the Las Vegas NHL team will be announced tomorrow. In case it's not called "Knights", I'll probably use the Charlotte Knights look for the team.

About the next series. I've been thinking about it, and I think I'll take a break from baseball, doing a soccer series (I've not decided the theme yet).

17 hours ago, Victormrey said:

Sorry everyone for this drought days. I'll be continuing with the designs from tomorrow.

This is my plan: I'll be doing the NOLA Voodoo first, given I've the wrodmarks, then Portland and then the Montréal Draveurs.

Also, the Las Vegas NHL team will be announced tomorrow. In case it's not called "Knights", I'll probably use the Charlotte Knights look for the team.

About the next series. I've been thinking about it, and I think I'll take a break from baseball, doing a soccer series (I've not decided the theme yet).

Would you keep the Knights in Vegas or make the Charlotte Knights an MLB team?

17 hours ago, Victormrey said:

If they are some Knights team, then would you consider Charlotte as the Racers? Seeing as NASCAR is based there.

Welcome to Kansas, where you can see your future, literally.

image.png

IMG_1326.PNG

43 minutes ago, coco1997 said:

Would you keep the Knights in Vegas or make the Charlotte Knights an MLB team?

Thing is I've already done the two East teams (Nashville and Montreal). But I might consider changing  the city from Las Vegas to other city from the centre area.

"Don't be late, 'cause I'm a Voodoo child". After a couple of days without posting designs, let's continue with the NOLA Voodoo:

I decided to go for a simple style, using the Mardi Gras colours plus navy for the caps, baselayer, etc.

NOLA Voodoo Home Uniform.pngNOLA Voodoo Road Uniform.pngNOLA Voodoo Home Alt Uniform.pngNOLA Voodoo Road Alt Uniform.png

So... The NHL Las Vegas team has been named "Golden Knights", so I won't be using the Charlotte Knights franchise. I'd like to change the 51's team, but I have no ideas right now.

I think adding the 6 expansion teams may have been a mistake (basically because the ideas I've had have been lame). I think I'll do the Portland Thorns to finish the series, and, after a couple of months, I'll start a new tweak series, applying all the suggestions I've got through this one, including for the 6 expansion teams.

Archived